Suikoden United and Irenic Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

.hack//Roots
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: .hack//Roots Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

also known as .hack//G.U. for us americans. but i got my hands on the first 2 episodes and so far watched the first episode. well i don't understand it since there's no subtitles, but from what i watch it was pretty good to open it up. the chaos gate has a new design to it to make it look more future like. and they way they draw or put away there weapons is pretty cool. they don't even carry their weapons with them since they are hidden when you put them away. the main character seems to be pretty good, but from the way he was fighting at the end he seemed to be like a new person to the world. they also show at least 4 characters that seem like they will be in every episode. one is a racoon looking type person that meets with the main guy in the middle of the episode. another guy with orange glasses that seems to be a friend of the main guy, some chick with a big fluffy white hat in the middle and she meets the main guy at the end, and some chick with green hair who seems to work for some one where she might be a player killer.

all around it seems like the series is going to be pretty good. can't wait to see the dark kite looking player.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...Is Helba in it? Or Lios?

I think it's .hack//ROOTS in the US, too, or will be. G.U. is the new videogame series, I think.

But admittedly, I haven't been keeping up with .hack for a while.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

G.U. is what it will be called in the u.s.a. as so is the video game apprently. but so far there is no signs if helba or lios will be in it since it takes quite some time after the .hack games and legend of the twilight braclet. but since i'm only on episode 2, there's plenty more episode left in the series. don't know how many since a anime info site only has 4 listed down.

Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

.hack is going online aswell by the way :off topic:

Sorry to go off topic, just thought to inform you, and sorry if this one was indeed the MMORPG one, but I forgot the name :?

Regards
Mister Alucard the vague forum junky

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen both of the episodes out so far (with subtitles) and the series seems pretty good so far. Unfortuantly, I haven't seen any familiar characters except the evil player killing kite seen in the game and opening of the anime. No Helba, Aura, or Balmung yet. Though the story seems interesting, or atleast more interesting then the last two animes' plots (Not that I didn't like them). Basically, there's this guild that's looking for the Key of the Twilight, which many people think don't exist. There also seems to be some kind of opposing guild as well, but not much is known about them at the moment.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what you got subtitles :shock: . i so want if they are in english. :mrgreen:

alucard, your thinking about .hack//fragment which will be the online game version of the .hack series. that won't be coming out until after they release g.u. for the ps2. unless they decide to change the release date.

Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:off topic: Sorry for going off topic once again -_-

But could someone be so helpfull to give me all current and known upcoming .hack games / animes :oops:

I used to be up to date but they release quite fast and my money is limited :D

So far I have:

1. .hack//sign ~ anime about a person who is stuck inside The World
2. .hack//legend of the twilight ~ anime about the initial PS II .hack games
3. .hack//infection and .hack//mutation ~ the main game

I don't know any others 100% :oops:

Regards
Mister Alucard the vague forum junky

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

.hack//sign: mainly about a person name tsukasa who cannot log out of the world.

.hack//infection: first ps2 game
.hack//mutation: second ps2 game
.hack//outbreak: third ps2 game
.hack//quaratine: forth and final ps2 game

.hack//legend of the twilight braclet: pretty much just about a character name shugo and rena who look like kite and blackrose. pretty the same things that happened in the game happen during this series with the whole data bug and braclet.

~coming soon~
.hack//G.U. ps2 game, which will be a three part game from what is said.

.hack//roots aka also .hack//G.U., which is going to be the new anime.

.hack//fragment, which will be the online version of .hack of where you can make your own character and either play with it online and even offline.

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had just finally finished the original series a couple months ago. If there are going to be new games, then I'll have to start downloading those episodes... and I thought that Fragment was just a rumor.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

fragment isn't a rumor, it's the actual thing. currently there are only two episodes that are online of .hack//roots.

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ugh, way too many MMOs out there these days. It was hard enough deciding between Everquest 2 and FFXI. But I don't see how an MMO for .hack will work unless it has no monthly fees.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that's the good point, there will be no monthly fees on fragment from what news has been out on it.

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, nice.

Anyway, back on topic, what kind of timeline is there to this? I mean, is it before or after the original series?

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'll make it easy, it goes.....

.hack//sign, .hack ps2 games, .hack//legends of the twilight braclet, .hack//roots aka G.U., then the .hack//G.U. games.

.hack//roots takes place during the year of 2017, don't remember how many years it takes place after legend of the twilight.

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's eight years, I believe.

Now my concern is that this is just a way of squeezing more money out of the series, which would be unforgivable... because it seemed to all wrap up in the frist series... what more could go wrong?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: