Suikoden United and Illegal Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fishing Mini-Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vspirit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm i read in another forum that it's byakks feeding (regardless of whether you've recruited her or not) but when i had it happen to me, i honestly tot it was a gigantic sting ray...byakks never once entered my tots. xDDD tho i suppose her having a cobra-like head does explain the width at the top...but i had liked the idea that it's a big giant sting-ray...so everyone in the castle can have a feast...
Baggins

Brotherhood of the White Wolf

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In regards to the big-sized fish, I've noticed that the more fish for Shun Min's aquarium you provide (you can get different fish babies, although the only one I've been able to find as yet is the "baby Sturgeon," which I bought at a store, and I can't recall which.), the more often the big-sized fish turn out to be actual fish and not just boots, etc. Does anyone else know where to get more baby fish? (And do octopi and such count in that?)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

here's a list of all the fish you can buy from town's.

Baby Carp - Haud Village Item Shop
Baby Eel - Beaver Lodge Item Shop
Baby Sturgeon - Sauronix Castle Item Shop
Baby Salmon - Lelcar Item Shop
Baby Puffer Fish - Nirva Island Item Shop

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And what about the ones you CAN'T get from towns?
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

not sure if you get them from monsters. but i know if you have resto or shun min in your party some monsters may drop some stuff for resto to use for his kitchen.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to put this out there [and because I could have sworn I weighed in on this last year], you can see Byakyuren in the bottom of the lake while you fish. She rocks the boat and you can't do anything until it stops rocking.

Also, there's some super gigantic fish that even Admiral Raja comments on because it's so rare. [Yes, I have wasted away entire afternoons on the phone with people while playing the fishing game - it really is relaxing and a good way to make money.] I've gotten it once too. I don't know if anyone else here has gotten it. I'm in the middle of playing through 5 again, so we'll see if once I get the fishing game, I get the super rare fish again.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do recall catching a very large fish one time and never catching something like it again, so I'm assuming that it was the same fish you're thinking of. I really can't remember much about it. Yeah, this fishing game was the best one, I spent hours just enjoying the competition. I usually didn't win, but I was more interested in catching the armor or other stuff so I could sell it and make more money than what I'd get for winning the fishing competition.

~Uguu!~
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
not sure if you get them from monsters. but i know if you have resto or shun min in your party some monsters may drop some stuff for resto to use for his kitchen.

I don't think you get baby fish from that, though, don't you? I know you can pick up items, bu I thought they were already completed items. I think the only baby fish you can get are the ones from the different sellers around Falena.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only known to be able to buy the fish from the various merchants, I don't recall getting them via a drop or anything. On a side note, it would be in a person's best interest NOT to give the fish to Shun Min. The more variety in fish you have in the game, the less your chances are of catching potch generating items. If you don't particularly care about making money off the game, then feel free, just something to keep in mind if you want to make money.

~Uguu!~
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never seen this legandary fish you spoke about, boo!
I guess maybe there's a certain condition to be able to catch it then.

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Geddoe wrote:
Just to put this out there [and because I could have sworn I weighed in on this last year], you can see Byakyuren in the bottom of the lake while you fish. She rocks the boat and you can't do anything until it stops rocking.

Also, there's some super gigantic fish that even Admiral Raja comments on because it's so rare. [Yes, I have wasted away entire afternoons on the phone with people while playing the fishing game - it really is relaxing and a good way to make money.] I've gotten it once too. I don't know if anyone else here has gotten it. I'm in the middle of playing through 5 again, so we'll see if once I get the fishing game, I get the super rare fish again.

Okay, here you go. I just caught the rare fish I mentioned in my earlier post.

Name: Dracofish
Size: 500
Rarity: 50 [<==I don't get that part at all - if it's only 50 rarity, how the hell in the zillions of times I've played the fishing game in this playthrough I only get it once?]

Anyway, you catch the fish, and after I got done going, 'osnap!' Lun, Subala and Logg go on about how it was a fish that was caught by Admiral Raja's grandpappy. It's pretty neat. Now I'm not sure if you can get that more than once in a playthrough, but even so. Still cool.

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So Byakuren may come into the fishing game wether you have recruited it or not? About the strange fish, i think you can only get it once your castle has expanded for the first time. I haven't really played the fishing game that often but i'll try to see if Byakuren comes along, the next time i go around to it.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was so horrible at this mini game. I could hardly catch anything and would almost always came in last place. and when I did manage to catch something it would be someworth worthless like a stupid boot.

However, I did manage to get the strange fish in the like first time i played the mini game which was pretty cool, cause I had no idea where to get the strange fish and I just randomly felt like playing said mini game and WHOA there it was. Made my day lol

The strange fish for me was a small size fish but I have only played through the game once and only caught one strange fish (im not sure if you can catch multiple ones throughout playing this mini game) but it cast a very small shadow in my game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: