Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lyrics for Suikoden III Opening?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Lyrics for Suikoden III Opening? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have searched the internet and I know it is widely accepted that the lyrics of Ai wo Koete are just gibberish and the probability of somebody actually bothered to write it is slim, but I decided to ask it anyway.

The problem is, I have just realized that the words in Ai wo Koete closely resembles a certain Pāli chant of Buddhism (which its name eludes me right now) and I need the lyrics to confirm it. I know that if it is truly a Pāli chant, people should have already known it by now, but I just want to make sure...

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well i tried doing a search on it and haven't found any thing. but i'll still keep looking for it though, since there prolly is some thing online.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought it was just a tribal chant or something... and I do understand enough japanese enough to be able to tell. I'll have another listen in a minute to be certain of this.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it sure does sound like some kind of chant, but what kind of chant i have no clue.

Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could swear I read somewhere that other than "Aio Okete" it has no real meaning and is pretty much just something that Konami made up because...well, because it sounds cool.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gave it that listen... it is definately not Japanese, but with the game's background and possible languages to choose from, I would guess Chinese is the most likely, if not that than its probably archaic. It also sounds like its really just the same few words again and again.

Still quite a breathtaking opening though, no?

Campione della Fiamma

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guys... "Ai wo Koete" is Japanese. It means "Exceeding Love" or "Transcending Love." That's that. :)
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

why can't they still give us a translation? Tolken make languages, so unless its complete gibberish it has to have something behind it.

or maybe they can make another version, one in a laungage that exists, be it Japanese, Russian, or anything, even Cherokee or somthing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's complete gibberish--officially.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Still, even gibberish has a written out form of it. Twould be nice to know... not enough for me to care, it would just be nice.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gibberish doesn't have to written out in a form. it was prolly like a japan freestyle and they just were speaking gibberish to where no one could understand.

Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even gibberish is comprised of recognizable sounds, which can be expressed by letters. Therefore, it is quite possible to represent the gibberish of the Suikoden III opening in writing. It would be difficult to discern where one word would end and another began, so an absolutely exact transcript would be impossible -- simply because there is no way for "exactness" to exist in this context (assuming that it is in fact gibberish). Still, the sounds can be represented by letters.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like I have stated before, I am pretty positive that it is taken from a verse of Pāli, probably from Theravada/Tripitaka. What makes me unsure is the fact that nobody has ever consider this before, at least not that I know of.
Has the suggestion that it is Pāli ever been disproved before? Could someone who is familiar to Buddhism religious practice confirm this?

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i can confirm it's a prayer that got a king of r&b to it
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Huh? I am sorry, but I do not think I understand what you meant by "prayer that got a king of r&b."
Could you elaborate further?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: