Suikoden Unique and Irenic Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tiberium Wars

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Tiberium Wars Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
The good fellas at Eurogamer have brought to our attention that EA has confirmed the news we brought to you earlier this week. C&C3 is indeed in development under the working name, Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars.

There haven't been any explicit details revealed by EA but there are scans from the US PC Gamer magazine starting to pop up over the net. The game is due for release next year and is being developed at EALA. It's going to be set in the year 2047 and apparently 20 percent of the land mass is going to be tiberium wasteland. Kane and his followers will return as a "global superpower" and continue their battle with the GDI.

In an attempt to make the game feel a bit more like the original, units like the Mammoth Tank, Orca gunship, Stealth Tank, the Ion Cannon and Nuke will be making a return. As well as improving the single player aspect, there'll be traditional skirmish, deathmatch and team deathmatch modes and a new "Risk-style" mode called World Domination in multiplayer.

various sites confirm a release for mid next year ish and a few have confirmed that EA will be using the Generals graphics engine.

This is effectivly great news for fans of the command and conquer series of old, im speaking red alert times (of which newer gamesers can appreciate since the 10th year anniversay compilation should still be available)as EA who fans regarded as killing the series when they effectivly took over Westwood Studios and released Generals are attempting to go back to the basiscs.

Im pumped that theyre choosing to create the 3rd Tiberium Wars ontop of the 2 previous installments (Tiberium Sun and Tiberium Sun: Firestorm) between the GDI and Kanes Brotherhood of NOD, though at the same time since im an avid RA2 player im disappointed that i wont get to see Yuri and play as the Soviets again :P

According to IGN one of the co founders of Westwood studios working at EALA is thrilled about the concept, which can only mean great things considering the heritage.

All i can say is this game cant come too soon.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*drinks Fly's soul*

What games will I have needed to play in order to understand this?

Lord's Minions

4417 Potch
721 Soldiers
20000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I just found out a couple days ago about Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. I can't wait to play this Command and Conquer title. The original Tiberium titles were my favorites.f

Yvl, You should play Command and Conquer Tiberium Sun and the expansion, Tiberium Sun: Firestorm to know more of the story. I would think that they would make this game to where new players of the series don't need to know the history, but I don't know. If you can get your hands on the Tiberium Sun titles then more power to you. I think they are the best in the Command and Conquer series.

General of the Godwin Army
United States Navy ATF-HT
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

@.@ my poor munniez ;_;

I have indeed heard good things about them... but are they expensive, like Suikoden 2 expensive?

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ive just seen both of them on budget release so im guessing not...
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So... how long do I have to catch up, exactly?

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vader wrote:
Yeah, I just found out a couple days ago about Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. I can't wait to play this Command and Conquer title. The original Tiberium titles were my favorites.

Yvl, You should play Command and Conquer Tiberium Sun and the expansion, Tiberium Sun: Firestorm to know more of the story. I would think that they would make this game to where new players of the series don't need to know the history, but I don't know. If you can get your hands on the Tiberium Sun titles then more power to you. I think they are the best in the Command and Conquer series.

just pick up the 10th anniversay box set, it has the entirity in it rather then trying to find them seperately (i believe only red alert series + renegade was released as a battlechest type thing) so itd save a lot of hassles unless you can find it in a 5 for $10 bin :P

Yvl my soul is mine... you regurgitate that this instant!

Most likely since this is touted as the 3rd Tiberium war there would be referrences to the past games that you might not get if you havent played them, though considering the C&C lineage you could very well just play it on its own and get most of the story sicne EA would most likely add in a few flashback options perhaps to fill in the gaps. Its still in its design stage i believe with ppl expecting more info at E3 so for now anything could really happen with it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, that works, duh. >.<

Well, in this day and age it can be assumed easily that there will be interesting online play. So I can get my ass kicked thoroughly by you on it. >.<

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Oh, that works, duh. >.<

Well, in this day and age it can be assumed easily that there will be interesting online play. So I can get my ass kicked thoroughly by you on it. >.<

mostly all strategy games have online components, IGN noted thered be different single player and multi player modes though so it depends on how EA go about making the gamereally.

But yes more then likely i would win but thats just because im good, about the only RTS you could beat me in is the original TA..because im horrendus at it :P

I doubt EA will divert much from the standard online play as it is anyway, since most people feel comfortable with the system it wouldnt be a smart move.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah. but look at Warcraft 3... that has arguably the best online play of all time. Anyway, I think I may have won a generic RTS vs match ONCE. I'm not too sure. Either way, I'm terrible at online play in games like that.

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finally! It took them too long but i don't care anymore as long as it's coming.
This brings back some ancient memories, i feel like i need to brush up on my C&C history right away. Most excellent.

Just please don't screw this one up EA.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait... what has EA screwed up that people seem to be so frightened of? Aside from Red Alert 2's acting, I odnt know what else they've done wrong...

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Wait... what has EA screwed up that people seem to be so frightened of? Aside from Red Alert 2's acting, I odnt know what else they've done wrong...

Westwood did RA and RA2, they were taken over by EA who then produced Generals, a game which most C&C fans were disappointed in because of the way it played. It was slow paced, focused on modern tech without having emphatic single player campaigns and for people who would pratically hate the brotherhood, GDI or the Soviets left them just flabbergasted at the lack of any depth in the nations.

I mean Tanya was like the best infantry unit in the ra series (of course massing Yuris pwnd) and they replaced them with some steroido with a minigun, stereotypical asian hacker, or chemical ali and completely ditched the resource gathering and primary base defences. They tried to progress the series but ended up trying to fix too much, give me walls and Tesla towers over bunkers and SAM sites anyday.

Also the fact that in RA2 you could effectivly fit about 6 airports for the space of 1 in generals drastically reduced any form of army to a mere scouting force, superweapons were far too easy to get and execute as well. Hell in about 5 mins as China i could churn out 2 overlord tanks and win the game, thats just wrong on many levels.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Huh... I never heard of Generals... probably for a good reason...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: