Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

If there was a Suikoden Online?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: If there was a Suikoden Online? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

IF there was a suikoden MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online RPG) made... what would you like to see in it? Do you think it would succeed? And would you play it?

I think it would definately beat out FFXI, and would drop that game in a second to play this. There certainly are enough races to pick from, and enough of a world to house enough players.

You probably would pick your weapon as part of your starting options, along with race and maybe job/class and nation, and be able to sharpen it to beyond just level 16.

Runes would probably be able to be bought or found, just like in the normal games. The True Runes are what would be interesting to see. Maybe the NPCs that had them in the games would have them, or maybe there would be major events once every half-year or so to obtain one. This also brings up the option of Player Killing... if you killed your opponent you could use a rare item to steal their runes from them. You could end up with a regular Hikusaak!

As for the strategy potrion of the game, there would be national border disputes that each player would be able to take part in. Actually, pretty much the same way as this site, except with all your player's stats mixed in. Ehh, this part is kinda hard to describe if you've never played an MMO before. Basically the POV wouldn't change from the normal battle system, its just that your forces would be more organized in a large scale PvP battle.

That's as much as I can think of, is there anything you want to add to this?

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if they were to make it, one feature i would like to see. that is being able to customize your character to the way you want it. if it were to happen the true runes would be a issue since well how would you get it, can you actually die if you have one, you know just stuff like that. the whole player killing thing i think would be against the rules like in .hack. but it would prolly be possible but having a rare item to steal their rune i highly doubt they would have some thing like that.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
if they were to make it, one feature i would like to see. that is being able to customize your character to the way you want it. if it were to happen the true runes would be a issue since well how would you get it, can you actually die if you have one, you know just stuff like that. the whole player killing thing i think would be against the rules like in .hack. but it would prolly be possible but having a rare item to steal their rune i highly doubt they would have some thing like that.

Hmm... have you ever played a real MMO before? The kinds of things you mentioned are common in MMOs. PKing is present in some games, absent in others. You can usually decide if you want to PK or be PK'd. And you always can die in MMOs, you just get revived somewhere. If people with True Runes couldn't be KILLED, then there would be no point to playing the games - you could never lose.

Aethir Front

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If there was a Suikoden Online... I guess I'd like to see a WoW-like territory setup kinda' thing, with the same PVP/PKing setup.
I'm not sure you'd be able to experience the story at the same level as Suikoden just as an RPG, though.

I guess, if it came out, a Suikoden Online would be like other MMOs out atm, except with (hopefully!) a better story and a different magic system. If one did come out, I'd be pretty skeptical about it... but I'd try it anyway.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Buff wrote:

Hmm... have you ever played a real MMO before? The kinds of things you mentioned are common in MMOs. PKing is present in some games, absent in others. You can usually decide if you want to PK or be PK'd. And you always can die in MMOs, you just get revived somewhere. If people with True Runes couldn't be KILLED, then there would be no point to playing the games - you could never lose.

no i haven't really played a real mmo yet since i haven't found a good one.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lufia wrote:
If there was a Suikoden Online... I guess I'd like to see a WoW-like territory setup kinda' thing, with the same PVP/PKing setup.
I'm not sure you'd be able to experience the story at the same level as Suikoden just as an RPG, though.

I guess, if it came out, a Suikoden Online would be like other MMOs out atm, except with (hopefully!) a better story and a different magic system. If one did come out, I'd be pretty skeptical about it... but I'd try it anyway.

You, good sir, have yet to play FFXI. It easily beats out anything else Square-Enix has done in terms of storyline, and story is FF's strong point. And its an online game. The only problem with it is that they drag out the amount of time it takes to level so you play longer, and sometimes you forget what happened in the story last by the time you get to the next stage.

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is this topic inspired by my topic over on Their Star?

Probably not. Great minds think alike. :P

If Suikoden ever got an MMORPG, it'll probably be the only MMORPG I'd get. Hehe. We'd see loads of familiar Suikox faces on it, surely.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Never even been there. >.>;;

The Crimson Flames of Highland

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It may not be "Suikoden Online" but their is a free MMO based on the Water Margin, called Water Margin Online...
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: If there was a Suikoden Online? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
IF there was a suikoden MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online RPG) made... what would you like to see in it? Do you think it would succeed? And would you play it?

I think it would definately beat out FFXI, and would drop that game in a second to play this. There certainly are enough races to pick from, and enough of a world to house enough players.

You probably would pick your weapon as part of your starting options, along with race and maybe job/class and nation, and be able to sharpen it to beyond just level 16.

Runes would probably be able to be bought or found, just like in the normal games. The True Runes are what would be interesting to see. Maybe the NPCs that had them in the games would have them, or maybe there would be major events once every half-year or so to obtain one. This also brings up the option of Player Killing... if you killed your opponent you could use a rare item to steal their runes from them. You could end up with a regular Hikusaak!

As for the strategy potrion of the game, there would be national border disputes that each player would be able to take part in. Actually, pretty much the same way as this site, except with all your player's stats mixed in. Ehh, this part is kinda hard to describe if you've never played an MMO before. Basically the POV wouldn't change from the normal battle system, its just that your forces would be more organized in a large scale PvP battle.

That's as much as I can think of, is there anything you want to add to this?

Itd be far too hard to manage all the aspects which could be entailed, plus the concept of certain players having true runes would effectivly make their characters like gods (i for one would run in the opposite direction of the true lightning bearer for sheer damage output) though i suppose it could work, as could most rpgs since all you could do is just add it online and create a more human element to a prexisting basis.

I wouldnt say characters should pick their weapons however, i would say a proficiency class be used (ie an elf character could deal more damage with a bow and arrow then a dwarf due to the stereotypicial elf proficiency with such weapons) with characters only choosing race, gender, orientation (ie chaotic) and base stat tweaking. Judging on races and such youd be 'born' in a different location then other characters (like humans disttributed evenly across the nations, kobolds prodomantly in Dunan and Toran and the like)

True runes...id prolly be leaning towardsa rumour mill type thing, where everyone can then run to a nation or area to search for them with only the 'unique' runes being npc related (like blue moon, dragon, gate rune and the like). So for instance thered be a world wide quest in grassland to find the true fire rune based on rumours released by staff when it could very well be in Dunan for all anyone actually knows. Thatd be more interesting then just making all true runes unobtainable.

Id like to see a tech progression to. The history of nations is well documented if sparce with actual details, so there a sections in time when nations could progress or regress in tech (ie cities could only have shacks until they progress to a certain 'time period' where they could use stone) of course things would have benefits as well as downfalls making nations actually part of the gaming as well. (its far more fun to make nations volatile and run by gamers then stagnant and run by admins and such)

Strategy battles could either contain npc troops of said nations with players as generals, or just a pretty much mad rush at certain points. Either would work it really justdepends on what people would enjoy doing more :P

It could work though itd prolly be difficult to put in place.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not a fan of MMORPG's so that maybe clouding my view on this but I'd hate the idea. Flat out hate it.

For one thing, it would be nearly impossible to recruit an army, generals, stars of destiny and all that gumpf if it was an MMORPG - the most one could hope for was to be a competent general in a pre-existing force or a solitary adventurer/mercenary.

That would supremely suck for one thing.

I appreciate that participating in a large scale war in a Suikoden MMORPG would be rather cool but I would still prefer my non-online Suikoden games for that.

I think on something like this people would not band together so much as they do in Suikoden but would instead strengthen themselves and go out battling monsters, getting potch and using rune magic to make themselves stronger.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
I'm not a fan of MMORPG's so that maybe clouding my view on this but I'd hate the idea. Flat out hate it.

For one thing, it would be nearly impossible to recruit an army, generals, stars of destiny and all that gumpf if it was an MMORPG - the most one could hope for was to be a competent general in a pre-existing force or a solitary adventurer/mercenary.

I appreciate that participating in a large scale war in a Suikoden MMORPG would be rather cool but I would still prefer my non-online Suikoden games for that.

I think on something like this people would not band together so much as they do in Suikoden but would instead strengthen themselves and go out battling monsters, getting potch and using rune magic to make themselves stronger.

think about the possibilities though, you cant help but at leats be intrigued at how it might turn out. I mean wouldnt you enjoy leading a regiment of say Toran against Dunan simply because Toran wanted to and then switch sides and become the eventual ruling party in Toran? Itd be just like a revolution only the people dont stay dead and they then come back to say sup g :P
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:

I see what you are saying... but perhaps there would be the equivalent of a guild or clan or linkshell or whatever where people could be assigned different guiding stars... though there are always loners and leeches out there in MMOs, this would be a way of forcing people to band together.

Some of the stars could have requirements to it, such as "Healing skill 150" for the Chirei star (Liukan, Huan, etc) and "Ranged skill 250" for Tensyo (Clive, Yun, etc) (higher skill requirement for stars of Heaven.) BTW skill points are something that is common in ALL MMORPGS, for those of you who don't know.

There would probably be a reward for having people in every star category, such as special missions, or maybe that would be how a true rune is obtained, or special armor, something along those lines. The missions or areas is the most appealing to me, as everyone likes exploring new areas.

The main problem in EQ2 I had was that you could only belong to one guild. And since there are people who belonged to different star tablets in the games, you could probably belong to different tablets in the games.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I appreciate that you guys like MMPORG's, but I don't, so thinking about Suikoden as an MMPORG is bad as all I can see is the major negatives far outweighing the any positives it may have.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Having Suikoden made into a MMORPG would seem really anti-Suikoden to me. The games are usually so story and character based. MMORPGs don't have that. Suikoden isn't about getting good items to beat strong monsters to get better items to beat even stronger monsters to get better items to beat.......and so on. That's what I see in MMORPGs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: