Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Nash?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Nash? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There seems to be alot of information on Nash around. I played though Suikoden 3, but I have seen none of this... where/when is it revealed, or is it a bonus story like Luc's (which I haven't gotten to yet)?

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nash is the main character of two games: Suikogaiden Volume 1 and Suikogaiden Volume 2. They are text-based adventure game (with images) revolving around Nash's quest during and after Dunan Unification War. He encountered and interacted with many Suikoden characters throughout the games.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahhhh... I had heard about those games before and knew bits and pieces of it... I just hadn't heard the main story, apparantly. @.@

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

unless you can read japanese don't bother with trying to figure it out since you won't be able to read it or play the games if your able to. sucks that those wern't released in the u.s.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Scar

Scar's Scourge

24083 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He is a pretty important character that many people don't know about.

He had a super strong weapon which he discards prior to the events of S3.

Grosser Fluss, a snake sword (think of Ivy's weapon) which makes Nash lose grip of reality and makes him unable to determine friend or foe on the battlefield. It is a highly deadly weapon that secretes poison from the tip of the blade. He puts it in hiding as, he could never really use it around others or there would be far too many casualties.

He is highly proficient in many weapons. (something it seems is uncommon in the world of Suikoden.)

He is assumed to be wed to Sierra, from S2, but..... for all we know that could just be a rumor. He does however mention that he has a missus. (Sierra and interact for awhile in the first Gaiden.)

The name he gave in S3, "Clovis" is an alias. His real sur name, "Latjke" had prestiege in Harmonia before Zaj (his rival) brought the name shame. It appears he gives that alias so that he can stay in the shadows for his real purpose, which was an informer to Bishop Sasarai. It also seems that his name was cleared of charges after the events of S3.

He does interact with tons of Suikoden characters in the Gaidens, from beating Seed and Culgan at the same time, to killing a Golden Wolf, to helping Futch save Bright, to going back in time with Viki...

He has done numerous things which affect the plot as we know it, but it seemed that a text based game was not on the top of Konami's list to give us. So we never received and prolly never will get these games.

Suikosource has a good section reagrding the two games.

and can prolly describe his journeys better then I can.

with my jibba jabba....hehehe. Hope that helped some!
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Erm, I dont want to know any of this, I just wanted to know where I could find more out about him. I'll be playing the Suikogaden games once I learn to read Japanese or work up enough strength to download a translated version of the game.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
or work up enough strength to download a translated version of the game.

chances of any thing like that happening is very very very slim to nothing. only way is if some one made a english script of actually happens.

Dew Dust

2127634 Potch
200 Soldiers
104 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quick question--are the advantures of Nash considered by Konami as truly part of the Suikoden history? In other words, is it true to the story of the Suikoden world as we know it in the games or is it just some extra saga for fun and not considered truly part of the Suikoden Story? I hope I make sense ^^

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
Quote:

chances of any thing like that happening is very very very slim to nothing. only way is if some one made a english script of actually happens.

I'm sure SOMEONE has translated the game for fun somewhere on the interweb. They did it with the first star ocean. and if not, as I said, when I finish learning Japanese, I'll play it in its original language (My goal is to be able to play the last Suikoden game in Japanese.)

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dew Dust wrote:
Quick question--are the advantures of Nash considered by Konami as truly part of the Suikoden history? In other words, is it true to the story of the Suikoden world as we know it in the games or is it just some extra saga for fun and not considered truly part of the Suikoden Story? I hope I make sense ^^

As far as I know it is considered canon, as Nash also mentioned Sierra's name with some additional harmless verbal abuse in Suikoden 3, implying their "love-and-hate" relationship in Suikogaiden Volume 1.

As for the translation: I am pretty sure that there is none whatsoever within the interweb. I have been searching for it for years myself. I think it is because that SuikoGaiden is not that popular to begin with; thereare few English-speaking people who have played it and even fewer who are willing to translate it.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Buff wrote:
Quote:

I'm sure SOMEONE has translated the game for fun somewhere on the interweb. They did it with the first star ocean. and if not, as I said, when I finish learning Japanese, I'll play it in its original language (My goal is to be able to play the last Suikoden game in Japanese.)

well if there was a translated version suikosource would surly have it. since they don't then i doubt there is one. but hey it can be possible.

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scrooge McDuck wrote:
Dew Dust wrote:

As far as I know it is considered canon, as Nash also mentioned Sierra's name with some additional harmless verbal abuse in Suikoden 3, implying their "love-and-hate" relationship in Suikogaiden Volume 1.

As for the translation: I am pretty sure that there is none whatsoever within the interweb. I have been searching for it for years myself. I think it is because that SuikoGaiden is not that popular to begin with; thereare few English-speaking people who have played it and even fewer who are willing to translate it.

I know someone who has played it though... says there is a crucial scene between Yuber and Pesemerga at some point.

Well, I'll just have to keep my hopes up that it will come out one day, and if not, I'll see if I can do it myself. >:]

2127634 Potch
200 Soldiers
104 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I do not recall the mention of Sierra's name in Suikoden III otherwise, I would have been confused then with wondering who is Sierra since I played III before II. I do remember him mentioning about a 'love-hate' relationship, but it was never mentioned to whom he was married to hence only speculations.
I am still not sure if Nash's stories count since it was during the Dunan Unification War and yet Nash was not mentioned or the crazy advantures as I have seen in images and in the openings of both gaidens in Suikoden II *still confused*

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed... the speculation that Sierra is his wife is in the same section that says Humphrey is his wife... >.>;;

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well the speculation of sierra is his wife is the best one out there and is the most likely correct one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: