Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most Annoying Character **spoilers**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune of Corruption

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is problem of fanboyism in suikoden 5. The peoples in Rainwall and Stormfist just let this fact slip their minds that Falena is a queendom. It is Arshtat's country not Salum's nor is it Gizel's or Marscal. Then their is people like Alenia and Zahhak. I don't dislike Zahhak ( which is suprising to me since he is so ruthless.) as much as I did Alenia. She is so arrogant. She even has the audacity to call the royal prince of Falena traitor. That nothing but fanboyism on her part. Richard also fall into this blind fanboyism that is infecting Falena. Mueller doesn't give a damn about him and yet... such as waste at least in my sight. Sometimes I just want to say, Mueller makes his day glance at him.

Womanizing is a problem also. Kyle, Gravaya, and Wilhelm all act like they have never seen much less been with a woman in this game. Gravaya is just a sick pervert. Lets not forget the Sindar hunters. They all have this superiority complex especially Killey. These minor complaints honestly. I finds most of those characters funny actually. Except Alenia she has earned my contempt forever.
Sydnee

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why hate Euram Barows? *rofl*

I hate these characters:

Moroon: He's not that cute...and so his style.
Oboro: I hate the way you recruit him. I talked to him a million times but he still won't join.
Lymsleia: Spoiled brat. If I were his big brother I'll spank her for being so annoying.
Gavaya: eh...what the hell....>_>
Salum Barows: I may like his son but not him. The way he talk annoys me.
Gizel Godwin: He's good looking but pure evil. *tsk*
Lu: She talks like crazy! I wanna 'slap-slap-slap' her in her 'ass-ass-ass!'
Dolph: EBIL!

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crushedvelvet

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lol Sydnee, I love your picture.

I'm so glad I'm not the only Euram fan out there. I was starting to get worried.

Anyway, most annoying characters:

Marina: She drove me nuts, I disliked her dress, her voice, her stupid pictures and her character overall. I know flawed characters are meant to be realistic but my god was that woman totally flawed. I hope one day soon she wakes up and see's a Belcoot shaped hole in the door and a big cloud of dust.

Cornelio: cringe. This guy irritated the hell out of me. Mediocrities? Ugh. Horrible man. Only thing I liked about him was his comment on the night before the final battle if you don't catch his precious DoReMi elves. Not exact quote but.....'I was going to play a special composition but a certain LAZY mediocrity didn't help me catch DoReMi elves. Do you know which medicrity that might be?' That made me laugh so much.

Gavaya: Yikes, that guy has never even kissed a woman before.....and I can understand why! He looks like a frog when he sticks his tongue out like that. I actually know someone who is like him in real life. Gavaya bugged me so much I wanted Mathias to 'despose of him in the nearest body of water'.

Sialeeds: I have a bit of a love/hate thing with this woman. I love her wacky outfit and blond hairdo but I don't like a certain area of her outfit that remains a little overexposed imho. Yes I know the guys love a bit of flesh, but isn't that what Jeane is for?

Actually I think one of my major complaints was that there were far too many women overly large lady lumps. Was that because they wanted to establish that the Frey was a guy? Although I'm pretty sure there were a couple of guys who could have competed with Sialeeds, Arshtat, Jeane and Kisara for that trophey :D

Toma: This boy's attitude stunk at the beginning of the game. Yes I know he had good reason to be that way but omg did he grate on my nerves quickly.

Dongo: simply because he is such a pain to recruit. My first playthrough he dissapeared after you asked him to join you and you never see him again. Second time through I gave him all the hammers and spend a ludicrous amount of cash sharpening my group's weapons and after asking him he said he couldn't leave his master. What a pain!

And finally and honourable mention goes to Lucerina's dress sense. I hated that outfit. Although I do like the Barows siblings overall they gave me the impression of children who didn't want to grow up, Euram with his personality and Lucy with her clothing. She looked like she was the same age as Lym even though she was 18. Girl, ditch the wannabe Alice thing and get yourself some new threads!

Phew, vent over.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Actually I think one of my major complaints was that there were far too many women overly large lady lumps. Was that because they wanted to establish that the Frey was a guy? Although I'm pretty sure there were a couple of guys who could have competed with Sialeeds, Arshtat, Jeane and Kisara for that trophey

Hell, I'm a guy and I agree. I'm thinking they did this cuz they dressed the main charracter like a girl.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'm totally sure it's because Frey didn't have big muscles and not at all because sex sells.

Nope. I'm sure those women "blessed" with big mammiaries were, in fact, there to remind people Frey was a guy, considering he's not like the other Suikoden heroes who were ALL built like Kurt Angle. Not at ALL an attempt to sell a game with some sex appeal; I mean, whoever liked Jeane because she was "hot"?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Nope. I'm sure those women "blessed" with big mammiaries were, in fact, there to remind people Frey was a guy, considering he's not like the other Suikoden heroes who were ALL built like Kurt Angle. Not at ALL an attempt to sell a game with some sex appeal; I mean, whoever liked Jeane because she was "hot"?

lmao. Heh, you're funny with your sarcasm and stuff, but really, that's a sad attempt at T&A....If I wanted that, I'd go get DOA: Extreme Beach Volleyball...

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never said it was the most successful (though I'm not sure how one measures that), I'm just saying the reason is far less likely it was because everyone thinks Frey is a girl, oh noes! (Am I the only person on earth who doesn't have trouble telling Freyjadour is a guy?) and far more likely that they were hoping the added sex appeal would help sell games. XD

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, you're probably right. Oh, and I know that he is a guy, he's just dressed like a girl, that is my issue.

I just think it's kinda dumb how games are like this. That's why I'm ignoring the whole hotest suikoden charracter thread. :roll:

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
(Am I the only person on earth who doesn't have trouble telling Freyjadour is a guy?)

Eh, I really didn't have trouble telling Frey is a guy neither. The first time I've seen him, I was sure he's male. I really don't think he looks that womanly, as many people say.

But yeah, I do agree that Suikoden V's female characers were very exaggerated in terms of body proportions.
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
I never said it was the most successful (though I'm not sure how one measures that), I'm just saying the reason is far less likely it was because everyone thinks Frey is a girl, oh noes! (Am I the only person on earth who doesn't have trouble telling Freyjadour is a guy?) and far more likely that they were hoping the added sex appeal would help sell games. XD

No, Sophita, you aren't the only person on earth .... I never thought Frey would be a girl.

Last edited by ViktorFan on Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just like in the real world. They don't need to be literally as big as watermelons...

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sparhawk wrote:
Just like in the real world. They don't need to be literally as big as watermelons...

Unless you are a playboy bunny or page 3 model , lol.

It was probably to attract the teenage boy demographic to the game (no offense meant to any teenage male posters there).

I did think Frey looked a bit too girly but I think that was the artists trying to tell you that he's still a boy and hasn't fully developed in the muscle/ growth department.

You never know they might show him all tall and buff in the next game, kinda like Futch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sydnee

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

crushedvelvet - On Euram wrote:

I'm so glad I'm not the only Euram fan out there. I was starting to get worried.

Phew! I really thought everyone hates Euram!
We should stick together....>:)

Another character to hate:

Cornelio: Is Mediocrity the only thing he knows? His MEDIOCRITY is very annoying!!! >.< Maybe we should call Egbert and kill him and the FILTHY GODWINS together...

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cornello is the one charracter who made me hate myself whenever I used him...Sorry if there are Cornello fanboys present(and if there are, slap yourself), but I wish he would have been killed off by a DoReMi.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sydnee wrote:
crushedvelvet - On Euram wrote:

Phew! I really thought everyone hates Euram!
We should stick together....>:)

Another character to hate:

Cornelio: Is Mediocrity the only thing he knows? His MEDIOCRITY is very annoying!!! >.< Maybe we should call Egbert and kill him and the FILTHY GODWINS together...

Ugh I totally agree there. I think I might have said this in another thread but the only thing I liked about him was close to the end at the game when he goes mental at you if you don't get his DoReMi elves and calls you a lazy mediocrity.

We should definately stick together on this one. I don't think I can be a Euram fangirl all by myself, lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: