Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Is it even possible? (s2)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Is it even possible? (s2) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it even possible to get a technically "perfect" game in Suikoden 2? That means both 108 stars before the final battle AND Clive's side-quest in the same game.

I'd be willing to pay to see that happen, actually.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've done it once but I'll never attempt it again. Any further excursions at a perfect game include cheats to freeze the time for me.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With or without the Matilda leveling glitch?
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes it is...(though it's easy if you have a game shark to freeze time).

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Possible?

Yes.

Recommended?

No.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did it on my second playthrough, and didn't have that rough a time with it. Then I tried to do it on my third playthrough and got owned. I think it was because my first two were almost back to back, so I knew exactly what I was doing.

Heh, and after Clive's quest finished I just starting getting recipes and doing cooking games and leveling up characters and ended up adding about 10 hours onto my game.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had a pretty easy time of it when I did it.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: Is it even possible? (s2) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Is it even possible to get a technically "perfect" game in Suikoden 2? That means both 108 stars before the final battle AND Clive's side-quest in the same game.

it's very easy to get all 108 stars when you need to and do clive's sidequest in time. before i'm at the final place i'm usually between 16-18 hours with all 108 stars and clive's sidequest done.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Zamza

Fire Dragon Cavaliers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know Coketastic told me he did it before, not sure if I belioeve him though. He's one of those shifty characters. I've never really tried to do it myself, I've only done one or the other. Although when I did do Clive's subquest I remember making it with plenty of time left over, so I could probably do it with everyone if I tried again.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not really difficult at all. You simply have to either not care about the dialogue and skip through it all, or be able to read through it at lightning speed. Either way, it helps if you've played the game so much that you have it nearly memorized.

Anyway, I have done it, with all one hundred and eight Stars of Destiny and Clive's Quest (and even the Cooking sidequest) complete, in less than fifteen hours. The thing is, I didn't really think it that strenuous. Of course, it was my second time doing so; the first time, I got to Sajah Village with literally less than two minutes on the clock. (I hope you believe me, Zamza. Am I one of those "shifty characters"? :D)

However, to have a completely perfect game, in the sense of having done literally everything, wouldn't you also have to have done the one hundred and eight battles atop the cliff in the beginning of the game? Now that might make achieving the perfect game more difficult. I'm sure it could be done, but it might make some of those time limits for Clive's events much tighter.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Camus the Noble wrote:
It's not really difficult at all. You simply have to either not care about the dialogue and skip through it all, or be able to read through it at lightning speed. Either way, it helps if you've played the game so much that you have it nearly memorized.

since i pretty much know what they said in the dialouges i can always skip through it fast.

Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes it is possible, but i don't recommend it like many others..you won't have much fun stressing you with trying to complete this game to 100 % in one play-through..

i've done it the third or 4 th time i played it, i already knew everything in it so it wasn't that difficult..
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, I've beaten the game 3 times by now, so that's not a problem. I was just wondering if that was a reasonable goal to set for my perfectonist friend at some point for fun. If it is as do-able as you say, I might do it instead.

What's with the 108 battles thing?

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Remember when you and Jowy were supposed to jump into the river at Tenzan Pass? Well if you keep refusing to do so, Rowd will eventually send some soldiers after you. This is obviously a battle.

Now, you have to keep doing this and get into 108 battles. After that, you make the decision to jump into the river. The reward is a colored version of the flashback that ensues. You know, the one with the credits?

Be warned that if you do this, unless you cheat, it's impossible to complete the Clive side quest. That takes up way too much time. If you want to see it, just use a different file.

Edit: (Wait, isn't that in the beginning? So you'd have to do the whole name entry thing I guess.)

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes that is in the begining. i say within the first 5-10 minutes of the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: