Suikoden United and Irenic Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

any of you guys had a character die in army battles?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zaj wrote:
What's with Belcoot dying so often? I had Belcoot die on me on my first playthrough, during the Queen's Campaign. This was particulary annoying since I had already trouble with it, mainly Kyle's fight. What's up with not being able to choose continue if you happen to die, and then you have to fight the army battle again, but at the last dungeon when you split parties, you can choose to continue.

Maybe it's like in a continue your characters run away to refresh themselves or something, though this is impossible for final bosses.

Belcoot can also die in the Childerich duel too, that game really must not want him to live.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Belcoot can also die in the Childerich duel too, that game really must not want him to live.

Well, Belcoot is one of those characters who have very high chances of dying in this game. I haven't had Belcoot die in any of my playthroughs though. I really don't know why. It must be due to sheer luck or something.
psylo

Bloody Mage

567 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My character in Suikoden 5 never die in army battle.

but yes in Suikoden 1. Maximilian's apprentice, who's his name again? die when i try to use him in the final battle. I load again and try again. He is still dying. Oh, well. Next times, i don't use him again.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's just a case of how you conduct your battles, if you go all out, you're very likely to lose a character, if you're more reserved and attack only when they come to you then you're unlikely to lose any characters, let alone men.

Last edited by Ujitsuna on Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
crushedvelvet

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been fairly lucky overall with deaths.

I had Maximillian die in a game of Suiko 1. I think it was actually the final battle too.

In my first playthrough of 5 I lost Zegai, which sucked because I'd only got him shortly before that battle.

I didn't realise Hazuki leaves too if Belcoot dies. I'd better not try and get him killed, however sorely tempted I am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mullenger

8949 Potch
19 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ive only ever had one character ever die on me in the whole of the Suiko serie and that was Leapants wife in number 1 - Eileen i think it was.

I was heartbroken..... *sobs*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One more for Belcoot i guess, it was during the final fight but i figured oh well i'll see what goes on and how things go only to have Zegai die out on me. Quite instantly = reset :*laugh*: :*laugh*:

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I save often, so it isn't really a problem for me. However, here are the deaths that I have experienced:

Suikoden I: To add insult to injury right as my entire army was wiped out by Kwanda Rosman, Eileen kicked the bucket.

Suikoden II: I think that a few of my characters were killed off, but I know for a fact that I saw Tai Ho die. That was depressing. I restarted and kicked ass the next time around.

Suikoden V: I also experienced the Belcoot death. It was weird, though, because he died in a naval battle. Oh well. The game was restarted and I achieved a Victory+.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't believe I did it again, I replayed Suikoden V and guess what happened during the Lordlake defense against Maja Sparna...

...Belcoot died again.

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, you all must suck in the Suikoden V army battles to be losing units. :P (I kid)

The only time I had someone die was way back in Suikoden I. I didn't have any ninjas, so had to stick to the random guessing. I picked Luc to attack and unfortunately got pelted by arrows.

Bye bye, Luc.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden I, I found character deaths a lot more dominant than in II or V. I can not rememebr which units bit the dust, but I do remember having to reset several times. I have a question, if Luc dies in Suikoden I, and you transfer data from that file to Suikoden II, will Luc still be a SoD? Same with Sheena or Meg. I'm unsure if either of them can die in Suikoden I, but I don't think they're exempt like a few other characters would be.

Suikoden II, there were only two instances I remember having to reset because of character deaths. One was Gilbert who for some reason couldn't take out a meager Highland infantry unit (even after Tsai fire speared them) and the other is, of course, Ridley. Ridley died in that game more often than he retreated. It was such a pain in the butt, but I used him anyhow, because he wasn't that bad of a unit.

I don't think characters could die in Suikoden III's major fights, or if they can, you'd have to be a fricking idiot, or insanely undferleveled to lose a major fight in that game.

Suikoden IV? No clue. I played it and beat it once for completion purposes. I don't remember ever losing a single boat in those fights.

As far as Suikoden V is concerned, the only major fight which caused me any degree of difficulty was the final march on Sol-Falena. The one where you had 2 groups of boats and a group marching up the center. For some reason Eresh likes to die in that battle. I never had a problem with Belcoot dying. Maybe its because I always had him with Boz and some other highly powerful person (Dinn? Hazuki?). Very rarely did I lose any units in a battle. And most of the time if I did, I guess I got lucky and they all retreated safely.

It is an interesting addition that some characters leave after they die on the battlefield. I wonder if Hix or Tengaar would leave it the other were to die in Suikoden II? I don't think Suikoden I had anything like that. But it might be in Suikoden II. Who knows. Its pretty cool when they do things like that. It just adds to the overall awesomeness of the game. Little things like that keep it real and make it superior to others in the series. The group doing Suikoden VI better take a page from Suikoden V's book (or the whole damn thing as far as I'm concerned) and pay attention to these kinds of details.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moon Knight wrote:
Suikoden II, there were only two instances I remember having to reset because of character deaths. One was Gilbert who for some reason couldn't take out a meager Highland infantry unit (even after Tsai fire speared them) and the other is, of course, Ridley. Ridley died in that game more often than he retreated. It was such a pain in the butt, but I used him anyhow, because he wasn't that bad of a unit.

The Suikoden II war battles seem to be based completely on luck. I've seen the refugees from Muse take out Seed or Culgan's unit before which should just not be able to happen. I think they may have damaged Luca, too, one playthrough. It was crazy. One of the refugee units was, like, one space from Muse's border. I was hoping he made it through, 'cause I wanted to see what happened.

Moon Knight wrote:
In Suikoden I, I found character deaths a lot more dominant than in II or V. I can not rememebr which units bit the dust, but I do remember having to reset several times. I have a question, if Luc dies in Suikoden I, and you transfer data from that file to Suikoden II, will Luc still be a SoD? Same with Sheena or Meg. I'm unsure if either of them can die in Suikoden I, but I don't think they're exempt like a few other characters would be.

If you can transfer a save with anyone other than Gremio and Pahn dead (I'm unsure), then I'd assume they're still recruitable. Luc and Sheena are both auto recruits, so the plot would be messed up without them.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also had Luc die in Suikoden 1, i knew i wouldnt get the perfect ending and i never used him so i let it go. =P
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The guy who fought against Teo (Pahn, right?) died in that battle and once I lost that mercenery from Zexen in Suikoden II (something with G, I thing). It was a huge surprise, but after I knew it I could avoid his death.
I never lost a single person in the other Suikoden games, though.

The Fool
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eden wrote:
lost that mercenery from Zexen in Suikoden II (something with G, I thing)

That would be Gilbert, if I'm not mistaken. Did you lose him just after he joined you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: