Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Where do you guys get time to play games nowadays?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Where do you guys get time to play games nowadays? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Recently, my gaming time is about 10 hours a month, max. At this rate, I'll finish Suikoden IV some time in June (since I'm gone for a bunch of May on vacation) and then I'll have to buy Suikoden Tactics and complete that, which'll probably take another 6 months. And then I get to start Suikoden V some time in November 2006. :) I feel so left out of the loop.

Oh yeah, my game queue is GIGANTIC. In the queue (of games I own but I have not played) is Shadow Hearts 1 & 2, Xenosaga 2, and Shin Megami Tensei: DDS.

I'm surprised a lot of you people can afford the time to play games nowadays, although I'm sure that if I didn't surf SuikoX every night I'd easily be able to add two hours a week to my gaming time. The problem of course is that SuikoX surfing takes about half an hour at a time, where as the time it takes for me to mentally prepare myself to sit down and play an RPG is like, at least two hours. You just can't do anything in an hour when you're playing an RPG, since it takes like, 10 minutes to remember where you left off, and with the lack of a Save Anywhere feature, you have to play for a certain amount of time before you can do anything and then Save it.

Savour your gaming time, kids. It gets really short when you get old :3
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

on my days off from work if i don't have school, i'll most likely play for most of the day. at least a good 10 hours. but for when i do work i'll play at least maybe 3-5 hours that day. longest i had this year was playing suikoden 5 for at least between 12-16 hours.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On the weekends; that's all.

I usually don't play games that much; like you, I only probably get 10-15 hours max in a month. I did make an exception for Suikoden V, though, and managed to beat it in about 4-5 weekends (with a guidebook).

And, erm, in a lot of RPG's, I'll read a magazine or a book or even do my nails while I do random battles. Most don't require much effort.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm one of those people who won't complete a game without getting a guide or looking at GameFAQs. Games are just too annoying nowadays to play more than once, so if I'm going to play it, I'm going to want to get the good secrets and the good endings and so forth.

I wish there were more games that didn't put such an emphasis on what the player does right, and instead simply gets the player to play the game. Instead of having a good ending and a bad ending, there really should be "the ending".
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mostly weekends, It was funny though, I took some days off School to play Suikoden V. Also when my friends come over, we usally play Halo 2 or Super Smash bros. Melee. Right now, I'm on spring break and I SHOULD be playing KH2, but after many loyal years my PS2 broke :(

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Games are just too annoying nowadays to play more than once, so if I'm going to play it, I'm going to want to get the good secrets and the good endings and so forth.

What really annoys me are ones where you can't get the good secrets/endings unless you're on a new game plus. Those are the most annoying to me, because they're effectively punishing you for not being a teenager with too much time on your hands.

I can understand maybe not getting some cool new items, but when plot-related pieces are left out, it just smacks of a cheap way to increase replay value.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that sucks dude. my ps2 almost died when i started playing suikoden 5, but lucky i saw that keeping it on the floor messes it up and since i took it off the floor it didn't die. :D

Quote:
I'm one of those people who won't complete a game without getting a guide or looking at GameFAQs. Games are just too annoying nowadays to play more than once, so if I'm going to play it, I'm going to want to get the good secrets and the good endings and so forth.

i usually do the same thing. with most the games i own i didn't use a guide except for in suikoden case cause i like to get all 108 stars on the first playthrough, but other than on second playthrough on games i'll just use gamefaqs if i don't have a guide.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Jibrille Hillbert

Lollers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, right now I'm lucky enough to have loads of free time, exept when I have to work, obviously XD But serious thing hasn't started yet, so, I still found myself with loads of free time, wich can make me finish an RPG in no more than 4 days *COUGH*.
And, well, when my shop will be open (wich will be on May 6th! Yay!) I guess I'll have to play only on week-ends *SOB*. It will be a difficult gamer life.
By the way, I actually never look for FAQs on my frist play. I do that only for Suikoden, because I don't want to miss the 108 stars, but for all other games I use faqs for do sidequestes and such only on the second play
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I usually can get in quite a few hours a week between work and school. I usually play when I get home from school in the evening (I take night classes in college) as I really only need to function off of 4-5 hours of sleep.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I usually try to play about an hour a day if I can, but usually it's nothing like that at all. I get an hour and a half in the morning which I usually spend 30 minutes of that here, then an hour on the computer, unless I've got a movie I really want to watch or there's something needing my attention badly here. After work I might play for a bit but usually not often.

I'm like Arcana and Sophita in that I try to get a guide book or look on GameFAQs when playing a game. It's difficult though because you have to know what to look for and when to stop reading so you don't spoil the plot. So far I've been quite lucky that I havn't spoilt games for me yet. Mainly I use the guidebooks for finding secret bits and not tactics on beating bosses or solving puzzles - I like to have challenges after all, but I just don't have the time to play games over and over. It's also why I limit myself to only playing the games I really really want so I can focus my attention on them.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Weekends mainly, tough i do tend to find time after work some times, depends on what i have to do,

also Arcana, agreed on the one ending point, multiones are beginging to annoy me, ala Disgaea.
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since I do nothing with my life, I've had nothing but time to play games for the past 10 or 11 months. I completed Suikoden 5 in seven days, and in 75 hours. Even at that though, I stll have a pretty good social life. Just not much money.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only play on weekends. And not much, too. But I did beat Suikoden V. xD

On weekends, I have schoolwork to do and parties to go to. On weekends, I sleep in half the day, play in the afternoon and I go out at night. :mrgreen: My life is repetitive.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm in the almightly bum period in my life, where I contribute nothing to society and have all the free time in the world to do what I want. Which might be how I managed to beat Suikoden V in 45 hours.
red stuff

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have an insane amount of free time these days, 'cause the only thing I really have to worry about is school,, which isn't much work for me. At least now. When I transfer next year (I go to a community college currently), I won't have nearly as much time, since I'll probably be doing a double major. So I'm trying to get in all the gaming I can until then :) It usually takes me about a week to finish most RPGs, depending on how motivated I am.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: