Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sun Rune magic set

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Sun Rune magic set Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was curious about this rune from like day one, and was kinda bummed that we never get to play with it... of course, despite the hero not being a queen (I disagree), they coulda given us a chance to mess around with it on Lymsleia... or even Arshtat.

anyway I was wondering how the spell list would go:

1. Insanity spell
2. Burn your house down
3. Arshtat's "Destroyer" move on every enemy
4. "Lordlake incident"

I dunno, if I put a little more thought into it I could probably make a respectable magic selection.

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol I would have called spell number 3 *poof*

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think burning light would be good for one of the spell names. since after all it was like a burning light that destroyed lordlake.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... Since the Sun rune covers Nuturance and Suffering... How about...

1: "Morning" - 100 damage to all enemies, 50 HP recovered to all allies.
2: "Zenith" - 300 damage to one foe, Full recovery to random party member. (Most injured automatically targeted, if several are within the same range, ie. between 10 hp apart, one is chosen at random.)
3: "Arfternoon" - 800 damage to enemy row, front row gains "Toasty" status.
4: "Sunset" 1500 damage to all foes, all allies are raised, healed and recovered.

There, simplified.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...

Last edited by Jhones on Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Zenith's Peak

Is that not a bit redundent? I like the set up but maybe calling that something like High Noon or something, same effect. It would follow the trend and is a synonym for what you said, Jhones, just the zenith by definition is the highest peak. O well, looks cool.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the Sun Rune would be a bit more powerful than that, personally...even Leknaat says that the Sun Rune is particularly powerful among the 27 True Runes. I had this issue with the True Elemental Runes in Suikoden III. They were powerful...but not really that impressive, just one 'level' above the Rage/Cyclone/Flowing/Mother Earth/Thunder 'advanced' Runes. The Rune of Punishment was pretty underwhelming as well...it started out as a powerful Rune due to its 300 damage level one spell, but by the end of the game, it didn't really feel like one of the Runes that's governing everything.

It's a lot more understandable on the Dawn and Twilight Runes (which are actually each pretty damn powerful anyway) and the Bright Shield and Black Sword Runes, but those were a bit more powerful than what you've suggested as well. Granted, all of the True Runes have powers during cutscenes that aren't useable during battle (the Rune of Punishment in particular does some very nasty things outside of your direct control), but if the Sun Rune is really one of the most powerful...go ahead and go wild. Make it overwhelming. I'd think something a little more like this, perhaps:

Blazing Light - Deals 200+ damage to a single foe, or restores an ally completely.
Brilliance - Restores all allies by 400+ and recovers negative status effects.
Corona - Deals 1200+ damage to all enemies and inflicts them with a 'burn' status.
Nova - Deals 1600+ damage to all enemies, and may cause sudden death (30%).

Eat it, Godwins! Anyway, that's my take.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's what I think:
1. Blinding Light - Severely reduces enemy accuracy
2. Blazing Spear - 400 damage to one enemy, 50 damage to user
3. Nurtiring Rays - Regen effect on all allies
4. Sun's Wrath - 1600 damage to all enemies, 200 damage to all allies

But it would combine with the Twilight Rune as:
1. Sunset Lv1 - 300 damage to one enemy
2. Sunset Lv2 - 500 damage to all enemies
3. Sunset Lv3 - 900 damage to all enemies
4. Sunset Lv4 - 1500 damage to all enemies

And the Dawn Rune:
1. Sunrise Lv1 - 300 restored to all allies
2. Sunrise Lv2 - 500 restored to all allies
3. Sunrise Lv3 - Fully heals all allies
4. Sunrise Lv4 - Completely restores all allies

You could probably even put in a 3-way combine for massive attack and restorative powers. :D
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think a 3 way combo with those 3 runes would be a major kick ass. hell the combo between the dawn and twilight was dam decent. but like you said a 3 way with those would mean a massive attack and restoring all hp even when your dead.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A 3part combo between three of the runes? That would be overly powerful. That could bring about the end of the world if that happens under chaotic circumstances. Think about it, The Sun dries out everything destorying everyone. But then Dawn and Twilight step in to restore everything...

It's the whole creation story all over again... Heavens no...

Maybe it'll be called Genesis, if we apply that...

lvl 1 Genesis | 600 DMG to all E's, heals allies lightly
lvl 2 Genesis | 1000 DMG to all E's, heals allies moderatley
lvl 3 Genesis | 1500 DMG to all E's, heals allies to full
lvl 4 Genesis | 2000 DMG to all E's, heals allies completely, revive effect

:D

Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe if you doubled those damage numbers, VF. I think that the Dawn and Twilight Runes' unite magic, Creation, did damage comparable to those figures. Now, since neither of those are True Runes, and the Sun Rune is extremely poweful even among the twenty-seven True Runes, I think we can assume that the Sun Rune would greatly increase the damage done by Creation if added into the mix. That Level 4 should do at least three thousand.

Speaking of unite magic, I thought that it was significantly less useful in this game, probably because the only unite spell I usually ever cast is the Rage/Thunder combo. In this game, that combined spell does less damage than the two spells cast seperately! Why cast Flame Array and do 1600+ to all when you can cast Thunder Storm, 1100+ to all, and Final Flame, 1200+ to all? 1100 + 1200 > 1600.

Although, I did like the fact that you can set unite magic at different levels... but I'm getting wildly off topic here.

Back to what I would name the spells:

Level 1: From Behind the Clouds: 300 damage or perfect status (but cannot revive) to one target (if you choose an enemy as the target, it does damage, and healing if you choose an ally).
Level 2: Wrath: 700 damage to all enemies
Level 3: Benevolence: Perfect status, short of revival, to all allies
Level 4: Circle of Life:: Drains up to 1500 HP from each enemy and distributes throughout allied party. (If the numbers of enemies equals or exceeds four, the HP total is divided by three before distribution in the allied party, to account for the HP disparity between player characters and enemy characters).
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mmm let me try my hand at this...

Level 1: Sun's Warmth: Deals 100 damage to all enemies and heals all allies for 200 health.
Level 2: Sun's Mercy: Heals all allies for 300 and restores perfect status.
Level 3: Sun's Wrath: Deals 1,000 damage to one enemy, 15% chance of instant death.
Level 4: Sun's Judgement: Does 1,500 damage to all enemies.

mmm
Crimson

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My Idea

1 Burning wrath- 200 damage to all enemies(50% chance of accuracy decreases)
2 Blazing ray- 400 damage to 1 enemies(may cause instant death)
3 Flames of life- fully healed all member(20% fury status)
4 Nova Flame- 1200 damages to all enemies
Master Ted

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm, I think that most people are overusing the element of "Fire" when talking about the Sun Rune. The two elements are VERY different. The Sun Rune would more than likely have spells along these lines:

Level 1 - Shining Judgement ~ Instant Death to one foe, sends bearer into "Berserk" state. ( We've seen Arshtat use this a couple times )

Level 2 - Sunrise & Sunset ~ 800 damage to all foes, moderate healing to all party members.

Level 3 - Blessing Of The Sky ~ Great Healing and status recovery to all allies, 40% chance of "Toasty" status effect to all party members.

Level 4 - Wrath ~ 1700 damage to one foe, 500 damage divided among remaining foes.

Maybe?

"It's my rune, my curse, my burden."
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think i have a different idea of how the spells yet a different yet similar idea

Level 1 spell-Divine Insanity-Basically kills off 2 enemies at random and then the person will go into unfriendly

Level 2 spell-Divine Right Heavily Damages all enemies but goes into insanity

Level 3 spell-Divine Justice-Kills a whole coulmn of enemies off

Level 4 spell-Omnipotences-Heavily Damages all enemy usually 2500 damage.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: