Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Characters that deserve a second chance?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cath's gun has only a single strike, while Lu and Shigure both have a wowing 4 strikes, they have the most attacks out of any direct L-range character.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Scar

Scar's Scourge

24083 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hazuki trades....

a small sample of raw power for tons more speed?

She has....what poor magic, where Belcoot has decent stats in that category...

and that matters why?

I personally find Hazuki a lot more useful then the Sluggish gladiator.

Plus, she is sexy~
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You get him for keeps really late in the game, but Shoon is a good fighter. His accuracy and technique are on par with the prince and he's nearly as fast as Sagiri. However, the downside is that his attack power is kinda low comparatively and like I said, you get him rather late.

I didn't use Ernst until the final dungeon too. I found his accuracy to be rather lacking and I probably won't use him again.

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:
Levi has fixed runes

No, he doesn't. :P

Anyway, for me, here's the characters that are definitely worth a try.

Bernadette - She's like a weaker version of Levi, but she can deal decent physical attacks. Actually she can be used as a hybrid, but I don't really recommend that. The fact that she can equip heavier armour than the pure magicians make her badass enough (though once you can equip Corruption Shell, that hardly matters). She can get an S in Fire affinity (Fire Dragon Armor + Flame Amulet), and Rage Level 4 spell (Final Flame) is just pwnage. Add in Magical + Alert (for bosses) or Magic Absorb (for normal battles) + Sorcery Formation, and you're all set.

Dinn - One of the best tanks in the game. He has the highest rank of SS in Karmic Effect (Defense/Technique), and an S in Defense which makes him a very great tank. I only used him as like... this huge wall who soaks all the hits. :*laugh*: But I found that he's got a pretty high attack power too. He has two free rune slots, and two free skill slots which automatically makes him better than Galleon.

Isabel - She's probably the BEST tank in the game. She can equip heavy armour (woo, Windspun Set!!!), and despite that, she still can dodge a lot, and she does weapon defense most of the time. And she's not like other tanks who just soak a lot of damage, but not deal a lot. She's a pretty great attacker too. I gave her Firefly and Double-Edged, and that was enough for her. She can deal up to three attacks, which is pretty neat. Not to mention her high technique stats, which allows for higher chances of dishing them badass criticals and double criticals. And unlike other tanks like Goesch, Mathias and Galleon (who all have that stupid Mow Down skill), she gets two skill slots.

Mathias - He's the only tank who can get three rune slots, which makes him able to work the Firefly/Strike-Back/Double-Edged combination. The only major thing that holds him back is his skill potential. There's that Mow Down skill which I admit is pretty great when it triggers, but as for the others... Raging Lion is really the only skill he could really makes good use of, and he only gets an A in it. Still... he's a pretty good character, with decent stats (though his technique isn't as high as Isabel's, which means lower critical and double critical rate). He can attack up to two times, though the chances aren't very high. You can also use him as a hybrid if you want, but I would rather have him tank.

Sagiri - She can hit a single enemy up to FIVE times. It's such a shame she got stuck with a useless Shrike Rune, because if it was a free rune slot in place of that, she would definitely be one of the top-tier characters of the game. She has quite some limitations. For one, only one free rune slot. Another one, despite having two free skill slots, the highest her skills can go is only up to an A. She never gets an S or an SS in anything, though unlike Lu, she can get Triple Harmony. Despite those limitations, she's still a pretty great character. She's got pretty good stats, a nice attack power, and what surprises me is that she has pretty high HP, higher than the Prince's! She's definitely worth the investment.

Shigure - I haven't really used him that much, but he's also a great character. He's a great party member early on in the game. He can strike a single enemy up to four times, and he can deal consecutive hits pretty consistently too, because of his high speed. Unlike Sagiri, he doesn't have that stupid Shrike Rune, and has a free rune slot in that right hand, so aside from a Double-Edged Rune, you can add in another one to make his damage output bigger. I'm not sure if he gets three rune slots since I have only just recruited him in my New Game+, but if he does, then he could potentially be even better than Richard.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if you haven't tried them yet, I suggest:

1. Nick. He has 3 open slots. Go figure.

2. Rahal. Am I seriously the only one who found him useful? He's like Kyle in many ways.

3. Dinn. As soon as you get Dinn, rejoice. He's a great defensive machine, and if you plan on using Belcoot as well, use them both at the same time. Their unite is pretty useful. Not to mention he has a Nodachi!

4. Logg. Once you get Logg when you go to Agate, you'll see how good he is. He can hit hard, and has decent HP. Only problem's Accuracy, but you can offset that.

5. Nikea. Belcoot with fists.

6. Alhazred - Well, you need to level him up like Genoh, why not go all the way? At a first glance, the Condemnation Rune might totally suck, but it won't.

7. Sharmista. If you really, REALLY wanna re-live those days of Prince-Lyon-Georg-Sialeeds, use her. He's pretty much like her, except that she has a Mother Earth Rune, and Sialeeds has Wind.

8. Killey. 50% Zerase + 50% Cathari = Killey.

9. Moroon. If you want cooler music, put him in your entourage. While you're at it, why don't you level him up. You'll be pleased.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: