Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A month after release, Are you still playing V?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Still playing V?
Yes, in the middle of the 2nd or 3rd or more times through
51%
 51%  [ 15 ]
Yes, been playing daily since 3/22 still very much enjoying the game for the first time
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Kind of playing off and on, no need to spend too much time on it with all the other games to play
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
No, finished it once or more times already
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
No, no time or haven't got it yet
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 29

jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: A month after release, Are you still playing V? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's been a month after the North America release date, enough time for most people to finish the game. I on the other hand is taking my sweet time on the first run through, since getting it on release day I played on average 2 hours a day and never missed a day except on April 1st(after playing for half an hour, I was too depressed by that day's events to go on and shut down without saving)

I'm at 57 hours+ after spending over the last week backtracking about 5 hours of storyline, I think I'm still about at least 1/4 away from finishing the game. With a slow summer coming up I'm pretty sure finishing up V will lead me going back to finish IV, then finally getting the save file to replay tactics and possibly replaying V again if there is time, which means a great summer full of suikoden playing coming up for me, hopefully all leading up to a VI announcement... How's everyone else doing?
Ashley Riot

The Queensguard

20000 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Picked the third option because it was closest to my situation- I've had classes to deal with again and there are other games I wanted to get around to playing (including Kingdom Hearts 2, which I now kind of regret buying, to be perfectly honest). However, Suikoden V's been the most addicting game I've played all year and I certainly can't wait to get back to it.

"I've been shown a lifetime of oddities in a day." -- Ashley Riot
Sir Penguin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm on my second playthrough.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i've beaten it twice already and have put it away until the next playthrough. spent about 82 hours playing it twice and beaten it both times with all 108 stars.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Midori

Stijgende Zielen

53473 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't had much time playing recently so I haven't completed my first playthrough...it's also the Japanese one X_x
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm at a crossroads.

I don't know whether to start a New Game+ file or just start a new game with the name 'Faroush'.

Shut up, these are the things that really trouble me.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've played it through three times already and I'm done with it. Unless the bug bites me and I itch for Suikoden V, I won't be playing it anymore. Its a phenominal game, but I've moved on to Dragon Quest VIII.

If for any reason I need to see something about a character, I have my best save file before you head into the Ashtewal Mountains. All 108 characters and everything. Most of the chatracters have been leveled up to level 55 at least, some more so. Others are still at level 20 something or less. I just ran out of time and care. I really don't think I'll gain anything spectacular by leveling Bergen up further. I'd rather plop on my best party and go slaying monsters, or having Moroon in reserves to listen to the alternate battle theme.

I voted #4.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
I'm at a crossroads.

I don't know whether to start a New Game+ file or just start a new game with the name 'Faroush'.

Shut up, these are the things that really trouble me.

I had the same problem with suikoden IV and NOW... That kind of crap bugs that $@$@ out of me...

I beat Suikoden V, and I'm sure I would be playing right now as we speak, if it weren't for the fact that my Playstion broke down after many years of service to me.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.

Last edited by Jorge Prima on Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

delete

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.

Last edited by Jorge Prima on Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll play Suikoden V again by summer. I've been meaning to play other games lately, but I'm still having problems getting to them...

I'm also going to play III and IV. I meant to play them before V, but I didn't have enough time...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Played and finished it once. You couldn't pay me to play it again.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Going through a second time. I don't really play quite as much as I oughta, but I put in a few hours every so often.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

....has it been a MONTH ALREADY?! :shock:

I've sort of started my third playthrough using a walkthrough (to cut down on time).
Josephine

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just beat it yesterday, actually. I'm in Lordlake on my playthrough, so I picked the first choice(though I'm only in the beginning). This time, I'll get Eresh and be sure to recruit Sairoh early because I spent around 10 hours waiting for him to become recruitable at the end of the game. It drove me insane, to be honest...
Random

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've almost finished my second playthrough. I got all 108 stars this time and chose Euram. I got Eresh first time.

I've set a few goals for myself this time round:
1) Get everyone's weapon level to at least 10 - almost done
2) Have everyone over level thirty with reasonable armour
3) Collect all books/windows/sounds/voices/tactics
4) See all bath scenes (except Eresh's - saw it last time)
5) Collect at least one of every Rune. - this one's the hardest because I can't seem to find any fortune rune peices and Gold rabbits aren't dropping prosperity peices for me.

After this playthrough I'm gonna finally finish Tactics, then replay Suikoden I for the umpteenth time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: