Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Discussion between Shu and Leon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That dialogue always seemed a bit strange to me, too, considering that if Leon was really such a 'by the book' strategist, you would think that he wouldn't be considered so formidable. He wouldn't have been such a tremendous asset to Highland, if Shu really already knew all of the tactics that Leon was likely to use. Granted, Shu claims the victory in the end, but it's not like Leon did a terrible job. More often, it was because Jowy hesitated, or was a bit too...idealistic...he and Riou both (although since Riou is a silent protagonist, you get a bit less of it from him) were much less willing to make the big decisions than Shu or Leon were.

Just like everyone else has said, Leon and Shu were both of a more withdrawn nature, allowing them to do things like sending General Kiba on the suicide defense of Viktor's old fort, or the massacre in Kalekka.

Another thing with Nanami, though, is that even the army leader's sister really can't be seen as more important than the common trooper. If Shu, as the army's most prominent figure besides Riou himself, were to be drawn into hanging on the news of whether she would live or die, then it would appear as if her life were more valuable and more worth attention than the common soldiers that Shu was regularly sending out to fight and die. That could turn out to be a tremendous blow to the army's morale.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Dew Dust

2127634 Potch
200 Soldiers
104 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you John again for answering my other question.
And thank you Parallax for your opinion. I particularly liked what you said with regards to Nanami. Good point there ^^

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Parallax wrote:
More often, it was because Jowy hesitated, or was a bit too...idealistic...he and Riou both (although since Riou is a silent protagonist, you get a bit less of it from him) were much less willing to make the big decisions than Shu or Leon were.

Jowy: "I couldn't do it in front of her (regarding Pilika)"

That was what made me dislike Jowy, he had victory served on a silver plate and wasn't man enough to finish the job. I beleive Leon's strategy throughout the game was pretty much perfect, he just didn't have a leader that was as easy to manipulate.
I don't mean that term in a bad way, it's just that we don't get much of a choice in terms of deciding what or what not to do in that game, regarding war strategy at least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: