Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Eureka 7
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Eureka 7 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is this anime worth watching? They started playing it on Adult Swim last week, and it seems kinda weak right now, just another generic Mecha. Though they did capture the personality of a 14 year old perfectly. But anyway, is it worth staying up for after Evangelion finishes its run in a couple weeks, or can I finally get some sleep on a Saturday?

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know this is an old topic but if your still considering I say start watching it, its a great anime... but maybe not now its on episode 44 so you'll probably have top start watching the series on youtube.
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if I can accurately capture and convey my enthusiasm for this series to you, except to say...OHMIGOD AWESOME KAWAII!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Honestly though, the first episode I saw made me think it was some lame mecha, but a friend convinced me to watch with him and I was quickly caught up in the characters. Their emotions and actions are realistic and believable, and they're easy to relate to and empathize with. I'm constantly sitting on the edge of my seat hoping they come through their ordeals to win the day. So yeah, I highly recommend the series to you or anyone else who's even slightly intrigued.

Haha, I really should pay attention to dates on these posts. >.< Why don't we just go ahead and renew this thread then, and leave it open to people who are watching the series currently so they can comment on how they were inroduced to the series, their thoughts on it so far, and what they'd like to see happen :P
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I still remember how you first thought it was kinda lame. That changed real quickly, didn't it? Hmmmm? *grin*

But yeah..I too love Eureka 7. I have since episode 1, and I hate the idea of it ending in like 2 months...oh well. Better it didn't get dragged out to hundreds of episodes in length. I'll post more when I'm less sleeepy.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Eureka 7 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Is this anime worth watching? They started playing it on Adult Swim last week,

it just started ti air for you, like lordkratos said it's almost over here. the begining is boring, but towards around late 20's start of the 30's is when it gets better.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Check the date, he posted it eleven months ago, it's probably finished/finishing for him as well Buff.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LordKratos wrote:
I know this is an old topic but if your still considering I say start watching it, its a great anime... but maybe not now its on episode 44 so you'll probably have top start watching the series on youtube.

Or he could do something crazy, like, I dunno, pay for it? :roll: It's not like you can't buy the DVDs. It's for reasons like this that Youtube getting sued doesn't bother me as much.

As for the anime, hopefully it picks up in later episodes because in the first 3 DVDs Renton has done nothing but piss me off. He's either spineless or he tries to act like he's a big shot, but either way I want him dead. That would be so nice if they just killed him off. A nice, satisfying ending! Also, this is a mecha anime (it has giant robots, I call it mecha.) and that's not really a favorite genre of mine, so it already had some shortcomings to overcome, and it hasn't really done a good job at that.

~Uguu!~
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exile wrote:
Check the date, he posted it eleven months ago, it's probably finished/finishing for him as well Buff.

opps i thought it was a new topic because i never saw it before and there was three new posts added to it.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sailor Sexy wrote:
LordKratos wrote:

Or he could do something crazy, like, I dunno, pay for it? :roll: It's not like you can't buy the DVDs. It's for reasons like this that Youtube getting sued doesn't bother me as much.

As for the anime, hopefully it picks up in later episodes because in the first 3 DVDs Renton has done nothing but piss me off. He's either spineless or he tries to act like he's a big shot, but either way I want him dead. That would be so nice if they just killed him off. A nice, satisfying ending! Also, this is a mecha anime (it has giant robots, I call it mecha.) and that's not really a favorite genre of mine, so it already had some shortcomings to overcome, and it hasn't really done a good job at that.

Or he could do something else crazy and svae himseldf a crapload of money, I don't know about you but I'd like to keep as much money as I can.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like to keep as much money as I can too, without resorting to stealing. Don't act like it's all fine and well to watch copyrighted material without paying for it. If you're fine with being a thief, then have at it I guess.

~Uguu!~
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't mind being a theif it makes me feel kind of dangerous... If you know what I mean. :)

I don't see it as stealing, hell they should be happy I'm watching their shows at all.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sailor Sexy wrote:
I like to keep as much money as I can too, without resorting to stealing. Don't act like it's all fine and well to watch copyrighted material without paying for it. If you're fine with being a thief, then have at it I guess.

Glad I have your permission.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This has got completely off-topic, one more post that doesn't actually contain something about the anime Eureka 7 itself and continues to veer into a debate about copyright infringement, youtube, piracy or whatever else and I'll lock the thread or delete a bunch of posts, depends on my mood at the time.

That said I shall now make a meagre attempt to get things back to the point myself as I have seen this anime in it's entirety and not too long ago either. To put it simply it's not a great anime in my books, it's reasonable, it's alright but it's nothing special.

Renton is fairly annoying but either by the end of things he had manned up enough not to piss me off or somehow my brain had tuned his whining out (he's nowhere near the annoyance level of Shinji Ikari at least), either is a possibility. I think the whole show sort of peaks somewhere around the late middle of the whole thing, the start was a bit slow and the end was a bit 'meh'. Those things said I do like some of the other characters through this anime, Holland was at least interesting, so were the voradrek people, and the whole scenario involving Holland/Renton/the Beams was possibly the best part of the whole story in my opinion, I liked the Beams.

Have to say I never enjoyed the whole idea of the 'surfing' (reffing) Mechs angle though, before watching this or after watching this I never really got into that as a means for the mech movement.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh sure, now the thread gets attention... after I gave up watching it a couple weeks after I made it.

Please do tell me when it restarts. It does indeed sound good.

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Oh sure, now the thread gets attention... after I gave up watching it a couple weeks after I made it.

Please do tell me when it restarts. It does indeed sound good.

Rumors on the [as] message boards say that the outcome of an immediate restart is bad. Heck they haven't even replayed Neon Genesis Evangelion which ended like 6 months ago yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: