Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Finished
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dragonstar13 wrote:
Quote:
Q>what is the best epic skill for melee attackers and rune mages.. can u also tell what skill affects the continious attacks of the characters?

Melee, True Men attack. The downside to it is your party will have -20 PDF. So it is recommended to have them with the best armor.
Rune mages, depends. There are some where they up the rear in terms of magic. Read what the epic actually says, and decide to choose which one you want. Sorcerery epic, you can use chain magic as the formation attack. So make sure the back person has a really good rune.

Eh... He (or she) is asking about epic skills. What you mentioned are formation skills. Anyway, for rune mages, it's obvious that Magic and Sacred Oath are the best. I would choose only Magic for the ones with only one skill slot. Also, if Sacred Oath has lower ranking than Divine Right, I would choose Divine Right. I'm more about magic boosts more than anything when it comes to magicians. For the Prince, it's Royal Paradise/Untold Clarity. For other melee fighters, the obvious: Untold Clarity and Triple Harmony. Zegai and Georg should definitely have Untold Clarity. It's the best epic skill they can get and both get an SS on it. That's pretty much the gist of it.

Anyway, on topic... eleven endings? That's quite a lot. I'm near the end of the game, and I'm not really sure if I've been nice enough to Lymsleia, but we shall see....
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah yes, I misread it.

You can tell if you were nice to Lym, if she comes into your room in Lunas, and ask to sleep with you. Well to sleep together with the hero.

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahaha!!! Nice clarification on the wording that.

I didn't get that scene at Lunas, but I think that's just a reassurance that you will definitely get the option between the two best endings. I'm sure that I could still get the ending with Lym despite not getting that scene, but I hope that I do, indeed, get that.

I'm wasting my time trying to farm for skill points, but I suppose that's enough of that. I'll go ahead and finish the damn game already. :x
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol, although I find that scene extremely cute, I can't really word it well.

Well if you do managed to do so, please tell me how you got the option. My second try, I was mean to Lym, so I didn't get the scene. It really surprised me, but wasn't sure if it was important.

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I'm done with the game, and yes, I did get the option, even though I didn't get the bed scene (wrong choice of words???) at Lunas. I wasn't nice to Lymsleia all the time, like when she asked if I would be jealous, I said "Not really..." and when Sialeeds was teasing her, I said "You started it, Lym", and all that, but I suppose I was nice enough to garner that endings.

Anyway, all I have to say is... "OH MY GOD THE LYM ENDING IS BORING!!!"

But that's for another topic.

Edited to fix grammar. God, I suck at prepositions.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think there's one or two choices at the Sun Palace after Lunas that can get you the final Lym points you need. I'll check in my fourth game.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

7 Weeks and 2 days after release(51 days non-stop days later) I finally finished the game for the first time! The slowest finish ever award goes to me!

I was all about to cry when I got to the ending and then I remembered that the reason I spent all this time, screwed myself out of many plot twists, and backtracked at least a dozen hours was because I was trying to get the "good ending".

I'm guessing that one lovely person who came close to dying would have died if I didn't have all 108 stars? boy I would have cried my eyes out if that happened... but on the other hand, I screwed myself out of at least one fun 2nd playthrough and kind of eliminated what would have been a very memorable emotional moment. Now I still feel sad from the flashback of those that passed on(not for the people associated with the godwins, I'd like to slap all of them to get the smiles off their faces, STOP smiling! you idiots all deserved to die!), but can't even cry to let that sadness out... oh well, it's back to working on finishing IV for the first time and replaying tactics with the game clear file for me.

I have a hard time remembering what it was like going to bed before I started to play V, for almost 2 month I showered and sat down with full of excitement to play this game, and now it's over... I guess I'll be trying to go to sleep before 9 am now there is nothing to keep me up anymore.

Sorry to sound like a looser but thanks to everyone who has been around here to help answer my questions and anyone else's questions when playing V. The game maybe lacking in certain aspects to me, but this overall experience have been as great as any game I played before, Thanks to everyone.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jjrrs wrote:
I'm guessing that one lovely person who came close to dying would have died if I didn't have all 108 stars? boy I would have cried my eyes out if that happened... but on the other hand, I screwed myself out of at least one fun 2nd playthrough and kind of eliminated what would have been a very memorable emotional moment.

It's definitely worth seeing at least once. It's a tragic yet powerful moment, and even though I was disappointed at not getting all 108 the first time, I'm glad I saw this scene.

Quote:
Now I still feel sad from the flashback of those that passed on(not for the people associated with the godwins, I'd like to slap all of them to get the smiles off their faces, STOP smiling! you idiots all deserved to die!),

Actually, I liked seeing everyone (even Gizel, and I HATE that guy!) in the 'afterlife,' or whatever it was. It was a place where no one was bound by resentment or fear or greed or blind dedication. Nobody was fighting to seize or maintain any kind of power; they were all just getting along. I thought that was awesome. And the prince got to reunite with his family for just a moment.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only got both 108 soD endings. My first ending was that of Georg traveling with Lyon and Prince, and my second playthrough (just finished it last night) was for Lym.

Oh, and if you collected 60 stars, why does the Prince stay at the Mountains? Couldn't he have just gone down from there and continue on with his life??

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Oh, and if you collected 60 stars, why does the Prince stay at the Mountains? Couldn't he have just gone down from there and continue on with his life??

i haven't seen it but it's prolly cause he is to ashamed to go back down, since lyon dies in it...does she?

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

can someone tell me why Lyon was close to dying? at first I thought it was a nethergate thing but the Oboro agency members are fine, did the poison kick back in or the twilight rune got destroyed or something? speaking of that, did M.godwin morph together with the sun rune? where did he go?
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jjrrs wrote:
can someone tell me why Lyon was close to dying? at first I thought it was a nethergate thing but the Oboro agency members are fine, did the poison kick back in or the twilight rune got destroyed or something? speaking of that, did M.godwin morph together with the sun rune? where did he go?

**small spoilers, but I guess that's what a lot of the thread is anyway**

Ya know, I personally thought she took a hit for the prince again in the confrontation with Dolph, so I was kinda surprised when she went on as if nothing had happened. I still am not sure if that's why the thing with Lyon happened, but that was my guess.

As for Godwin, I'm not sure. I kinda like to think that he pretty much sacrificed his being to the Sun Rune in order to really test the Prince, but I'm not sure what the official stance on that is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: