Suikoden Unique and Informational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Tomes(Old Books) of Suikoden V

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoodman

Saruzin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: The Tomes(Old Books) of Suikoden V Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anybody else thorougly read these. I found actually quite interesthing this time such as what happend to the original leaders of Nether Gate
The Ancient Armes Dynasty(I think Jeane and Eresh come from there)
More information about the Sindar
The Dragon Calvary's early starts and how the kingdom of Nagarea was actually a force to be reckoned with(I think Armes battling Nagarea is a perfect story for another Suikoden)
I just found the books way more interesting with more info this time around anyone else?

-There is neither a more trustworthy ally nor fearsome foe than you, Your Highness
- Shula Valya

-Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie - Shu
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yeah, most definitely. These books are better than the previous games. The most important book for me had to have been the one that chronicled the separation of the Sun and Night Runes. Suikosource updated their True Rune list because of this very important information.

More information about the Sindar is always a good thing. Although, there really wasn't that much information about them aside from the fact that they used the Dawn and Twilight Runes as keys for their technological creations and that they existed after the Ancient Armes Kingdom period. Lorelai said she was joking when she told the Prince she was a member of the Sindar, but it does make one think.

And as you mentioned, Jeane and Eresh's roles in their respective sub-quests throws a whole new theory out there regarding their origins. An expert of Egyptian Mythology (seems to be the basis of the Ancient Armes Kingdom) can likely whip out a theory of Jeane's role in the Suikoden Series. Eresh, not so much since we've only seen her one time.

Like Suikoden 2 and Grassland, one of the books in this game somewhat foreshadows an inevitable future site of Suikoden. One of the Old Books talked about the clan structure of the Armes Kingdom. I thought that was really important. They named the ruler as "King Jelant" but there's also a Grand Council of Chieftans that assist ruling the nation. Having a few characters come from Armes helps solidify the setting. It sets itself up nicely for a future game.

It's a big improvement over the previous Old Books. That's not to say the others were bad, but we just eat this type of new information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: