Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Newspaper
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Suikox Newspaper, Good Idea?
Yes, I would read every issue
42%
 42%  [ 17 ]
No, I would not be interested in that
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Yes, and I'd love to help out!
47%
 47%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 40

Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have not yet read all the post, how about Suikoden character of the month or such where a person writing deeply about a character like Sars did with Leon Silverberg.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the idea. I feel that it should be more suikoden-ish, and have editorials on the Suikoden suikox world, like headlines about certain members, or ads for Harmonian Soda maybe?
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great idea. If I can contrbiute with anything, I'll try to, but I don't really have any ideas at the moment.
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shrew : GREAT IDEA!

I can offer some hosting without a problem, I've got webspace and bandwidth. I can easily set up an ftp account. Maybe I'll be evil and charge the hosting in potch (I don't know, like one potch per kilobyte per month lol, that won't get very expensive.)
Juste a note that Openoffice.org (www.openoffice.org), a free and open source office suite, has a free PDF exporter in its text processing software, so .. A legal way to get PDFs made at no charge.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you need more writers, I think I can help out as well. I'll pretty much write about anything that is deemed interesting. You have to have fun when you write.

You have my resume over in the Battlefield and Eike's library threads. :D

Lord's Minions

4417 Potch
721 Soldiers
20000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think its a great Idea and I would like to help. I am not a grammar major or anything, but I also don't plan on writing anything real big. I would just like to offer game reviews. We could look at this newspaper as not just a newspaper about Suikox, but a newspaper for the community here at Suikox. I use to give game reviews monthly at a board, but that board no longer exist. I guess I should PM you RED. :)

General of the Godwin Army
United States Navy ATF-HT
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As I was preparing an article for the paper (hopefully out this weekend if things go well) I realized I was missing a crucial peice for the completion of this paper. A name! So if anyone has any creative ideas other than the bland "Suikox Times" or "Suikox Sun" by all means send it to me because I'm just not THAT creative to make a witty name for the paper.

Just so people know what is going on I've contacted severasl people for their contributions. Hopefully the stasff list will continue to grow as I need articles.

RedCydranth - War Reporter/Editor/Etc
Kalidor - War Reporter
Pierrot Le Fou - Random Stuff
Parallax - Random Stuff
Open Spot - Advertisements
Vader - Game Reviews
Open Spot - Imaging

Thats basically what I'd like filled for now. I know PLENTY of you have stepped forwards asking to help and I'll contact you as I get around to it. I'd like someone with a great hand at Photoshop or Paintshop Pro or whatever to make some spiffy graphics for me, as I can't really do that stuff myself. Also, I'm trying to really keep this multi-national so that the potch can be dispursed to the nations equally for their efforts. I don't want 4 people from Kooluk and none from the Islands if I can help it. Of course if all the willing help is in one nation, then there's nothing I can do. But at this point I want this to be spanned between nations for equality.

As for the advertisement spot, I'd like to either have an ad for a popular suikoden site (I asked John L. if he'd like a plug but I got no reply) or fake advertisements for Suikoden items or shops. The idea said earlier, Harmonian Soda, was just the type of thing I was thinking. Of course this also might require a bit of graphical design.

Shrew and Trevoke, as of right now we'll see how it turns out in this format. If its absolutely horrid, I'll go further into the possibility of the .pdf format, but that would require everyone's efforts to be voluntary and no potch reinbursement as it would be difficult to pay from posting the .pdf formatted image. If everyone on stafff is okay with this I will have no problem putting it in that format in the future.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Peh, can't say I'm not dissapointed, but can't say I'm surprised either. Still you can bet that if a golden idea pops into my head, I'll be contacting one of you. It's just a thing I do, I can't help it! >.<;;

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:
As for the advertisement spot, I'd like to either have an ad for a popular suikoden site (I asked John L. if he'd like a plug but I got no reply) or fake advertisements for Suikoden items or shops. The idea said earlier, Harmonian Soda, was just the type of thing I was thinking. Of course this also might require a bit of graphical design.

Try Axi o's.....The wholesome new cereal from Nestle

I wouldn't feed them to my kids, but you can feed them to yours.

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's wrong with Axi o's?! They're wholesome bloody, nutritious gory and healty gut-filled. It's endorsed by Ley. Ley! Come on people, you can't buy that kind of advertisment.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You might be able to. I'm seeing an awful lot of Potch in that column over there, fluffy. Not that I think you'd bribe a member of the board or anything, I'm sure you've got considerably more moral fiber than that.

On a completely different note:

Quote:
I wouldn't feed them to my kids, but you can feed them to yours.

This is about the funniest thing I've read in a week. I'm not sure why, but I couldn't stop laughing for a good twenty...thirty seconds after I read this. Thank you very much for saving my otherwise terrible day from ruin.

On a more on-topic note:

I'm glad I looked at this thread, and discovered that we want the paper to be out this weekend. That means that I had better get my rear in gear and do some...journalism? Not that I haven't been working hard already, really, but you know...I'll be making my exit now.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
dark-knight

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

w00t a newspaper for the forums! i wanna join in on the contributing some articles (specifically that random stuff category) too but maybe not on a regular basis because i really cant force myself into writing articles that have deadlines (im more of a "pop! idea appears then i write" type of guy) if this is possible, then maybe i can add some articles to your paper some time.

one reminder to red: you forgot on your staff list the person who will proof read the submitted articles. i dont think the editor alone can manage that. just a reminder. :D
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it would be great to have some guest-writers some time. That way we can have many different views and stuff from many different people.

The latest edition is almost done and looks rather nice actually. :D
But you'll all just have to wait to see it.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Signing on late, but I'll be willing to help with anything writing-wise. :D

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All members of the newspaper help proof-read things, not just Red.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: