Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Questions about the ending * SPOILERS*
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Questions about the ending * SPOILERS* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Phew I finally beat Suikoden V, this week, I took enough eh? I just wanted to level up decent, and recruit all 108 SODs, but I can honesty say Suikoden V was totally worth it, I completely loved it, no question about it.

Now I can finally get started on Kingdom Hearts II, lol.

But something I don't understand, right, during the ending when Lyon almost died.. which I almost felt sad if she did, you see Arshtat, Sialeeds, Ferid, Gizel, Zahak, Marscal, Alenia, Dilber and Luger, does this mean they were'nt really bad guys, because that looked like a Disney moment to me?

I guess perhaps they were never entirely bad, but did by any means, what they thought was in the vest interest for Falena.

and I wonder why Salum was in that sceen? I'm sure people who beg to differ and may not agree with me when I say this.. but I dont think Salum was such a bad guy, he was greedy as hell, yes, but at least he didnt try to annihiliate Beavers and Dwarves, attack the Royal Family and such.

It could be possible also that on Kyle's journey abroad, he ran into Viktor and influenced him.

I wonder if Shoon, ever met uyp with Morgan, but then again Shoon may not even recognize him now?

Shoon in my opinion would have been a fine canadiate for Lym's future husband as a Queen's Knight commander, who would you think she should marry?
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Get Bad Ending #1 then think about your opinion on Barows.
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well now that I played through again, I see just why..Barows stole the Dawn Rune, leading Arshtat to believe that Rovere had it all along.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Barows wasn't that good of a guy, but he still I liked him. He was very animated during the cut scences which made him stand out.

Plus Suikoden rarely ever has anyone who is just "Evil" they all have their own reasons so that the player can see that nothing is black and white.

Either way I loved the ending for the game. Hero V was easily the most animated slient hero in Suikoden! I loved when he talked during the end (Even if you couldn't hear him ^^).

Hopefully the next games will continue with the great way they told the story in V.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
seira

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are Lyon and Prince married in the ending??
LadyNite

63615 Potch
3 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

huuuhuuuuu i love the ending verymuch.....got good one with 70 gameplay searching until the last SOD ! Heheheheheh yes there is no black and white in Suikoden every crime has it own reason...btw i look that Barrows minus Lucerina as Luca ! They are all mean ! Hate them , but Euram is a bit funny !
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uh..no the Prince and Lyon never get married lol, where did you get that from?

Anyway, yeah I agree, and the enemy side, was'nt really evil guys, they just did what they thought was the right thing for Falena.

The evil real evil person in Suikoden, would have to be Luca Blight, he was just pure evil.
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

um... i just played the game and saw Georg said that the Prince's parents are dead....
are they really dead?? please tell me... 110% curious :oops:
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, they're dead.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, they're dead. Arshtat killed Ferid, Georg killed Arshtat, so he live on.

As for Viktor-Kyle, maybe when Viktor was a kid, Kyle saved him from some monster, then he gave him an old outfit, which is the yellow one he wore.

Shoon-Lym sounds good as well, I have a feeling that Shoon can handle Lym's energy like the Prince can (or not). Plus that guy fires energy balls from his hands!

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Uh..no the Prince and Lyon never get married *laugh*, where did you get that from?

Never say never. We don't know what happens down the road. But they did NOT get married in the time of the ending..that I am sure.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

i just played the game and saw Georg said that the Prince's parents are dead....

About the timing of that night, if I remember correctly didn't we not see the sun rune light going back to the seal room until everyone was already on the boat to escape? yet the galleon flashback had the sun rune being removed while georg was still holding arshtat... plus in the flashback galleon was really in shock of the queen's death, I assume miakis just ran to protect the princess as soon as she walked into the room which was why she didn't see/hear the conversation between arshtat and georg, but am I suppose to believe that galleon who started to cry and dropped all his gears in the flashback got up in a hurry to go protect the princess as well? also why was georg just walking around aimlessly when he ran into the prince, lyon and saileeds? I remember he was kind of surprised to see them so it wasn't like he was looking for the prince, what was he doing and how was he planning to escape?

Quote:

you see Arshtat, Sialeeds, Ferid, Gizel, Zahak, Marscal, Alenia, Dilber and Luger, does this mean they were'nt really bad guys

I didn't even mind seeing Gizel and Marscal as a part of that even though I agree with many others that there was no need to try so hard to make them seem like good people, Dilger and Luger were loyal generals and they were just doing their jobs so they are fine, but why the hell would Zahak and Alenia be included? at no point did it indicate they knew anything about the godwin's true plans for sure, so they were just follow them blindly after completely betraying everything they stood for. The only thing I can remember that indicated Zahak had any principals was in the very beginning when you talk to him and he said something about: "doing the right thing may not mean getting what you want" or something to that effect, but that hardly justified him for the betrayal and burning down of leclar. Based on Taylor's newspaper it said the main reason Zahak worked with the godwin was because he was basically a relative to them and Alenia just liked the idea that the godwins were stronger while half the time she doesn't even think her decisions through... I don't see any reason why those two jerkoffs deserved to be a part of the ending.

I asked this question in another topic but didn't really get a confirmed answer so I'll ask it again here: what the hell happened to lyon that she almost/did died?
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="jjrrs"]
Quote:

I asked this question in another topic but didn't really get a confirmed answer so I'll ask it again here: what the hell happened to lyon that she almost/did died?

I coudl swear that the Doctor said something about how despite being healed, she needed to take it easy. I just assumed that the fights at the end were enough to re-open her wound, or something.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Vincent Vingerhut

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Questions about the ending * SPOILERS* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zahak wrote:

But something I don't understand, right, during the ending when Lyon almost died.. which I almost felt sad if she did, you see Arshtat, Sialeeds, Ferid, Gizel, Zahak, Marscal, Alenia, Dilber and Luger, does this mean they were'nt really bad guys, because that looked like a Disney moment to me?

I guess perhaps they were never entirely bad, but did by any means, what they thought was in the vest interest for Falena.

I actually hated this scene, I mean having so many people sacrifice their lives for power and ideals these people had and then to show them off in the end as some martyrs of new Falena. I dont want to point out that these people are particulary evil (although Marscal and Gizel are partly and totally evil for planning Genocide or ethinic cleansing) but the combination that they have to depict them in the end when the struggle is over, with happy faces in idealized spirits is not right IMHO. It would be more suitable if we didnt see any of them in the end.

Let the Dead Bury Their Dead
Calista Suphina

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

err... Is it just me, or was Arsthat still wearing the sun rune even though she became a spirit in the ending? She still had that sun rune emblem on her forehead O.o didn't that leave when she died?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: