Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Newspaper
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Suikox Newspaper, Good Idea?
Yes, I would read every issue
42%
 42%  [ 17 ]
No, I would not be interested in that
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Yes, and I'd love to help out!
47%
 47%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 40

RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Newspaper Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I proposed the idea of a Newspaper in the Site Content Forum and Sars gave it a Thumbs Up. So, I will throw the idea down here to see how many people like this idea.

Suikoden III introduced the Newspaper and since then it has become a staple in the series that many players look forward to. I think this would be an interesting idea for a group of devoted individuals from various nations to come together and author articles about various subjects.

Exactly what subjects? Well of course the Suikox War would be a headlining story. Also we could have a real life news section covering hot topics going on in real life. Editorials could be placed into the paper covering funny theories about Suikoden. Also there could be a "Comment Box" for anonymous comments to be published.

Of course this is not a one man mission. Not even I, the King of verbosity, could handle this on my own. So, if you like the idea and would like to participate in the creation of this, post here saying so. If there's overwhelming response for help, I'll have decisions to make at that point. I would love to have everyone participate, but I'm going to need reliability.

Anyhow, if you want to help, post here saying you want to help and what portion of the paper you want to help with. Also if you have an idea not already thought of by me (it is definitely fathomable) state it and we'll squeeze it in. If you think its a bad idea, post why. If you like it but dont have the time to help post that too. I want all opinions!

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Tobias Amherst

Tuxteth O'Grady, USA

1584 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trivia or Reviews. Those are the only two things I could aid in newspaper editing. Mostly because I've had somewhat weird experience with those two.

But I like the idea of a newspaper.
Kalidor

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth, I would delight in helping you out with your newspaper idea! You may be the king of verbosity in the Nameless Lands, but in Grassland I am the holder of that lofty position (though Camus the Noble seems to be making a push at my throne lately :p) and I think if we put our kingly prowess together, we shall create a newspaper that is truly grand!

My main area of interest is the Suikox World War. I think that this could make a lovely addition especially since we are without battle reports; having a differnent way to cover the battles would make things very interested. If you are intrigued by my offer of helping, then please, PM me any details that you have available at present. There are a few things that I would like to know, in particular, how often the publishing will be, and what ideas for columns you have in mind besides the war. My main interest is the war, but if there is something else that is interesting I might take a look at that too. Also, if you wish a sample of my writing, I have a pile of fiction that I've written for my Suikox character over at the Grassland forum. I could select a choice bit for you if you liked.

Great idea over all, looking forward to hearing more about it.

I am, however, somewhat disturbed by your signature. Though the Sabres are doing well against the Flyers, I must say they are not my choice for the Stanley Cup. They should feel free to eliminate the Flyers, but in the end, they will fall to either Montreal or Ottawa, as all the eastern conference teams will.
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I might be interested in joining. Maybe in the chapter-per-chapter story...
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, nice idea Red! I might be able to contribute too if you need more help.

I could handle the Horoscopes heh heh...

No? I'll help manage the Comment Box then.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if you need some help, i'll help ya out. how bout a section on member's thoughts on certain stuff. like i can pm people asking them the same weird/non weird question and the best one's can go on it.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a somewhat verbose fellow myself...I'm not sure how strange it would be to be helping out with a global newspaper type project as one of the Nation Leaders, but if you think it'd be alright, and you think you can use me (I suspect that I'd be useful in writing battle reports or something like that, if that's interesting to anybody else), you've got my talents on-board. Everyone here is probably at least vaguely interested in the Suikox war that's going on in the background of the actual posting portions of the board. As Kalidor already said, we are without battle reports at the moment, leaving us with only hard number descriptions of the various wars that are going on all the time around here. It'd be nice to have some fleshing out, some detail, blah blah.

Also, there are probably a few other noteworthy stories that exist around here. UberYuber reaching the 1,000,000 word mark, for example, would have been something that would have gone into the newspaper. I suppose me being made leader of the Scarlet Moon Empire might have been newsworthy as well, although I'm not really sure. Considering how few people seemed to actually know I was the new leader of the Scarlet Moon Empire, it probably would have been worth posting something like that just to raise awareness about who people need to talk to now about...Scarlet Moonish...things...

Back to the newspaper itself though! I think it's a terrific idea, even though I've never actually been all that much of a fan of the newspapers in the Suikoden games...I liked the one in III pretty well, as I recall, but didn't pay much attention in IV, and old habits died hard in V. I think I glanced through it a couple of times, but then again, I felt so connected to most of the events in the actual games anyway, there wasn't much need for it to be re-covered in print form...just another way of adding bits of side-story to the game, rather like the investigations. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course...but I usually can't be bothered to run all the investigations either...I cheat, and read an FAQ....

Here, though, with so many members and posts going on, and so much stuff happening, having a newspaper which contains...well, news would be quite the handy thing to have. Uh...PM me, if it's alright for me to help out.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would love to throw in my two cents, and even write an article or two from a more conservative viewpoint to add in some parallel to the usual political raving, and ranting that would go on otherwise. In fact here is an idea for the newspaper, make a political argument section to the newspaper, where say two people of clearly opposing viewpoints get together and argue over some issue. This could be anything from real life based, or suikoden based, or even random gibberish topic for laughs with each side choosing one. Clearly there is enough interest around to warrant a debate, or political slobber knocking on the forum, to warrant a section like this dont you think so? Sure I would be interested in taking one of those two spots, however I would understand if people decided against it, as it might cause some animosity.... wait were all cool so it wouldnt.

Or I could just write some sort of bi-issue article about something or other at the suggestion of some of the members. If it helps my application, my cousin does work in a newspaper(ok he's there as an ad, and graphics man but he still works there doesnt he? :P.) Anyways yeah, I think this is a great idea and whether I participate in it's application or not, I will be reading it all the time.

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

May I just say that from my own personal experience, it is never a decent high quality newpaper unless you have random people complaining about how much certain things annoy them. Oh, and a funny cartoon based on an important event surrounding the world. Oh, and puzzles, such as Sudoku, and crosswords.

Yes, I think we should have a Sudoku in every issue, because it shares the same first two letters as Suikox and Suikoden.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm all for helping with this if my help is necessary, though I'd prefer if the newspaper isn't exactly text heavy on the boards as it'll deter some members from reading them altogether and, if written properly, would be a great oppurtunity to introduce new members to the war aspect here and get them involved.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to write eh, news flashes, and even member interviews back in Jowston, but eh, now I don't have the time for that, but good idea Red, I can't wait to see how this will develop...
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since I've been writing an ongoing newspaper in Tinto over the past several months I could probably find some way to help you out Red. The war remains my major interest here on the site and I like to think I'm reasonably well informed on it.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted 'yes, i would read every issue' I wanted to vote to help out, but time constrants would get in the way:(

So is it going to give war updates? And random comments from random members with a littl bit of gossip mixed in?
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A good newspaper needs graphic material doesn't it? I could help out in this area. You know make some snapshots and manipulate them in any way we want. Or make some funny adverts or whatever.
I don't know how succesful this would be but it can't hurt to try does it?

This is a good idea by the way.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
I'd prefer if the newspaper isn't exactly text heavy on the boards as it'll deter some members from reading them altogether

Has society really gotten so bad that they balk at actually reading a newspaper? It boggles the mind especially when the board is already text-based.

I also think the newspaper is a good idea and, time willing, I'd read it regardless of how text heavy it is, provided it was well written (which means proofread and spell checked) and not just a bunch of illegible sentences strewn together.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: