Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most Annoying Character **spoilers**
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Most Annoying Character **spoilers** Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i see we have topics on favorite and strongest characters, so why not one on most annoying character.

for me only way i found really annoying was salum borrows. it was mainly his voice and how he just was. i didn't care for him at all and glad the dude got killed.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Euram was worse for me. He kept coming for more and more events, be it main story or recruiting another characters. It annoys me to see a pointless character getting that much screentime, especially in a Suikoden. There are way better and more interesting characters that should have that development instead.
Suikojowy

1708 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lymselia really annoyed the hell out of me throughout the game with her attitude problem. Granted that later on in the game it was kind of justified but I really hated her spoilt "do you know who I am?!!" attitude at the start of the game.

I've noticed she has a number of fans but she just doesn't appeal to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Salum's just a... well, he's really no different from Godwin. He's nasty, but nasty with a smiley face. A complete waste of flesh, if you ask me. And a lot of flesh that was.

Euram is annoying, but he offers a lot of comic relief, especially during his schemes to get the prince... and more importantly, he's completely redeemable! Seriously, once he's on your team, he knocks off the wankiness and even becomes pleasant to talk to.

Lymsleia annoyed me a bit in the beginning with her child's obsession with her brother, but she chilled out and matured a bit during the game, so she's cool with me.

Gizel is annoying because after a good 4/5 of the game, I was expecting things to build up to that final encounter with him. Instead, he ended up being the biggest disappointment for a villain (for me, anyway). He said he was doing it for Falena's sake, but in the end, he just sounded like a brat who wanted power and just had too much time on his hands. For someone who caused so much destruction, it sounds very stupid.

Here's one character who, every time she was on the screen, really annoyed me. Lu. She actually called me a noob. And then proceeded to say KEWL like fifty times. I dunno, she's just got that whole 'annoying young teen fangirl' vibe to her. And she's constantly breaking or losing Babbage's stuff and giving Sorensen headaches. While that's not enough to warrant hatred, it makes me want to punch her.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it seemed like sorenson and babbage actually were used to how lu was, just cause from what they said they never seemed made except for when lu broke her bow gun.

but yes during the begining lymsleia was an anooying little sister. but it was funny how miakis always lied to her and she got upset.

Son of Liberty

17460 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Euram does not annoy me a bit. Instead, I find his attitude amusing. Even what he had done to the Prince.

In V, the most annoying characters are Salum Barrows and the people of Stormfist. These guys only care about their moneys and Godwins. The do not have any respect for the royal family. For the people of Stormfist, it's self evident when you talk to them in the game. For Salum, ugh, I don't want to talk about him anymore.

Lymslea is not really annoying. She only acted like a girl from a royal family. If somebody played the japanese version of it, you'll get what I mean.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really hated Babbage. Especially the way he talked. I'm a grammar freak, and his improper use of the comma made me twitch a lot. Oh, game translators. You seemed so knowledgeable when we talked at www.theirstar.com :mrgreen:

I also disliked Euram. He was just... there. And when his father dies, he isn't there anymore. It's really stupid. And I hate his voice. And the reason I just gave was really noob~ish. <3

And to finish, I would like to say, I hated Lym in the beginning cause she was just in the way, but after certain scenes in the later part of the game, she grew on me. She used her power to her advantage and her reasons for some of her actions("I won't cry, blah, blah, etc.") were really good. <3 Yay Lym. xD

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Ashley Riot

The Queensguard

20000 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to repeat, Major Spoilers.

---

I'd kick Cius in the guard keys any day of the week. I don't know what it was about Lelei that made her so much less chafing, but clearly she's not sharing any portions with Cius. That guy should hit her up for some.

Here's a personal address. Anyone can use "idiots" in every sentence, Killey. It doesn't make you look clever and it certainly doesn't make you look badass. For all the trash you talk about my party, you end up barely being able to cut it in battle without a Killer and a Fury Rune. I don't care how good you are at magic, you seriously need to shut up- preferably after a slice of humble pie a'la mode.

However, even you, Killey, did not grate on my nerves as much as Childerich, who is also my most hated Suikoden character of all time. As I've said elsewhere, Childerich's the only kind of incompetent, infuriating scum I'd truly fantasize about killing. It's a good thing Gizel wasn't actually trying to bolster his reputation by making that pet monster a Queen's Knight, because then he would have been twice the blathering idiot that Childerich was. Killing Childerich was the highlight of my Suikoden V experience. Rather than paint the rest of the game in a mediocre light, it actually says something that I relished ending the sad and worthless life of this hideous psycho even more than I enjoyed the rest of this excellent game.

But certainly, this isn't to say that Dolph is not the same caliber of annoying as good old Childy. Like Childerich, it was quite satisfying to beat him down and then kill him with Lyon, even if I didn't press the button that did it. He almost outmatches Childerich in this category, really, since he spends so much of the game causing crap and then teleporting away before I can waste him. His coked-out stare, his slavering jaw, his blank face, his boring design-- yes, I would have loved to have had his head mounted on my bedroom wall. Irritating little...

I think that's it. Nether Gate's got a lot of annoying @#$*%^#$ in it, that's for sure.

"I've been shown a lifetime of oddities in a day." -- Ashley Riot
humpa

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i loved euram for some reason. he was so hilarious and goofy.

the only character i hated actually was roy. I hated when we met him he was makin me mad i wanted to kill his character there in the duel. and then throughout the game he was trying to hit on lyon! >:( not only that he treats faylen like nothing while she smothers him with care as he goes after lyon. poor faylen hopefully she finds someone better who appreciates her (she reminds me of tifa from ff7 who never gets her loved returned).

defending the castle was definitely one of my favorites =)
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
not only that he treats faylen like nothing while she smothers him with care as he goes after lyon. poor faylen hopefully she finds someone better who appreciates her (she reminds me of tifa from ff7 who never gets her loved returned).

to bad at the end she travels with faylon to find roy and she still smothers him. but since roy is a actor he prolly forgot about lyon and started to notice faylen more.

The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hated Gizel and Marscal. Gizel was an idiot, as well as a horrible strategist/leader. Marscal was a lazy bum who did nothing. I always expected him to be a major villain, but then he just sits back and allows Gizel to urinate all over the Godwin family name. Gizel, throughout the entirety of the war, never made one intelligent manuever. Taking Sol-Falena was his only achievement. He just sat back there, wearing that fake smile, sending Novum, Bahram, Alenia, Zahak, and Childerich out to make fools of themselves. Then he allies with Armes for no justifiable reason (except maybe to invoke the nostalgia of Highland's alliance with the Karaya Clan). Eveything he throws at the Prince fails, and he doesn't even seem to care. And at the end, he throws away his life in a duel with the Prince that he obviously can't win.
In the company of Barbarossa, Luca Blight, Luc, and even Graham Cray, Gizel is nothing. A complete failure, in my opinion...

< /rant >

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess the whole point is that Gizel doesn't care. He sees people as his toys and likes to manipulate them and see the consequences.

But, I do agree that Gizel was irritating to me, mainly how he plays dumb, and his "psychiatrist" tone of voice. But, seeing as how he is a "villain", I guess that's a good thing.
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Those strange mute monkey things at the back of Yashuna Village annoyed me, as I just didn't know what they were or what purpose they served. Can anyone shed any light on what the hell those things were?

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always assumed they were the whole See no evil-Hear no Evil-Speak no evil trio, but I can't say for certain. I always figurewd they'd be good for SOMETHING, but nothing ever happened. Stupid Monkies...

Anyway! Lu was pretty bad. Well. She was really bad. Girl's like a Raccoon with ADD. The only time I ever enjoyed her being around was her bath scene with Jeane. "WAP-WAP-WAP! up and down yoru face with an ugly stick!"

Somthing about Craig really rubbed me the wrong way. I don't really know what it was...Maybe his overall unwillingness to go to war despite a war-mongering faction of the senate holding a true rune. >.< I swear, I KNOW he could have let you know what was going on without getting discoved. Bah...

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Josephine

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Annoying characters, eh?

I'll start with Salum. He was ugly, annoying, and his voice was awful. I felt no sympathy for him in the end.

Lun was also strangely annoying for me. Out of Subala and Lun, I think Lun is the worst. She talks annoying, her face is annoying, and...I'm biased towards Subala anyways.

Ulda and Isato were probably my two least favorite characters. Isato's bland personality and devotion to the Oracle really annoyed me, and anything that came out of Ulda's mouth made me want to shoot her.

Edited because I forgot Kyle. Honestly, in fifteen years, he'll be dead from AIDS and I won't care.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: