Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Finished
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vincent Vingerhut

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Finished Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have Suikoden V for a week now and finished it yesterday. The game was great in many aspects, but somehow it greatly reminded me of SII. Many elements and turning points in the story of SII are incorperated in the SV with a little twist. Still I enjoyed it very much and I am actually looking forward for the new Suikodens (on PS3) to take place in the southern continent, involving Nagarea, Zelant, Ames and Nether Gate fraction leaders.

Finally I want to ask which characters can be recruited even when reaching the final dungeon.

Spoilers.........

As I understand there are 2 endings with the 108 stars collectd. But how many endings are their if you havent collected the 108 stars. also I had read in some places about Lyon dying, but she survived both the attack during the Queen's campaign and after the final battle. Is it possible for Lyon to die?
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BEGIN ENDING SPOILERS Yes if you get less then 108 Stars then Lyon will die. If you get less then 60 the Prince wanders around the Ashtwal mountains aimlessly and everyone gets heartbroken. If you get 61-107 Stars then he leaves with Georg taking Lyon's Kodachi(?) as a memento. If you get all 108 and were nice to Lym at the beginning of the game then you can get a choice of staying with Lym to help rebuild, or going on a journey with Georg. If you were mean you automatically take off with Georg, and everyone waves goodbye to Georg, the Prince and Lyon while they head of on the boat. If you stay behind then you get to see the Prince's fourth outfit, along with Lyon's third outfit. End Ending Spoilers

There are a total of 11 endings, 4 after the final boss and 7 early endings which are all really bad.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Lyon's Kodachi(?)

i'm guessing that would be her weapons name.

here's a thread on suikosource.com that shows all the endings it has in the game and how you can get them.

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6054

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow 11 endings? i got the one with a dead lyon and a prince wandering the frozen moutains.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As sick as it makes me sound, I kinda almost want to see the non 108 star ending. It just sounds really emotional...and well..good. But terribly sad too. Just..not as sad as the less than 60 star ending.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well some of the 7 early/bad endings really aren't endings but people count them as such. Only the first bad ending is in-depth the rest are just a box or three of dialouge then a Game Over screen.
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to disagree about the non-108 star ending. In my opinion, it's pretty cheesy. Lyon's death, that is. There's one powerful scene with the prince that I thought was very well done, but the rest of it is pretty bleh.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I'll just read about the bad scenes, I feel too bad if I go and let someone die. No death I say, no death! Must keep Roy and Lyon alive!

-My DeviantArt-
Random

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had to push myself to agree with Salum. Literally! It was so repugnant to me to choose to do what he offered...
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It came naturally to me. ;)

Getting a game over made me upset. So upset that I didn't want to stay with Lym at the end.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I too get the dead Lyon ending
and the tenkai goes with Georg on a journey..
even without completing the 108 stars
is it possible to be asked to stay with Lym?
because i've been nice to her but i havent been asked
to stay with her..

Q>what is the best epic skill for melee attackers and rune mages.. can u also tell what skill affects the continious attacks of the characters?
patrick_r0que

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i tried to finish without equipping the sun set..
but its not carried onto the new game+..
has anyone been able to carry it pver to the new game+?
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It does not carry over.

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got the bad ending where Lyon dies and the prince goes on a journey with Georg. I have to say the scene where Lyon dies and SPOILER(maybe?)-------------------------------------and then he gets the Twilight Rune from her, and he holds them both up in front of Georg while tears fall down his face was pretty emotional. In fact that single scene is probably one of my favorites in the game.------------------------------END POSSIBLE SPOILERS
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

patrick_r0que wrote:

because i've been nice to her but i havent been asked
to stay with her..

I did the same, but it doesn't matter. You don't get the choice. I did the same thing the first time I played. You need all 108 stars and be nice to Lym to get the choice.

Quote:
Q>what is the best epic skill for melee attackers and rune mages.. can u also tell what skill affects the continious attacks of the characters?

Melee, True Men attack. The downside to it is your party will have -20 PDF. So it is recommended to have them with the best armor.
Rune mages, depends. There are some where they up the rear in terms of magic. Read what the epic actually says, and decide to choose which one you want. Sorcerery epic, you can use chain magic as the formation attack. So make sure the back person has a really good rune.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: