Suikoden Unique and Illusional Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The WHAT IFs of Suikoden
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: The WHAT IFs of Suikoden Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just recently got a book called "What If?", which looks at what effect a small change can have on history, such as "What if Alexander had died early in his campaigns?", and then show how different things would have been. It got me to thinking: this could work for Suikoden. Here's one I thought up myself, if you want to suggest others I'd be glad to do them too.

WHAT IF Chris had decided not to go to Iksay with Percival?

When Chris is invited to the Festival at Iksay by Percival, she'd been exhausted and pushed to the brink. She went to get some rest, but we all know how that turned out. But, what if she decided to stay at Brass Castle and rest? Things could have changed RADICALLY.

First, Iksay would have been completely destroyed. Chris, Nash, and Percival were able to hold off the Grasslanders for a while, and that was key. It is doubtful that Percival would've survived that fight alone for his hometown.

Nash would've never met Chris (or at least, in a productive way). When Nash notices that Chris isn't in Iksay, he has no reason to be there, so he'd probably set out and not get stuck in tha attack. It is doubtful that he would be able to persuade Chris to go anywhere with him if he DID see her later, Zexen would have been on full wartime status by then.

Salome's coup would've never occurred. Salome needed to discredit the counselors that were working with Harmonia by making them fools at Budehuc. No assault on Budehuc could've happened in the first place, as any Zexen force would be moving through enemy territory with Iksay destroyed. Moreover, it should be noted that Chris is a major thorn in his side to attempt the coup. Most likely she would try to stop Salome if he tried, Zexen would be in great peril and Chris would understand that any destabilization would've made things worse.

In the doubtful event that Chris helps Salome, the coup may well turn into a full scale Revolution. Chris is totally loved by the people, her fame wouldn't allow her to make small political maneuvers, any challenge she makes to the council would probably spark a HUGE response. Either way, Zexen is full of hatred towards the Grasslanders (for killing Percival and destroying Iksay) and unprepared for what is to come...

Chisha villaga falls. Without Chris there, the defense fails. Harmonia overruns all of Eastern Grassland. Sana is most likely dead or captured. Hugo arrives to a burnt village and returns to the Great Hollow empty handed. Geddoe arrives at the Flame Champion Hideaway, and is intercepted by the Destroyers. He is killed, as they totally overwhelm him (if he's even ABLE to get the true Fire rune).

Grassland and Zexen continue to war ferociously even as Harmonia closes in. Their hordes of soldiers are easily able to overrun the Duck clan, as most of their forces are fighting off the enraged Zexens. The Zexens, meanwhile, continue to fight the Grasslanders, refusing any alliance, except for a try with Harmonia. But Harmonia is unlikely to keep any agreement, they can smell an easy kill when they see it...

With the invading Harmonians as cover, the Destroyers go and retrieve the True Water Rune. Luc then takes Sasarai's rune in the same manner as in the game. With all the needed runes, Luc begins his ceremony and Grassland, (and possibly the continent) is annihalated.

All because Chris didn't feel like taking a ride to taste Percival's Mom's Potato Salad.

Thanks for reading all that.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:lol: That was good.
camus_greenhill

Office of the Merchant Guild Secretary

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Could you possibly come up with any more? That was very good!
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everything has a what if. What if George Bush wasn't elected. There could be many good and bad things from that. (if he wasn't elected it would be mostly good things, I know. ^_^).

But yeah, thats was amazing, I have to give you a congratulations. :wink:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fine, I'll give it a shot as well. What if Jowy never got caught by Luca Blight.

First of all, Jowy would be back in Muse along with Riou and Nanami not as a Highland spy. Everyone happy so far.

Then Annabelle wouldn't get assassinated, Muse's gate wouldn't have been opened and Highland soldiers couldn't do surprise attack to Muse. After a few days, the reinforcement arrived and helped out Muse to successfully defend the city from Highland's attack.

After a good 2 weeks or so, Highland's army would run out of ration. So they would be forced to retreat back to Highland territory to restock their supply. On the other side of the area, Tinto would still ignore Muse's cry for help because they were too busy dealing with their own issues (Grasslanders, vampires, Lilly's bratty requests, The Lampdragon bandits, etc). Two River would also be hesitant to help out because they were too lazy and might have internal problem to deal with instead. While Matilda would definitely not help because they only care about their own territory. Greenhill on the other hand would love to help, but then realized that they didn't really have great soldiers to fight. S.Window would help out, but would still be worried about Toran Republic.

Highland army would later come back with another attempt to attack and take over Muse. Despite losing the mercenary, they still have plenty of soldiers left and easily outnumbered the Jowston army. This time around, Luca Blight would be involved in the major battle and ended up destroying the whole Jowston Army. Not too long after all that, the important characters (Riou, Jowy, Nanami, Fliktor, Annabelle, Hauser, Fitcher, Jess, Leona, PILIKA, etc) would be dead and Matilda would be the next target. Matilda would be defeated easily due to no help from other states, and Greenhill wouldn't stand a chance. Two River's three races would unite and battle the Highland bravely but obviously no match to the superior army. S.Window would offer little resistance and most likely surrender and got finished with the same scenario of Granmeyer being executed.

Now the problem is Tinto. Gustav had no chance whatsoever, his back up are only the bandits, a scholar, and his daughter. So he got defeated easily, and Tinto fell down to Highland. The problem would start to occur when Neclord come to picture. Hmm, Jillia would be perfect to be his #73 or so bride. Luca Blight would fight against Neclord and they might ended up killing each other. After all that, no one would contain Beast Rune and it would soon be released or decided to release itself to devour all the people's soul.

End result: Dunan destroyed totally.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The first one was really good... The second one, well actually, the story could have gone on as per normal when Highland attacks for the second time. I don't see why all those important people would die. They can still escape and head down to southwindow and everything went as per normal.

But eventually, Dunan will still fall because they would not have a chance to kill Luca Blight since Jowy wouldn't meet Leon, and they wouldn't be able to consipire to kill Luca Blight.

Then again, another alternative would be that Agares realised how evil his son is and stop him since without Jowy, Luca wouldn't be able to kill Agares.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The first one was great the second was also very good.
Very interesting 'what if's'.
Anyone elce fel like giving it a shot??
I would........but i am not good a writing stories like that! :roll:
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the support everybody. I'll write another one soon when I can think of one. I'll make a seperate topic for that.

Sinocard wrote:
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think you should just post it in this topic. Not much sense in making a whole nother topic when you got this one. I think I'll try and write one too, have to think of a good topic though...

Edit: Ok, heres mine...

What if Sara Blight had never been raped by Muse ruffians?

First, Luca would never have been traumatized. Jillia would never have been born. Sara would never become sick and eventually die in Kyaro, and Luca would never have left the castle on a rampage to Kyaro to see his mother, only to find that she didn't even recognize him. Luca wouldn't be the bloodthirsty hound he was and he wouldn't hate Jowston as much as he did. He wouldn't be known throughout the land as the "Mad Prince". He would probably still have had a bad relationship with his father, as Agares really wasn't a good father to him. Luca would never have destroyed the Unicorn Brigade to make a reason for the Dunan-Unification war.

Riou and Jowy would have spent the rest of their days serving in the Unicorn Brigade until they reached adulthood, then who knows what would have happened. Maybe they would of served in the regular army. They would have never gotten the Black Sword and Bright Shield Runes.

Agares would never have been murdered, thus Highland and the City-State would have remained peaceful and the treaty would have remained intact. Anabelle would never have died and would have remained leader of the City-State. Granmeyer would have never died and he would have lead South Window until the day he died. Gorudo and the Matilda Knights would have remained corrupted.

When Neclord attacks Tinto, Gustav would have called for help from the other City-States. Word of it would reach Viktor and he would go fetch the Star Dragon Sword and meet Kahn, head to Tinto and meet Sierra, and destroy Neclord.

Tinto would still have broken off from the City-States. There would never be the High East Rebellion.

I think I covered pretty much everything...

End result: No Suikoden 2, among other things.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... I'll give it a shot..

What if Chaco hadn't stole Fitcher's wallet in the winger's section?

If Chaco hadn't stole his wallet, Fitcher wouldn't have forced Riou to chase after Chaco. If they didn't chase after Chaco, they wouldn't find the secret passageway to the Kobold village. If they didn't find the sewers, they would not have been able to enter Kobold village to find out the cause of Ridley's anger. They would just be barred at the kobold village entrance.

When Kiba's third army came, the humans and wingers would still help fight, but Ridley probably won't even come to the entrace and hear Riou talk about protecting Two River. If that occur, Two River wouldn't be able to hold out with just humans and wingers. The kobolds from the south wouldn't ride up to help either sinc Ridley is stubborn. Untimately, Two River will fall. Eventually, the highland army will also attack the kobold section, and alone, Ridley will possibly be slain there and then. Even if Riou manages to escape, Two River would have fallen.

So the war goes on, but without Ridley. Without Ridley, many problems would arise. Shu's tactic of faking the internal strife between kobolds and humans in the battle agaist Kiba would not be possible. Ridley's sudden appearence at the flanks to attac Kiba would not be possible. Thus, Kiba might not have lost to the army. Even if they did eventually, with another of Shu's tactic, he might not join the army either due to the fact that Klaus would not be convinced that Riou is so great.

Without these two great generals, Kiba and Ridley, many events would not occur. Ultimately, the Dunan army would lose. Luca will slaughter them all before they even have a chance to kill him. Dunan will be no more, and Highland will take over, and be ruled under Luca. Jowy's ploy to kill Luca would not have a chance to suceed.

So lets all thank Chaco for stealing Fitcher's wallet.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: The WHAT IFs of Suikoden Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lunarblade wrote:
Nash would've never met Chris (or at least, in a productive way).

I thought that Salome hired Nash. As you said, Chris would have interrupted Salome's plan to hinder the corrupt Council Members, but Salome surely must have eyes and ears everywhere! If Chris stayed at Brass Castle, Nast would have probably met her there, escaping from the assault at Iksay Vilage. And then he would give some info about the True Water Rune, and hint that Wyatt Lightfellow was involved with it.

OR....

Nash would hide out at Iksay Village, and Chris would lead a battalion to fight against the Lizards, Lucia and Jimba. Chris would have her duel with Jimba and she would encounter Nash there in the aftermath. And then things would resume as it should.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: The WHAT IFs of Suikoden Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
Lunarblade wrote:
Nash would've never met Chris (or at least, in a productive way).

I thought that Salome hired Nash. As you said, Chris would have interrupted Salome's plan to hinder the corrupt Council Members, but Salome surely must have eyes and ears everywhere! If Chris stayed at Brass Castle, Nast would have probably met her there, escaping from the assault at Iksay Vilage. And then he would give some info about the True Water Rune, and hint that Wyatt Lightfellow was involved with it.

OR....

Nash would hide out at Iksay Village, and Chris would lead a battalion to fight against the Lizards, Lucia and Jimba. Chris would have her duel with Jimba and she would encounter Nash there in the aftermath. And then things would resume as it should.

I'm almost absolutely sure that Salome didn't hire Nash...I could be wrong though.

Regardless, my point is that it wouldn't matter if Nash had met Chris after that point. She would be more worried about Zexen being overrun than a possible wild goose chase with some random stranger.

Sinocard wrote:
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kobold wrote:
So lets all thank Chaco for stealing Fitcher's wallet.

A few key flaws, though. For one, the Kobolds did not make the difference between victory and defeat (Kiba mentions this when they finally charge onto the field)-- it was the volunteer forces from Kobold Village and the Dunan Army from the east that changed the tide.

After Kiba was routed, Ridley would understand that it was merely a ploy, and join Hero 2's cause. From then on, everything would pretty much play out the same. Besides, once they saw Makai speak with Kiba and Klaus, the party would have been able to piece together what had happened, and thus would have spoken to Ridley at the entrance of the district the next day (like what happened in-game).

So, no thanks, I'm still content with badmouthing Chaco.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Thus, Kiba might not have lost to the army. Even if they did eventually, with another of Shu's tactic, he might not join the army either due to the fact that Klaus would not be convinced that Riou is so great.

I could be wrong here, but as far as I remembered, the reason why Kiba and Klaus joined Jowston was because of Luca killing Agares. Since Kiba had always been more loyal to Agares than to Luca, that was sort of the last straw for him. It was just unacceptable to them for the son to kill the father like that. So I guess those two characters would still join Jowston regardless of Riou being great or not. They just wanted to end Luca's madness.

Quote:
Ultimately, the Dunan army would lose. Luca will slaughter them all before they even have a chance to kill him. Dunan will be no more, and Highland will take over, and be ruled under Luca. Jowy's ploy to kill Luca would not have a chance to suceed.

I honestly don't see why not though. Jowy would still be there working from the inside. He would still have Leon, and Leon would still be able to come to N.Window to plot the surprise attack during the night raid. So I think Luca would still be killed there and then as well.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

camus_greenhill

Office of the Merchant Guild Secretary

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll give one a try. This may contain SPOILERS!!!!!!!

What if Thomas had not refused to leave Budehuc Castle with Leo and Percival?

If the young castle lord had forsaken the cries of his friends and went with the two knights the following would have happend.

Cecile, not wanting to loose Thomas, would try and keep him back by force. This would have annoyed the knights, but would eventually lead to them trying to use violence to stop her. Cecile would more than likely be injured by the knights, or worse, causing Juan, Muto, Piccolo, and possibly the others to try and fight off the knights. Despite Thomas's cries to stop, the knights would have the band of misfits arrested and carted back to Brass Castle to await trial for treason.

Meanwhile, the new Flame Champion has just been revealed to be (in this scenario) Hugo of the Karaya clan. The scenes in the game go as normal, up to the point where they decide where to house the new army. Without Thomas there to suggest Budehuc, the delegates begin to squabble amongst themselves about which location would be best.

In the end, they choose to have the force split between the Great Hollow, with Hugo leading that half, and Brass Castle, with Chris leading. This separation of the force causes a breakdown in communication between the forces, leading to a lack of coordination between the two. When Brass Castle is attacked by the Destroyers, they cannot get a message to Great Hollow, so their forces are devistated by the onslaught. Eventually the Destroyers lay waste to the Great Hollow to retrieve the remaining True Runes. Luc performs his ritual, and devistation is sent all the way to the northern edge of the Toran Republic.

All of this was due to the fact that Thomas decided not to stand up for himself.

--I apologize for any loopholes in logic or continuity. This is my first try at something like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: