Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Are you stuck? (SPOILERS)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roc

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Are you stuck? (SPOILERS) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First off, if this is the wrong place to post this, feel free to take it down.

This topic is for all of those who are stuck in the game, like how to trigger a certain scene, or recruit someone, and need some tips.

First off, i'm having trouble advancing the story. I'm at the part where you have to run into Taylor to be told about Lelcar. I just finished a recruitment run, ending with the revolving bridge quest.

I don't know, wht to do now, since, i cant find that dang reporter.

Do I have to talk to someone, or have a certain party member?
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exit your castle via the upper-floor (third, I think) exit - just walk out to the bridge, and the scene *should* start, IIRC.

[Semi-recruitment spoiler]If you have Lorelai and Zweig in your party and you've trigged the Killey visit, you might have to finish it first, though. I'm pretty sure I got them both nearly right next to one another, so as soon as you're done with one, perhaps the other will trigger?[/semi-recruitment spoiler]

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Exit your castle via the upper-floor (third, I think) exit - just walk out to the bridge, and the scene *should* start, IIRC.

second floor not third. since the third floor is where you head towards the war room.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whoops. Sorry.

Thanks Buff.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Roc

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finely figured it out. You have to go and talk to the beavers at the den, then report back to the war room, then walk outside.

Anybody else have any problems?
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

all you really have to do is talk to the person that follows you around. since it's mainly lyon you just talk to her and she gives you some what of a hint of what you should be doing.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Cato

Lone Wolf

1941 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've just finished the first Suikoden with all 108 stars. However, I can't seem to save my completed game data. I get the "The End" screen and nothing else.

Is this what's supposed to happen? Or should there be an option to save the completed game data? I've tried all the buttons on the controller, but the screen never changes/goes away.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can't save completed game data--that's a relatively new feature that started with Suikoden IV I believe. If you're trying to get a save that you can load into Suikoden II, than I believe you just need to save right before the last boss and it should work. It's been awhile since I've had to do this though, so I could be wrong on where you have to save (if there even is a particular place at all).

EDIT: And by the way, welcome to the community.^^

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Cato

Lone Wolf

1941 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright, that's a relief. Thanks a lot for your help.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're right, but also I'm certain that all you need to do to import the best data to Suikoden II is to have a save with all 108, so basically any save after Gremio has been reincarnated will work fine.

~Uguu!~
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For some reason the only person I ever have a problem recruiting in Suikoden is Clive for some reason he is never in that tavern I've gone out of the town and gone back in and when I go to the tavern no Clive....
Is there a glitch where you can't recruit him or something?
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, not that I am aware of. Whether or not he shows up is completely random. I've had games where I've had to leave my game on all day, checking periodically. You just have to be patient.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some people say that having more LUK increases the chances that he'll be there. I suppose if you're really impatient, you could try that out as well.

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Clive will ALWAYS be there right after the Floating Fortress section. That's kind of like the cut off point for his random appearings. I usually go recruit Miss Sonya, then Clive, and have never once had him not be there. I've also tried for 5 hours trying to get him to appear before this, and could never do it. So I'm firmly set that there is either a SoD or Time requirement before you can get him. I haven't pin pointed it, since I just get him at the end.

For the Suikoden transfer data, I'm fairly certain it has to be the save orb just before the Golden Hydra. I've tried it with one just after the final war battle where I left, and warped back to Toran Lake Castle, but it didn't work.

And something I personally have always had trouble with was getting Suikoden II data to transfer to Suikoden III. I've used to think it was just having a save, at the healing save just before Seed and Culgan. But in fact it needs to be a save post game. So save at like Kyaro and you'll be all set.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
And something I personally have always had trouble with was getting Suikoden II data to transfer to Suikoden III. I've used to think it was just having a save, at the healing save just before Seed and Culgan. But in fact it needs to be a save post game. So save at like Kyaro and you'll be all set.

I beg to differ. My Suikoden II data was that healing save point you spoke of and I've never had a problem with it transferring over to Suikoden III. I dunno why it didn't work for you, but it worked for me, so it certainly doesn't need to be a post game save.

~Uguu!~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: