Suikoden Unique and Irenic Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A Change in Direction
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: A Change in Direction Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The admins of this site along with the nation leaders have been discussing for a few months what we wish to do with the nation system. The concern has been reised that the current system is too combat-heavy, and thus it forces nations to wage war against each other, often leading to bad blood. The current system makes nations unable to exist peacefully, because things become quite boring if a nation isn't involved in battles. In the end, we all came to an agreement that there must be a change to the current system so that there are alternate ways for nations to have fun while not waging wars against each other.

Measures to shift the focus of the nation system will be introduced step-by-step. However, the first change is a declaration that the purpose of the nation system is no longer to conquer the world but instead to survive and have a satisfied citizenry.

Immediate changes that will be introduced from phae 10 are harsher costs for waging war, along with reasons to reconsider waging too many battles.

However, this doesn't mean battles will be ignored. I am working on a way so that more members can be involved in battles, instead of the current system where only a maximum of 9 regiments can be sent by each nation to one battle (I'm looking at phase 11 for this). The aim is to make battles less of a statistical burden for leaders and strategists, while also allowing people who love number-crunching to have fun. I'm developing a flexible system (which also won't hog too much resources).

I'm also updating the War FAQ, which will be renamed "Nation System FAQ." It should be a bit more comprehsnsive and easier to navigate than the current one. This should be done shortly.

Anyhow, phase 9 will end in a few days, and a bunch of new things will be revealed. Hopefully, it won't be too overwhelming, but the change in direction should be a good thing for the site and community.
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HUZZAH!
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This should hopefully prove to be good for everyone. I look forward to seeing this new changes.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm just wondering how this will affect us mercenaries; we are dogs of war after all but I like to hope that the administration has thought of alternate uses for us...
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you'll live... at least for a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

*The forum members roar

What the hell am I saying? let's all be friends and stop the unnecesary bloodshed.

Im anxious to know what things are going to be implemented.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know these aren't question threads (at first), but eventually they get pretty heavy with them, but I have a few of them.

Will nations be able to trade goods between each other?

For example, sake of argument. Falena needs Crystal, Harmonia needs pineapple hats and lots of them. Even though we're fighting, can we still do business?

Are there any new advantages to forming alliances?

I think that's about it, entirely foreign relations. I'm curious to see what these changes are.
Pilika

Uncle Jowy's Army

32500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stoping bloodshed, now thats not nice, ah well...

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sinocard wrote:

We all know that you are disappointed. One such as you should seem loath to see bloodshed's reign shattered. That is just my personal opinion though :P
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trades with other nations would do good in forming relations even if they are not are allies. Although it could also harm them in a trapping point of view where the nation could not get accessed to other regions because of the cut-offs. That's where "making the deal" enters. Nation Tacticians would need to squeezed their intel on this.

But as far as no more or little bloodshed that would be nice. A friend here and there with every other nation would be great.

*cheers* Looking forward to visit the sexy Island Nations as well as the pineapple loving country of Falena. :P

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Humm, Well those Islanders aren't so bad, maybe we could learn to be friends and not foes... HA HA HA that'll happen when Nintendo names their console the Wii! (What? They did what!) *Plugs ears* I'm not listening I'm not listening!

Really, This seems like it'll be fun, can't wait for more info!

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ninjar wrote:
Sinocard wrote:

We all know that you are disappointed. One such as you should seem loath to see bloodshed's reign shattered. That is just my personal opinion though :P

I said unnecesary bloodshed, there is a thing called necessary bloodshed guys... Just read between the lines.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seeing as I'm probably the only person ever to play a wargame (Age of Empires) with the goal of building a satisified community with plentiful resources and a neutral nature, I heartily approve of these changes.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Seeing as I'm probably the only person ever to play a wargame (Age of Empires) with the goal of building a satisified community with plentiful resources and a neutral nature, I heartily approve of these changes.

You're not the only one John, played the game and over all it's fantastic. Hope we could also do those kind of things too. Besides I think we're nearing to that kind of phase.

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

rane, Mr. Layfield didn't want to imply that he thinks he's the only one who ever played Age of Empires, but rather that he is the only one who ever played it without waging war (which is - of course - also false).
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm surprised at how many people are in favor of this change. Of course that may just be their public face. I guess I'm the only one that's going to be disappointed at the loss of the war system, and honestly I don't see the reason for the change. I've never seen anyone from opposing nations be seriously mean to one another because of the war system. Yeah, I'm really failing to see the point in all of this but hey, I really don't have a say now do I?

Oh well. Good bye war system. RIP my friend.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: