Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Can't recruit Bastan!!! HELP PLEASE!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shinobix

Shinobix

13426 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Can't recruit Bastan!!! HELP PLEASE!! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey All,
I've currently got 107 out of the 108 stars, but the last one I'm having a bugger of a time getting is Bastan.
I've travelled high and low, collected all sorts of ?Paintings, and nothing I do seems to be working.
I've been travelling with Lorelei, Zweig, and Babbage in my party to help the percentage rate on dropped treasure, and still nothing...
I've literally spent ten + hours trying to find the proper ?Painting to give to him... But I'm most obviously doing something wrong.

Somebody please HELP ME!!!

Cheers!
Red Dye #5 is not an essential nutrient.
shinobix

Shinobix

13426 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh one more thing... I'm near the end of the game, just got past Stormfist. Is it too late for me to get Bastan now?? This is driving me bonkers!!
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well you couldn't of edited your first post instead of double posting, but here's how you get him.

plain and simple, go to the revolving bride and take some on who has the treasure hunt rank. get about a dozen of ?paintings from the mechincal soldiers and archers. after you got a dozen or so, go to huad and talk to bastan. if a dialouge doesn't show up, leave the building and re-enter it to see if a dialouge comes out. keep on doing this until it comes up. make sure you use the ?painting you get from the revolving bridge since those are the only ones that will work.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually any ? Paintings will work and you don't have to appraise the painting to trigger the scene, you can just talk to him and if it doesn't trigger just cancel out and try again.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Isn't there a different location to find the paintings too? I know I didn't get mine in the revolving bridge, I picked it up somewhere else. I can't remember where that location is though. Does anyone else know?
I believe the strat guide says something about it as well, if you don't find it in your run through the bridge you can get it easier at a later point in the game.
I could be crazy though, perhaps someone has some idea what I'm talking about though.

-My DeviantArt-
shinobix

Shinobix

13426 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks guys, I'll give that a try.
I did try talking to him, and exiting out of the store menu if it popped up, but from the sounds of it, I have to leave the store entirely.

Thanks!
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think it's possible to recruit him after Stormfist.
shinobix

Shinobix

13426 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really????

Awwwww man... That sucks if that's the case!

Oh well, if I can't, I'll just play the game again with the Save Game +

Heh Heh.
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fudozukushi wrote:
I don't think it's possible to recruit him after Stormfist.

i recruited him after stormfist.. i also recruited murad in stormfist and oboro very close to the doraat liberation
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dont listen to these silly people saying you're too late. The revolving bridge is the earliest place to get the panting he desires, however after you take Stormfist if you enter the world map in that region the monsters there also drop the painting. Therefore it is entirely possible to recruit him after Stormfist, were it not for the revolving bridge it would be impossible to recruit him -before- Stormfist.

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm talking about a certain event that happens in Rainwall shortly after you take Stormfist.
shinobix

Shinobix

13426 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay,
So...
I've tried everything you guys have suggested, and still no Bastan... Grrrr.
I've gone to the revolving bridge and maxed out my inventory with ?Paintings, then I went to the area just outside of Stormfist and fought the Wyverns to get some more ?Paintings.
Then I went to Haud, and kept going in and out of the appraisers shop, kept talking to him, but nothing... Just the option to appraise my paintings and that's it.
I spent a good 3 hours doing this and nothing...

Story wise (Potential SPOILER alert),
I just finished the cutscene where you see Sialeeds dealing with the Barrows family, and killing Salum.

Perhaps I have gone too far in the game to recruit anymore characters??
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

not totally sure if you went to far, but i know for a fact after that cut scene once you talk to lucretia to go on with the next war battle then it's to later to recruit i believe. i have no clue what the cut off is for bastan since i usually got him after the revolving bridge stuff. but like what Fudozukushi said, you prolly can't get him after stormfist. good thing new game + usually go a lot faster.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Outside of stormfist is most likely where I got the painting, because I remember I levelled there for a bit. When I got it i just stumbled upon it. You're extremely close to the cutoff point of where all quests end in a no recruit though. Perhaps that's the problem? I'm really not sure. As far as I can tell you're doing everything right...

-My DeviantArt-
shinobix

Shinobix

13426 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... Well, I'm having a bugger of a time getting him. Perhaps I'll just finish the game and try it again with the New Game +

Thanks for all the help guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: