Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Characters that deserve a second chance?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On my first playthough, I used Nakula quite a bit. I found him average in most respects, but he does join with a Fury rune and thus hits hard. Galleon is a good tank and I used to use him and Goesch in that regard. However, lately my tanks are never tanks for me. I equip them with a power rune and use them as attackers since it's fairly safe to do. At the end of my first game, Galleon was doing over 800 damage with just a regular attack.

Cornelio is a decent mage and is my healer until I get Bernadette. I also use Josephine occaisonally, but eventually switch my attack magic needs over to the prince and a couple others. If you don't mind the side effects, Faylen is good with the Condemnation Rune. With one accessory (I think), she reaches an S in Dark. Her magic isn't stellar, but it works well enough. She also has a decent long range attack, but she has only one open skill slot since she has the treasure finding skill.

Some others I have used randomly and they appear to be at least decent are Subala, Urda, Ernst, and Nikea. I've pretty much ignored everyone else besides the "omg powerful" characters.

6000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People don't like Bernadette? Her magic is just as good, although maybe slightly lower then the other mages, but I still consider her one of the hard hitting mages along with Jeane, Zerase, Levi, Eresh, Viki, and Alhazred. I gave her a Cyclone Rune, A Magic Absorb Rune, and a Magical Rune and she was a fine mage.

Lu is very underrated. She is blindingly fast, I gave her the abilities Agility and Swift Foot and it seems more common for her to hit 4 times then it is for her to hit once. Faylen is also underrated, it may just have been me, but she was getting critical hits more often then not in my game.

I also liked Kisara, I gave her Shield and Flowing. Lun was pretty good too.

Also, That little Dwarf boy Bergen, I think he was pretty underrated, well, I guess he really wasnt that good, but he has extremely high defense and HP, and its fun to use a dwarf kid as a defensive tank.

Zerase is totally overrated, she is AMAZING since you get her so early, and she has great magic defense, but once 2nd level runes become easily available the star rune loses its usefulness to Thunder and Rage.
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote=...I tried using Gavaya, but I just couldn't get any use out of him...

Dude Gavaya is frickin awesome... and he has a team attack with Nikea, who is also frickin awesome.

All Gavaya needs is a speed boost, but if you use the unite it isn't an issue, because Nikea is wicked fast.

That said, Gavaya's magic is "ungood", so he's a good cand for one of those 300K killer runes.

I think I forgot, this but, if you must, turn the vol down, that way you don't ever hear: Eeeeeeee Won't SOMEbody PLEASE marry me?!

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I fond Mathias to be a good hybrid of a mage and fighter. He cna attack and heal with his Cyclone rune and deal out good damage. I usually switch him with Kyle most of the time.

As others said, Josephine does really well with a Rage Rune. She's decent in physical attacks and she can hold her own in later battles.
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll recomend my favorite character. Hazuki!!

She doesn't seem very strong at first, but once pump up her agility and triple harmony, she's one of the best. I don't think there's anyone who multi hits more than her. She also has very nice speed, parry/evade, technique, and critical rate. Her PDEF is pretty high and her MDEF is decent too. Plus, I just love her design, the way she looks and how she throws her sheath at the begining of every battle :)
Fox Hound

Former White Wolf

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People likes to diss Goeshc, well he's awesome. He's quite a versatile fighter and in some way is better than Galleon.

malicesoul wrote:
I'll recomend my favorite character. Hazuki!!

She doesn't seem very strong at first, but once pump up her agility and triple harmony, she's one of the best. I don't think there's anyone who multi hits more than her. She also has very nice speed, parry/evade, technique, and critical rate. Her PDEF is pretty high and her MDEF is decent too. Plus, I just love her design, the way she looks and how she throws her sheath at the begining of every battle

I think Hazuki is already widely accepted as a top-tier character along with Georg, Richard and Belcoot. She's hardly a character that deserves a 2nd chance. :)
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm using Sagiri on my 2nd playthrough. She absolutely rocks! Not only is her battle stance cool, she's extremely fast and criticals often, and gets multable hits in most of the time.. plus she's long range.

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm noticing that about Sagiri, too... Her highest combo on one mob was up to five, three of those criticals. I gave her a Double-Edge Rune, her natural ability to critical and score multiple hits is already high. She actually rivals Richard, who does about 700-3000 damage a turn (she's averaging 500-2500). I also give everybody and their brother two Eyeball Rings, so this is really nice to me.

Another reason I like Sagiri is her past... For those who have recruited her, you already know it. I won't ruin it for those who haven't. Her story (specifically) and her battle prowess have made her one of my favorite characters in the entire series.

Now that I think about it, most of the characters can be pretty strong if you just work on them. Get their weapons up, get them armor, and anyone can actually rule the battle field. The beavers can be pretty awesome, especially Moroon if you're a rocker.

I keep damage off my main party by having a serious PDEF scapegoat. Sunbeam Rune + Firefly Rune draws everything to them, which makes life a bit easier. Area, row, and column attacks still cause issues with other party members, but still... It isn't nearly as bad as having to put up with random characters needing healing every turn, instead of just one character. Sunbeam is there to make that easier as well. I tried adding a Wall Rune, but eh... Didn't work like I'd hoped.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
riou19

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

2 of my fav characters would be dinn and miakis

miakis also have the same co-op attack as lyon, and is preety useful with her shield rune

dinn is by far my fav character in the game. the titan rune on him allows him 2 do more damage, and once u take the trouble of levelling him up, u will find him 2 be pretty useful
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i believe you got the two topics mixed up riou19. this is for characters that deserved a second chance, and since your talking about you favorite characters it would be go good in the official favorite characters thread.

http://suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8718

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems weird saying Isabel since I used her basically exclusively since I got her. I have to highlight what I consider some of her best qualities though, and why you should give her a look in.

Weapon Defense / Evasion. It was insane wandering around Doraat with Isabel (firefly). They all attack and "weapon defense, weapon defense, weapon defense, missed, missed". Even with firefly and a violence rune on her I had trouble getting her to take two hits in any battle to activate it, she just stands there and nothing can touch her.

NO counter. I wonder whether this is good or bad, but Isabel doesn't have a counter. This means if you run into a DoReMi elf or if you're trying out skills on other characters the enemies will not die by attacking her.

Also her battle stance makes her a most amusing tank, I mean she stands like some heroic statue, its great.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You might want to look at Norma and Ernst again. Norma's a fairly good mage/fighter, but her best place is in support since she gets access to Potch finder and gets up to SS in it (put her and egbert in your party. Give someone the prosperity set. Enjoy.), but Ernst is the real monster. When he gets access to his second spell (Roaring something), you'll see how insanely powerful he can be, as he stuns all your enemies. Pretty sure this works on damn near every enemy, too.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uh huh . . . Ernst is really unfair in that regard. The only troublesome part is the fact that he loses one turn pulling off a Bob. But if you get past that slight handicap, you'll go through the entire game pretty easily.

I agree with Sage regarding Faylen, but I'd rather use her as a toned down Cathari. A scout over an AWP if you will. *Counter-strike reference* She has the name number of free rune slots at 2, so with a Fury and double strike setup, she deals at least 1000 damage. And if you have the same setup on Faylon, then you'll have an unstoppable unite attack that picks off most random encounters.

I also started using Sagri as my long range attacker in place of Lu. I can't stand Lu's weak attack power. Sagiri's attack stat is slightly higher, but I also notice that she's more consistent in her multi-hits. She seems to critical a lot more than Lu without the Killer rune too. They have nothing on a proper setup with Killey, but Sagiri is more fun to use.

I don't hear Yahr mentioned much either. With a fury rune and double strike/edge rune to go along with his Angry Dragon Rune, he always deals heavy damage, consistently.

And a bit off the topic, but I wonder how much better Richard could be with one more open slot. That would be so wrong.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i tried checking out ernst, but i found he wasn't worth it in my opion. his unite attack with norma is cool though.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only time i really used Ernst was in the final dungeon. My Zweig party was horribly underpowered, and frequently nearly every party member was annihilated in any given random battle. Used a blinking mirror piece to bring in Ernst and Cathari, Cathari for the guaranteed runaways, Ernst for his rune and unbalance ability.

When I got to the boss with Zweig Ernst got hit and nearly died in the first round, and beyond that he was slower than the boss so he would get the second round too. This was okay though, I had Lun there to spam kindness drops on him. It took me then 5 rounds of underlevelled characters battling this boss without reprisal, luckily with Zerase in the back to chain nuke the boss did die just as I ran out of unbalances.

Ernst is mega cheap though, while Bob's transformation made him near immortal, Ernst's transform is just cheap. Bob would kick his ass in a duel though >.>
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: