Suikoden Unique and Informational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

This game is really boring so far.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alluminitti

124798 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm well aware that Suikoden V's battle system is homogeneous to previous Suikoden games excluding III, but, whether or not Suikoden II was a classic, I didn't really like it's battle system. It has come to my attention that the majority of you only like Suikoden V because it is too similar to II, an old favorite.

With Suikoden III being the first true deviation away from the series it was also my first Suikoden game. I really loved it so much thinking that the entire Suikoden series was just like it. Boy was I wrong.

I just enjoyed III's system because it wasn't like all of the typical final fantasies I've played. And even you guys have to admit that III's skill system is superior to V's because V's only allows you to equip two of the character's overall skill which just seems stupid and appears as a design flaw. Also a design flaw is the poor camera system.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think this game started off really well. It didn't seem boring at all. The only thing i can find boring would probably be the explaining stuff and the part that i act illiterate and wanted them to say most of the things to me instead of having to read them. However most of the information was not boring like the geography that Falena was formed on the Feitas river((i guess this is known)).

I also liked how when you got back from the very begining of the story and got sent away they explained all the reasons for this. and explained the different factions in the game. and then the rest i have to say talks about how well the game is now in the middle of it but since the game is in the begining((20 hours worth training everyone to level 40))
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ashley Riot

The Queensguard

20000 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't consider the number of skills you're allowed to equip a "design flaw." The variation in Epic Skills both in terms of which ones the characters can access and how high they can progress in it offers similar variety- I didn't really mind.

The camera isn't all that good, though, I will admit. Suikoden III at least allowed you to see where you were going about 80% of the time. In V, it's not IMPOSSIBLE to navigate, but I still wandered off on the wrong path more than once. I would've preferred a more horizontal camera as opposed to that bird's eye view.
Alluminitti

124798 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ashley Riot wrote:
I wouldn't consider the number of skills you're allowed to equip a "design flaw." The variation in Epic Skills both in terms of which ones the characters can access and how high they can progress in it offers similar variety- I didn't really mind.

The camera isn't all that good, though, I will admit. Suikoden III at least allowed you to see where you were going about 80% of the time. In V, it's not IMPOSSIBLE to navigate, but I still wandered off on the wrong path more than once. I would've preferred a more horizontal camera as opposed to that bird's eye view.

What bothered me the most about the camera system is that when characters are talking the camera is so far away. It makes the game feel and look like a SNES/PSX game. Where in Suikoden III, the camera was closer and pointed to whoever is talking. Making the dialogue, conversation or situation more accessible or personal to the gamer.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The camera i think was my only let down since when you get to your hq you can't see anything behind part of it. I think it would have been nice if they supplied some kind of overhead may or let us change the way we viewed it though.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

anyone read the Game Informer reviews yet? just because of the slow start they only gave V a 7.5, from the same people that liked the series enough to give IV a 8.75. both reviewers rant about the slow start for about 75% of their written review but had nothing else bad to say, they both said to have loved the recruiting of the stars yet thinks 1/4 of the game shouldn't be so slow, is it even possible to get all the stars and finish the game in under 30 hours?
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Possibly, if you had New Game+ because of the running bonus.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jjrrs wrote:
anyone read the Game Informer reviews yet? just because of the slow start they only gave V a 7.5, from the same people that liked the series enough to give IV a 8.75. both reviewers rant about the slow start for about 75% of their written review but had nothing else bad to say, they both said to have loved the recruiting of the stars yet thinks 1/4 of the game shouldn't be so slow, is it even possible to get all the stars and finish the game in under 30 hours?

I was absolutely furious about this as well. I've lost all respect for the magazine, and won't be renewing my "free" subscription (thank you Gamestop!). Had they explained more problems with the game, the low score at least would have made sense. But other than the slow beginning, all they did was praise, and still gave it a much lower score than IV!

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They didn't want to upset Square Enix by giving it a better grade then KHII.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alluminitti wrote:
It has come to my attention that the majority of you only like Suikoden V because it is too similar to II, an old favorite.

While I don't doubt that is the reason some people like it, I personally like it because it has an incredibly breadth of characters and an amazing amount of characterization for most of them. I also was really impressed with the way relationships were built up between characters, so you have less people out on their own. That's the main reason I liked it, and I don't think I'm quite alone there.

If anything, I think the weaknesses are where it tries to emulate SII too much - the view, for example.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I definently like Suikoden V the most and i startedf playing Suikoden at Suikoden III. I definently like that most of the quest are similar to Suikoden III in my opinion you had to do something for certain people like for the saint loa knights you had to get billy's father by beating in a game and such.

In suikoden V i only seen a few that you just got ask and they join automatically((Belcoot and Marina come to my mind)) since you already did something very important for them.

Other then that i haven't seen anyone other then them really. the only two i could think of is Richard like you were just training in Waterfall basin and came across Richard and Genoa like you were randomally talking to beavers in Bweaver lodge went to Waterrfall basin adn poof there you have it Genou ((if alzhard is a level lower from you))
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fudozukushi wrote:
They didn't want to upset Square Enix by giving it a better grade then KHII.

Sounds ALL too correct to me. I been hearing mumblings about how dissapointed people were with KHII, even more so when compered to I, but it's been getting crazy good scores all around the board. I really wish Game Magazine's weren't so scared of the big companies.

But Suikoden V...I've only seen a few people acctually unhappy with it overall. Despite it being overall Loved by players, It's getting rather medicore scores from the magazine's...mainly bceuase 5 seconds is too long to wait for a battle start. That and it's graphics aren't super realistic.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden II wasn't my favorite. I prefer Suikoden I and suikoden III over II actually. I liked Suikoden II, don't get me wrong, but it isn't complete perfection to me or anything.

I'm enjoying V just because the story and characters are all so well done ^^
The new skills system just takes a different approach, I don't see how it's an error. It's the same thing instead od equipping 8 to do stuff you equip two. Seems managable to me? It's also how the epics are made to work, more than 2 epic skills and people could get nuts I'm sure

-My DeviantArt-
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think people place to much value on graphics. I have always looked for content in my games. I would much rather love the GAME I am playing, rather than just it's graphics. I think this is a major issue in the video game industry today.game companies try to get away with putting top dollar in graphics and skimping in other areas consumers buy into the whole "ooh, look at the pretty colors" thing. Just like everything else in life, substance is what should matter.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Alluminitti

124798 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elzamine wrote:
Suikoden II wasn't my favorite. I prefer Suikoden I and suikoden III over II actually. I liked Suikoden II, don't get me wrong, but it isn't complete perfection to me or anything.

I'm enjoying V just because the story and characters are all so well done ^^
The new skills system just takes a different approach, I don't see how it's an error. It's the same thing instead od equipping 8 to do stuff you equip two. Seems managable to me? It's also how the epics are made to work, more than 2 epic skills and people could get nuts I'm sure

Just out of curiosity, why do you prefer Suikoden III over II? My opinion is consistent with yours except I've never played the original Suikoden.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: