Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Scenario writer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Scenario writer Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Am I the only one who really hopes they keep this scenario writer for future Suikoden's? PLEASE do so Konami.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, I really do, too, if SV and Skies of Arcadia were anything to go by.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm gonna say no. No way you're alone. Despite the fact that I hated Skies, I am LOVING Suikoden V. Like..Loving it hardcore. I just hope they learn to be a BIT faster in the start of the game. V did it well, but it WAS slow.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

S5 may have been slow, but I have to wonder if I'd have appreciated the story as much without knowing all the backstory and the plot setup that was done.

I agree with all of you though, let's keep the scenario writer; I loved Suikoden V's story. If they were also in charge of characters, then count me as a double vote.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Xelinis

2985 Potch
0 Soldiers
21837 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You guys, I doubt Tsugawa's gonna be back for VI. He'll most likely be back for Suikoden VII but VI is probably going to be handled by Kawano again (*groan). Don't forget, there're now two Suikoden teams.

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No don't....!!! Kawanu sucked big time :cry:

I wish if Muruyama could return on his work... what happend to him anyways. Could someone inform me, please?
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Murayam left KONAMI to undisclosed circumstances. Along with some other staff members. It seems there was something going on between him and Konami's vision. This happened midway in the producation of Suikoden III. That is why Suikoden III was something different.

He could be somewhere else now watching the Suikoden develop in the hands of those he left it with... He must be laughing his socks off right now. :wink:

Bright Shield Rune bearer

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or cryin out loud cause they're literally destroying his work....

Indeed a sad story, cause of Konami's vision we'll be never able to see true story of Suikoden series... and that sux, at least for me.

Anyway thnx for information.
Does anybody knows is he workin' on somethin lately (or does he have something else beside Suikoden series, that he worked on), cause i would like to see more of his work.
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suggesting that Kawano will do the next Suikoden just made me really really really sad.
Skooboi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:( Same. But if he takes some cue from the Suikoden V writer than there isn't any worries. Maybe this time they can program the game properly with a substantial amount of dialogue to convey the feelings and the atmosphere.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's a very good chance Kawano will bein charge of Suikoden VI. This is mainly because she was not involved in Suikoden V at all, and because she made comments alluding to VI for PS3 in the past.

Also, the sales of V, which is far worse than IV, may look like an indication to the non-gamer corporate bigshots at Konami that Kawano is a better producer.

On the other hand, Murayama is saying that he has been contracted for a "major project" last year, so it is possible that Konami hired him. Konami has been out-sourcing alot of their stuff recently after they restructured their company again. Konami as a whole is making a lot more money through their casiono game business along with their sports/gym facility management anyways, and games are not their main focus these days.
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

she was not involved in Suikoden V at all

She was in the credits along with Ishikawa though...
Bright Shield Rune bearer

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars wrote:
On the other hand, Murayama is saying that he has been contracted for a "major project" last year, so it is possible that Konami hired him. .

OMG!!!
Like where do you get this informations from. If this is true then maby some things will finally be solved is the main story of Suikoden series. And I bet that if he's hired for VI that we'll se lots of characters from first three parts of seies. maby even The rune of begining..

I was always wandering does Konami hear 'voices' of fans and what would they like to see.
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I blame Suikoden V's poor sales squarely on Suikoden IV. I actually held off on buying V for a while because playing Suikoden IV was like watching a friend get hit by a train over and over again, and I was rather unwilling to play through another game that was not only objectively bad, but took what USED to be a good series and stripped all the likeable qualities out. What else are people supposed to judge the game on, if not the previous game?
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I hope that they hired the V scenario writer to do Suikoden VII or whatever and I hope they did hire Murayama back on though I somehow doubt it...then again his last project failed miserably so maybe he swallowed his pride and went back. It would be cool if they had a third Suikoden team and it was with Ishikawa and the old music composer from I and II.

And as far a Kowano, I think she is by far the worst story writer of the three. Murayama and the SV writers were great. But her stories were average at best. If she is going to do VI I hope she puts more time into the story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: