Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hints, Tips and Secrets for Suikoden I, II & III
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Hints, Tips and Secrets for Suikoden I, II & III Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hello fellow members.
My knowledge of Suikoden might not be as great as alot of you so i am
here to ask a few questions!

Can you please give me info on the following questions for all three games
if you please;

Getting easy money?
Secret locations and people to ask to obtain runes?
Quick leveling up? (i know about the Chris lvl99 trick)
And any other info that you think i should know!

Thanks in advance!
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well there is the maktikda trick on s2. where from muse you can "push" the door to enter the maltilda domain;level up to mid forties and obtain futch and humphrey before you even reach kuskus town.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Getting easy money?

S1: At the beginning of the game, go to Rockland and play Marco's mini-game. Bet the smallest amount and keep on betting until around 10 times. Memorize or simply write down which cups are the winners for those 10 bets and quit but don't leave town. Then bet again, but as expensive as you could. Use the same 10 patterns for every 10 bets, and then quit. Repeat until you have the amount of money you want. This only works while Marco is in Rockland if I'm not mistaken.

Another way is to have some money, then play Chinchirorin once you got Gaspar recruited. Save beforehand, and bet 9,999 bits. Keep on doing it until you got 999,999 bits. If you got broke instead, just reload the game and gamble again.

S2: Use the Hans armor shop trick. From Suikosource:
Quote:
Step 1. Have enough money to buy one piece of armor. Go to Hans (your castle's armor shop) with 1 character wearing this piece of armor, and 1 character with no armor.

Step 2. Buy the armor. Select the character wearing the armor. When given a choice to put your current armor in the bag or exhange for potch, choose either one. At the confirmation screen, hit cancel twice.

Step 3. Now select the character who has no armor. Select "yes' at the confirmation screen. Now, select that character again, and choose "Put armor in bag." Now cancel out of all the menus. You should have 999999 potch.

Secret locations and people to ask to obtain runes?

S1: I don't think there is, but could be wrong.

S2: Violence Rune in the bookshelf of a shop in Rockaxe (I think the appraiser shop?)
Exertion Rune in the pot thingy in front of the Kobold Village elder's house.
Friendship Rune in one of the plant pots in S.Window (just to the right of Gantetsu's location).
Kindness Rune in a basket just near the ship in Lakewest.
Alert Rune in a barrel just to the north of the ship in Banner Village.
Blinking Rune, talk to a man in front of Hanzo's mansion in Rokkaku Hamlet.
Rage Rune, talk to the rune teacher in Greenhill after liberating it.
M.Earth Rune, talk to Gustav after finishing the sidequest in Tinto.
Sunbeam Rune, talk to the Crom's village elder after finishing the Tinto sidequest.
Cyclone Rune, talk to Sarah in the 2nd floor of the inn in Gregminster.
Thunder Rune, talk to the Jowston soldier guarding in front of Gorudo's office after liberating Rockaxe.

I think that's about it, not sure if I missed some or not.

Quick leveling up?

S1: Set a turbo controller if you have one, and find a place that you could go to on and on, leave it there and set the controller to press confirm all the time. So once you got to a battle, it'd automatically make your character to attack. Just leave the controller for a few hours or so.

S2: Bring a character at level 39 (or 49 but equip Fortune Rune) to L'Renouille and fight the 6xHighland soldiers (or 5 Highland Soldiers and 1 Commander? Not sure) and make sure that that one character is the sole survivor of the battle (so you must KO Riou as well if he's not that character), and that character's level would jumpt to 99.

Or as mentioned by Eggith, you could use the Matilda trick earlier in the game to level up until around 35-40.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not really a trick per se, but in Suikoden 3 the best way to get money/runes/loot/experience is to fight the treasure bosses in each area. They respawn every half hour I believe, so you can do them all in order and come back to the original and he'll be there.

Oh, the lottery works well in S3 as well. Just save before you check the tickets, if you don't win a big prize just soft reset and try again.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In S1, there are certain characters who join at a so many levels before the hero. So if your at level 1, there is no level 0 and it will go to 99. This means you have to make sure Tir dies every battle and then you can finish it. This can make duels very hard but there is a way to get around it. In the very beginning when you go to Sarady and you have to cross Mount Tigerwolf (I think thats the one, its got snow all over and it has the inn with the bandits Ledon and Kessler) fight the blue snails there they will randomly drop defense rune pieces. So keep fighting until you have about 6 or 7 of these and after that just keep them and do not use them. Then when you go to Pannu Yakuta after you save in the castle before the boss fight use all the stones. You will then fight the dragon boss and after that you'll duel with Kwanda. You're going to lose the duel without a doubt. When the screen comes with "Don't Give Up" and "Don't Give Up", choose Don't Give Up. You will start over from your last save. The boosts you got in defense from using the stones will still be there, but the stones will still be there in your inventory. Keep repeating this until you finally beat Kwanda in the duel, but after that reload your save and do it one last time, this time without using the stones before the battle so that you can save them for future use, since you can never get that many again. I don't remember having trouble with any of the duels after that one, just make sure you have the best armor and your weapon is sharpened as high as possible. I also used a duel guide for the duels, it will help a lot. I don't remember which or how many characters join at level 99 using the trick, but I'll go check my game in a little while and I'll post what I find.

Edit: Ok, after looking at my list of party characters, I've discovered that there a whopping 5 characters who join at level 99 using this trick. They are Kuromini, Sheena, Kirke, Sarah, and Gon. Quite disappointing, seeing as how I never even use these characters. I think I'll make a party with all of them and see how much they own. However, I will say that having a level 63 Sheena in Suikoden 2 with all rune slots open when your heroes level is in the early-mid forties is quit nice.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To get unlimited Fury Runes in S3, be sure to fight the Bronze Sun enemies(large floating men) in the Ancient Highway during Hugo`s chapter 3. But Kidd(the detective) in your party to increase your chances of getting them.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for all your help!

Nice to see that you didnt recognise me Eggith! :(
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bugg wrote:
Getting easy money?

S1: At the beginning of the game, go to Rockland and play Marco's mini-game. Bet the smallest amount and keep on betting until around 10 times. Memorize or simply write down which cups are the winners for those 10 bets and quit but don't leave town. Then bet again, but as expensive as you could. Use the same 10 patterns for every 10 bets, and then quit. Repeat until you have the amount of money you want. This only works while Marco is in Rockland if I'm not mistaken.

Actually, you can use this trick when Marco is in your castle, but it is somewhat hard to memorize every winning cup since he use three, four or even more patterns while in your castle (I think).

I only wrote down two patterns and money weren't problem at all in Suikoden 1, so here is an explanation on how you do it:

1- Go to Marco and bet on 100 or 1000 (the easiest for you) for around 25 turns (you can do more than 25 turn, so just keep writing until you get tired).

2- Go bet again on 100 or 1000 for 3 turns and see if he uses the same pattern or not, if he does then quit and try again but if he doesn't then just keep on writing which is the wining cup for 25 turns or more (the second pattern).

3- After writing two ways of pattern (if you have the time write more than two ways), go once more and bet on 5000 for 3 turns and see if it matches any of the patterns you wrote earlier.

If you see that it is the same thing then keep on betting, but if it isn't the same then quit and try again until it matches one of the patterns that you wrote.

This trick consumes a lot of money and time (be careful).

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still consider playing Chinchirorin with Gaspar is far quicker for money making in the original Suikoden... ha.
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, but you can do Marco's trick in the beginning of the game in Rockland. Building up 250,000 bits or so that early will make the early weapon/armor upgradings much easier to reach.

Its kind of useless do actually do in your castle though because you might as well just use Gaspar, plus Marco uses more patterns in the castle....in Rockland once you figure out the first 10, you can just keep redoing those and it'll work every time.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
I still consider playing Chinchirorin with Gaspar is far quicker for money making in the original Suikoden... ha.

Yeah I agree with you on that, it is more quicker in a way... but in the first place it really depends on how patience you might be, for me when I try to play Chinchirorin it always ends with screaming, yelling, or sometimes even breaking the disc (the game is such a nerve breaker).

Therefore, I would much prefer to go to the tiresome mini-game of Marco and get bored to death than to play with Gasper and lose control or become insane from losing a lot to him (I really have bad luck with him).

Anyway, it really depends on what way you prefer to gain money with (I prefer Marco). :)

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only have one tip that I haven't seen posted anywhere else, probably because it's kind of worthless, but I find it helpful for the way that I like to play the game:

1: If you're going to be doing the Matilda glitch, then don't forget to grab Hans so you can buy good armor right when your castle opens up.
You will be able to go to Two River(and thus the inn where Hans is located) after highland takes Muse, but before you leave the area for south window.

You go through the Matilda section, then down to Two River(the Kobold will now let you in), then to get back to the Muse area you go to the South Window area, and then to the Merc. Fort. area, and then back to muse area.
You can also pick up Oulan during that round trip, but you have to have only Nanami in your party, and not the Circus performers(Bolgan, Rina, & Ellie) since Bolgan is a male and you won't be jumped by the stooges then.

But I would also do this with the circus poeple, just so their levels and armor will be better.
If you go with the circus crew, you have to go with them before you board Tai Ho's boat, but after you beat him gambling, and get Rina & them to join your party.

The Hans trick came in handy for a couple of times, but it is not really nessecary, because you get to go to Two Rivers shortly after you obtain your castle anyway.
But, heh.

Last edited by Snowe Vingerhut on Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
If you go with the circus crew, you have to go with them before you board Yai Ho's boat, but after you beat him gambling, and get Rina & them to join your party.

That's Tai Ho btw. No character named Yai Ho though we have Hai Yo the chef. Damn, I'm just confusing you even more, aren't I? hee hee

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Snowe Vingerhut

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Typo...
My bad...

Corrected!
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Argh, just realized that "Y" is indeed close to "T" and was a typo instead of you confusing Tai Ho with Hai Yo X_X Sorry about that.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: