Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

108 stars battle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which set of stars would win?
Suikoden 1
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Suikoden 2
50%
 50%  [ 28 ]
Suikoden 3
21%
 21%  [ 12 ]
Suikoden 4
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Suikoden 5
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 55

Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted Suikoden 3 for a few reasons. While it's fairly obvious that the True Elemental Runes aren't as powerful as some other runes but you have 5 true runes at your disposal in Suikoden 3. In others you have 2, 1 or no True Runes and here you have 5 seperate bearers to cast their spells of mass distruction. And you have Yuber as a star and he's a bit of a Tank among a few other pretty strong characters like Fred, Cecile and Jimba(!). I assume that this means that all of the stars that died in the game are still alive which means Jimba will kick ass with his True Water Rune of your demise. Suikoden 3 is my choice, though honorable mention to Suikoden 1 and 5.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
yoonathan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 2 no doubt about it people. Viktor Flik and also the two strongest fighters ever Killey and Sheena, 3 rune slots and can equip runes on there weapons. think about that.

The Cunningham Cavalry

-2334 Potch
600 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pesmerga, Georg , Mazus enough said. Suikoden 2 will kick butts.
Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I opted for the first Suikoden because it had really strong rune bearers (Crowley, Luc, the Hero, etc.), and most importantly I think it had the best fighters in the Five Generals. The Soul Eater is a ridiculously powerful Rune as well.

I just think it had the best fighters and a great amount of magic users.

Plus Flik and Viktor and the Star Dragon Sword. I know they were in the second one as well, but you originally said if they were in more than one...they killed themselves off or something? :D

Therefore they would only be in the first one.

So yes, I go with the first Suikoden.

Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted 2.

Considering the factor that Georg would literally murder about 95% percent of the Suiko3 lineup (the 5% being Geddoe, Hugo, Chris, Luc, Sasarai and Yuber), the other Stars could gang up on the 6 and slit their throats.

Suiko4 would be more shameful - I'd think that only Kika, Ted and Lazlo would survive.

Suiko1 would be a tough matchup 0 they'd have to deal with 2/3 of The Great Generals. Suiko2 would still prevail them, because it may be possible that Milich Oppenheimer would have pity on Tuta, preventing himself from killing the boy at all, and gets smacked on the head by Nina from behind. Georg would also poke Krin and he'd fall into Juppo. And they both die.

So therefore, Suikoden 2's Stars wins.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say that Suikoden 5 set of stars would win only due to the strengths physically and mentally (Magic). First off you got strong attackers such as Richard, Georg, Kyle, Belcoot, Cathari and many others. They also have strong magic users such as Levi, Killey, Jeane, Zerase and Viki just to name a few who can all do serious damage in a short amount of time if combined together which can destroy other sets of Suikoden stars of destiny. As far as Suikoden 4's set of stars, they don't stand a chance.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Beck

Mongolian Chop Squad

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want to pick Suikoden III but seeing Suikoden I 108 stars I believe they will win due to the Generals and some of the soldiers from the Seven year war of succession will mostly dominate because of their experience, They also have two of the well-known stragetists in Suikoden Mathiu and Leon.

IN AMERICA!
Lord Rengo

The Magus' Army

33445 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden III definately. They have a lot of powerful True Runes.

True Fire Rune (Hugo)
True Lightning Rune (Geddoe)
True Water Rune (either Wyatt/Jimba or Chris... or both)
True Earth Rune (Sasarai)
True Wind Rune (Luc)
Eightfold Rune (Yuber)
Night Rune (Star Dragon Sword -- Edge)

Also they have quite a few other powerful characters:

Sarah -- amazing sorceress, can summon an army of monsters and can do a lot more (the monsters could put up a decent fight against the combined armies of Zexen, Grassland and some Harmonian troops).
Estella -- powerful magician
Jeane -- powerful rune mistress (although she cancels out due to being in every other game anyway)

Now, if you want to include armies in this battle, Suikoden III wins in an even more of a blowout. They have the support of Zexen troops, Grassland troops (which include powerful lizards and ducks, as well as humans), Harmonia troops, and Sarah's summons. Against this, I doubt any single country could stant up to this. Toran Republic? Nope. Dunan? Nope. Island Nations? Ha. Falena? Without the Sun Rune, no way. Even with it, they'd probably kill themselves in the process.

If you don't want armies involved in this battle, Suikoden III stars still win. One of the main reasons is the fact that they have so many True Runes. The second reason is probably the better reason. Even the villains are Stars of Destinies. Those 4 put up a decent fight against the other 104 stars. Now, if 4 are a little less than 104 others, that's something. The fact that the villains were Stars of Destinies alone makes this group extremely overpowered.

So, yeah. I think Suikoden III would win this easily.

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the set of 108 in suikoden II would win. I mean come on they were able to take down Luca Blight and that aint easy. plus you got the shield rune and Georg prime who is just kickass

Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luca Blight is physically the strongest human alive.... I must concur with philosopher, Suikoden II consisted of a VERY diverse group of people and of all the suikodens I believe each star in II had more backstory than stars in other suikodens.

Undaunted Men in Blue

272868 Potch
0 Soldiers
658194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for Suikoden III because I've had the most luck with those SoDs. IMO, they had less useless characters than the other games and they were pretty well-rounded in regards to mages vs. tanks.
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for Suikoden 3 because of all that sheer raw True Rune power. Besides, you can get really good armor and equp your characters with tons of advanced runes.

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to have to say Suikoden 5...off the top of my head alot of the characters in 5 are really well suited/skilled for battle and I can't think of that many characters that are on the other side of the spectrum (leaving out the support characters here of course). I mean think about it....Diin, Hazuki, Belcoot, Richard, Kyle, Cathari, Rathal, Shoon, They're all pretty above average fighters I think...

Suikoden 3 would probably be second in my opinion...They've got the backings of not only Zexen knights but fighters from the Grassland tribes, and don't forget Geddoe's and Duke's troupes....however Thomas' original group and the group of kids (Melville etc) sort of bring this group of SODs overall power down =/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
blight2345432

Magicians of Gregminster

6795 Potch
66 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me it's Suikoden 2 first off as said before they killed Luca Blight. that alone gives them all the props i have. second the have shu who defeated an army nearly twice the size of the city state's army making him the most effective general by the numbers in all of the suikoden games. also if put up against mathiu and leon he had no kaleka incident. in addition he is willing to sacrifice himself in the end to achieve his goals. then theres kiba he could just wall up against any unit from any suikoden and pretty much win especially if you give him humphry and yam koo as well. maybe it's tai ho well his over all defense is amazing. and if any of you have ever seen the forever sign spell in action you know how deadly it is that;s the other teams hero right there that alone would kill one character and heal all the other's and then there's Mazus and Oulan both awesome. so it's suikoden 2 in my book
Harmony

Hugging Hippies

82515 Potch
0 Soldiers
93935 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My vote goes to Suikoden 3. In 3 there's the 5 Elemental Runes, the Night Rune, and the Eightfold Rune. That's more than in any other game. And, since true runes are pretty much like gods of the Suikoverse, I think we've found our winner. Not to mention the master mind strategist Albert Silverberg, who orchestrated an entire war.

Don't forget the huge range of mages and knights too. Sarah nearly matches true rune power, she could easily match Zerase for those of you pulling for Suikoden 5 ;) Mua, Hallec, the 6 Zexen Knights, 2 Maximillian Knights. These are some elite forces here people! Not to mention Duck and Lizard warriors.

Suikoden 3 wins hands down, no contest :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: