Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Speculation Competition
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Suikoden Speculation Competition Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In a gesture that shows the SuikoX admins do listen to you peons- I mean, the regular forum members, we're taking the suggestion of a member and reviving a concept that lived long before the current nation system was in place. For those that remember the house system that existed prior to SuikoX, it's based on that idea but not quite the same.

For those that weren't around then, I'll explain. The house system split members into different houses, much like the nations you're all in now. The task charged to each house was to come up with the most ridiculously outlandish speculation possible and present it with enough proof and circumstantial evidence that the idea couldn't be proven false. Other houses could challenge these speculations and present their reasons as to why they feel a particular article couldn't possibly be true, and it was up to the original house to defend their article. There was a points system involved, but that's irrelevant to this incarnation of the speculation competition so I'll not expound on that.

Anyway, like I said earlier, we've decided to revive that in a sense. This time, however, there won't be any challenges from other nations. Instead, I'll be the judge and each nation that wants to participate will send me their article. There will be rewards for the best speculations; what they are have yet to be decided, but a couple possibilities at this point are large amounts of potch or even a brand new region.

I'll reward outlandishness too. The more inane and nonsensical your speculation the better, as long as you can back up your theory.

There's no deadline at the moment, but I'll post here when we come up with one.

Questions?

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What is the criteria for a good speculation? The detailed one, please. Do you count good grammar and uh semi-colon (a Grasslandish joke)?

Is there any spoiler restriction? In case somebody put information from Suikoden V for his/her speculation.

EDIT : How many speculation that each Nation allowed to send to be contested?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good grammar is a plus, but it's not entirely necessary. As long as the article makes sense, I'll accept it.

Spoil any and everything you want. I'm playing judge and jury of these things and I've finished Suikoden V.

One speculation per nation. Anymore and it would get cumbersome for me to keep up with.

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Awesome, I am glad this is happening. Beware the wrath of Kooluk fellow nations, for we are masters of the absurdity.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A loose deadline of May 31st has been decided on. If anyone needs more time as the deadline approaches, just ask.

I also want to clarify a little bit. While I do award (and encourage) senslessness, originality is also a plus. For example, speculation that a particular character we've seen in a Suikoden game will be the Tenkai Star in a future game, while pretty nonsensical, isn't entirely original. That's not to say such an article couldn't win, just that it would have to be extremely well-written and persuasive; it would have to make me believe that that particular character will end up the hero of a future Suikoden game.

Anything can be speculation. The most important thing is not the topic but the argument.

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Timbo wrote:
Awesome, I am glad this is happening. Beware the wrath of Kooluk fellow nations, for we are masters of the absurdity.

Sounds to me like you're forgetting your roots, Timbo. You KNOW what I'm talking about! ;)
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with you Kalidor. We have entity of Rune of Change in our nation ;) .

Alright, back to topic. Is there any score deduction if we ask more time when the deadline arrive?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1127979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, my roots like in the Queendom of Falena.

'Nuff said.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
Hey, my roots like in the Queendom of Falena.

'Nuff said.

I am unsure to take this comment as a compliment, or an insult. :p

But either way, I think it shows us we have a heads up in this competition! :D

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Calupict wrote:
Alright, back to topic. Is there any score deduction if we ask more time when the deadline arrive?

Nope, I just need to know so I don't give out rewards before I've received all the entries.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can already imagine the speculation from Falena .... True Pineapple Rune is the best True Rune of them all. No chance for other nations to beat that. -_-;

On a serious note, a question, is the reward only for the best one? Or would second place through the last place still got reward but less?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't wait to see the entries from House Blight.

Timbo, Pes, I expect the best out of you two!

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course. Kooluk will have some good entries, you can count on it.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, can't let you all take all the glory. This is stuff I do every day. :P

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Pesmerga wrote:
On a serious note, a question, is the reward only for the best one? Or would second place through the last place still got reward but less?

There might be a reward for one or two runners-up. It depends on how good their entries are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: