Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most Annoying Character **spoilers**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marlacon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found Lyon the most annoying. Just the little giggles, the voice, the character... Everything about Lyon made me sadface.
Ashley Riot

The Queensguard

20000 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's another:

Richard - Yeah, yeah, spare me the combat praise. He's less interesting than toe fungus and about as single-minded, which, granted, is to be expected from a character with his brand of token tragic backstory. To top it all off, his character design is this hideous blend of Rock Lee and Tin Tin, with a bit of Soujiro Seta mixed in there minus the intrigue. "Oh I hope Mueller's watching me!" "Mueller, did you see that?!" "Mueller!" "Mueller!" "Mueller!" Cripes. Get lost, punk!
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most annoying, huh.

Well, I found Marina to be extremely annoying. I find her obsession to Belcoot, her selfish actions and her character portrait annoying. I know that she *spoilers* drugged Belcoot to save her parents *end spoilers* but that action does not justify her reasons. I mean, she is willing to destroy someone else's dreams and plans just to satisfy her desires. That was certainly a selfish act and I still hate her for that.

Also, I despise her character portrait. That semi-circular mouth has always annoyed the hell out of me. Plus, the sudden change from her sad character portrait to the annoying smile annoyed me as well. It makes me think she was just pretending to feel sorry for the prince.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

she didn't do that to save her parents. she did that so belcoot wouldn't be married to princess lym cause she didn't want to lose him.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't gone through every page (actually, I only looked at the last page :D ) but could anyone possibly be more annoying than Lu? Her whole brain dead, almost Valley Girl, manner of speaking just made me want to choke the life out of her! The only one who could possibly have annoyed me more was that little beaver girl. I forget her name, but the Nuuuoh! one. You know which one I'm talking about. The Prince should have gotten Lyon a nice beaver cap out of that one.

~Uguu!~
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
she didn't do that to save her parents. she did that so belcoot wouldn't be married to princess lym cause she didn't want to lose him.

Yes she did. She was threatened by Dolph that if she won't use the drug on Belcoot, Dolph would do something to her parents.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There weren't that many characters in the 108 Stars of Destiny group which I found most annoying. There's a few that I can remember from the top of my head that I didn't like to use much. There's Toma whose act of trying to be tougher than he looks was truly annoying. The fact that his skills was actually pretty useless whenever I had to create multiple parties in certain parts of the game made me not want to use him.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sailor Sexy wrote:
The only one who could possibly have annoyed me more was that little beaver girl. I forget her name, but the Nuuuoh! one. You know which one I'm talking about. The Prince should have gotten Lyon a nice beaver cap out of that one.

Dude, how can you not like Meroon. The second youngest of the beavers and the most happy and easygoing. How can you not like her making those beaver noises that don't mean anything: Nu...Nuooooh! Nuooooh!

Apophis Berserkers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Euram Barrows by far. Lyon and Miakis were a little annoying but I don't think they were even close to the level of annoyance that came out of Euram. I had the same ammount of dislike for him that I did for Snowe in the fourth game. (I killed him in the beginning of my first playthrough even knowing I'd lose a star of destiny)

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think Killey is the most annoying character on suikoden V he like saying "IDIOT" in other character stupid red man... :x :x :x
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Georg.

Now i hated Gremio since he was asub par character who always forced his way into your party, and Georg does the same but at times when hes been gone for large druation twiddling his thumbs to pop back up for a plot related point before saying 'sayonara, off to get drunk again!' There is no point to even bother with him as a character in any sense of the term due to his constant absence, and for someone who apparantly was in hiding as a traitor (along with the Prince also) it was a poor excuse. Then, just after you finally get enough decent party members for a final showdown, step aside he needs his camera time, cop that!

For his involvement in the events which occured in Falena, he was an irritable, pathetic useless character, who besides the very start of the game became a hindrance.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eXistence of Fly wrote:
Georg.

Now i hated Gremio since he was asub par character who always forced his way into your party, and Georg does the same but at times when hes been gone for large druation twiddling his thumbs to pop back up for a plot related point before saying 'sayonara, off to get drunk again!' There is no point to even bother with him as a character in any sense of the term due to his constant absence, and for someone who apparantly was in hiding as a traitor (along with the Prince also) it was a poor excuse. Then, just after you finally get enough decent party members for a final showdown, step aside he needs his camera time, cop that!

For his involvement in the events which occured in Falena, he was an irritable, pathetic useless character, who besides the very start of the game became a hindrance.

If you hated Georg because of his frequent absences, you pretty much missed Georg's main reason as to why he was absent most of the time. Georg had a plausible excuse for being absent. He *major spoilers*killed the queen.*end spoilers* The Godwins knew that he did that. They spread word of what he did in order to (in the words of Euram Barrows,) sully his name, and many people believed in it. Georg knew that. If he ever goes near the prince, his prescence would tarnish the prince's reputation as well. If the prince's reputation would be tarnished, the whole point of reuniting Falena under his name would be pointless. That is why Georg distanced himself from the prince.

But what I can't take from what you said is that Georg was just "getting drunk" while he was away. That statement was indeed false. Georg was under the command of Lucretia all the time he was away. He was on secret missions and doing the important preparations for the prince. He was doing the best he can to help the prince's cause while keeping his distance from the prince. Therefore, your statement was purely based on opinion.

And if you hated Georg because you can't use him often, think of it as a way to balance things. Georg was one of the (if not the) best fighters out there. It's just to balance Georg's overpowered self to be overused. Besides, his long absence contributes to a higher possibility of him to be able to equip a Saint's robe, which boosts his MDEF greatly.

I just wanted to speak my mind out. Georg is my only favorite character out of the entire series and I don't want him to be hated this way. I just came in defence to my favorite character, that is all.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:

If you hated Georg because of his frequent absences, you pretty much missed Georg's main reason as to why he was absent most of the time. Georg had a plausible excuse for being absent. He *major spoilers*killed the queen.*end spoilers* The Godwins knew that he did that. They spread word of what he did in order to (in the words of Euram Barrows,) sully his name, and many people believed in it. Georg knew that. If he ever goes near the prince, his prescence would tarnish the prince's reputation as well. If the prince's reputation would be tarnished, the whole point of reuniting Falena under his name would be pointless. That is why Georg distanced himself from the prince.

Anyone who missed that event would be blind as a bat, and if you read around the East Palace prior to Lunos i believe you will find that the Prince also has a bounty on his head as a traitor for aiding and abetting the traitor Georg. Now correct me if im wrong but how many times does the Prince end up going out prior to Lymslia's coronation? You seem to be forgetting that there was also a rumour spread that the Prince was attempting to create an army to overthrow the royal lineage of Falena and yet despite that he still went out and pranced around doing his princely job. So either the prince is more of a man then Georg is or Georg is nothing but a reputation hog, when its damaged he hides, when its not hes out and about.

Quote:
But what I can't take from what you said is that Georg was just "getting drunk" while he was away. That statement was indeed false. Georg was under the command of Lucretia all the time he was away. He was on secret missions and doing the important preparations for the prince. He was doing the best he can to help the prince's cause while keeping his distance from the prince. Therefore, your statement was purely based on opinion.

Name me one important piece of information that he brought back which you either hadnt figured out yet or or was so informative that his lack of being there was appropriate. With the amount of glorification he gets by fans and by the game dynamics he produces very little credible evidence in light of other characters who are less reveared. Plus i thought this entire thread was based on opinion, or am i confusing who i think is most annoying isnt opinionated and it has to be one of the already mentioned people?

Quote:
And if you hated Georg because you can't use him often, think of it as a way to balance things. Georg was one of the (if not the) best fighters out there. It's just to balance Georg's overpowered self to be overused. Besides, his long absence contributes to a higher possibility of him to be able to equip a Saint's robe, which boosts his MDEF greatly.

Him and Kyle start off at relatively the same level, and as soon as you get your Hq pretty much Kyle becomes a permanent member of your troupe, Hes far more well rounded (and thus a better powerhouse as he can last longer to deal more damage) a better mage (Alen-Grenseal) has more rune slots(3, Georg has 2, 1 fixed with killer rune), rune count(9-6-4-2 as opposed to 6-3-1-0), less spread with stats (SS-B, Georg has SS-D) and the greatest differenc ein stats is strength with georg having 200 more (all at lvl 60) Now take someone like Galleon, Zegai and Belcoot who can dish out base dmaage waaaay in excess.

Belcoot has more hp, 90odd less strength can parry everything but bosses, more runes yet again and throw on a killer rune and dish out almost as much criticals, Galleon has about 40 less strength more hp and is a dman tank, Zegai more hp, same strength and is quicker. Now with those powerhouses and Georgs primary role as being a quick heavy hitter how is that balanced?

Quote:
I just wanted to speak my mind out. Georg is my only favorite character out of the entire series and I don't want him to be hated this way. I just came in defence to my favorite character, that is all.

Understandable but unneccessary, its an opinionated thread and not everyone is going to agree. If anything you should be thankful that its not just a baseless hate for the characters portrayal, rather then how he was used in the circumstances and how his impact and status is overrated for his contribution.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eXistence of Fly wrote:
Anyone who missed that event would be blind as a bat, and if you read around the East Palace prior to Lunos i believe you will find that the Prince also has a bounty on his head as a traitor for aiding and abetting the traitor Georg. Now correct me if im wrong but how many times does the Prince end up going out prior to Lymslia's coronation? You seem to be forgetting that there was also a rumour spread that the Prince was attempting to create an army to overthrow the royal lineage of Falena and yet despite that he still went out and pranced around doing his princely job. So either the prince is more of a man then Georg is or Georg is nothing but a reputation hog, when its damaged he hides, when its not hes out and about.

Have you forgotten that Lymsleia is in favor of his brother and not of the Godwins? Basically, a lot of the people turned to the prince after their bad time with Gizel and his bald daddy. That bounty was long forgotten after the prince proved himself to the people. So now that the prince is viewed as the "good" and the Godwins are "bad," wouldn't his reputation be damaged if everybody knew that he has sided with *spoilers*the queen's murderer?*/spoilers* especially that Georg has been hiding that fact all that time?

eXistence of Fly wrote:
Name me one important piece of information that he brought back which you either hadnt figured out yet or or was so informative that his lack of being there was appropriate. With the amount of glorification he gets by fans and by the game dynamics he produces very little credible evidence in light of other characters who are less reveared. Plus i thought this entire thread was based on opinion, or am i confusing who i think is most annoying isnt opinionated and it has to be one of the already mentioned people?

Gordius.

eXistence of Fly wrote:
Him and Kyle start off at relatively the same level, and as soon as you get your Hq pretty much Kyle becomes a permanent member of your troupe, Hes far more well rounded (and thus a better powerhouse as he can last longer to deal more damage) a better mage (Alen-Grenseal) has more rune slots(3, Georg has 2, 1 fixed with killer rune), rune count(9-6-4-2 as opposed to 6-3-1-0), less spread with stats (SS-B, Georg has SS-D) and the greatest differenc ein stats is strength with georg having 200 more (all at lvl 60) Now take someone like Galleon, Zegai and Belcoot who can dish out base dmaage waaaay in excess.

Belcoot has more hp, 90odd less strength can parry everything but bosses, more runes yet again and throw on a killer rune and dish out almost as much criticals, Galleon has about 40 less strength more hp and is a dman tank, Zegai more hp, same strength and is quicker. Now with those powerhouses and Georgs primary role as being a quick heavy hitter how is that balanced?

But do they have the one-hit kill Georg automatically has? Or maybe his parrying and countering potential? I don't think so.

eXistence of Fly wrote:
Understandable but unneccessary, its an opinionated thread and not everyone is going to agree. If anything you should be thankful that its not just a baseless hate for the characters portrayal, rather then how he was used in the circumstances and how his impact and status is overrated for his contribution.

I know. I'm not bashing your opinion. What I cannot take is that you're speaking a lie about Georg. I just want to clarify that.
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My pick is definately Josephine for these reasons.
1) She yaks on about fashon sense and diversity which has nothing to do with the plot
2) I don't like her look in the subscreen
3) I don't like the song when you first talk to her
4) She has bad starting stats
5) You get her in Haud Village which i especially don't like
To me all I do is recruit her and forget that she even exists.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: