Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A Prequel to Suikoden III
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: A Prequel to Suikoden III Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it possible that a game in the Suikoden series might star the original Flame Champion and revisit the past of Grassland?

They addressed the plot to it in Suikoden III, yes. But, the story perhaps was purposefully vague. We all know that the Tenkai star will win in the end anyway, in all the games.

The real reason I see this as a possibility is because they leave the name of the Flame Champion up to you, the same way they left the name of the Tenkai's from the other games up to you. As far as I knew, the actual name of the Flame Champion was never released. The reason could be a future Suikoden title starring him.

Several things are wrong with this idea though. Such as the difference in age and looks between most Tenkais and the Flame Champion, and the prior release of the Flame Champion's looks.

But, do you think that it is possible that a future Suikoden title could be a Suikoden III prequel?

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A prequel to SuikoIII might be good for a Tactics game. It would'nt really be a few years before Suiko II though, like it should be around the time the True Fire Rune went out of control and how Harmonia and the Fire Bringer handled that tragedy.

I don't think Konami would want to make a main installment on the True Fire Rune again or the Flame Champion.

A game that's set in another country a few years before III and had nothing to do with the 2nd Fire Bringer war sounds possible.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A tactics game of the first fire bringer war would be pretty interesting actually. There'd be a few returning characters, but since suikoden III laid out the basic plotline, it's a good start for a tactical game. I find tactics games have a harder time setting up and fleshing out storylines than a standard rpg does. Plus really, it'd be nice to try a tactics game with characters that don't lack like the ones in suikoden IV.

-My DeviantArt-
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the Flame Champion didn't get 'named' is because he has such a role (and a relevant title) that novel/manga writers really had no need to name him, unlike the other heroes.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think Konami will ever base a main Suikoden game in a previously explored nation except as a cameo.

A future Tactics, Gaiden or other similar "side-story" RPG might be possible and it would iondeed be interesting.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ir would make sense, even if they told the story of the Fire Btinger war, that they made it a Tactics game, since it's not certain whether the FC had the Tablet of promise
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would be good to see a prequel to Suikoden III... but would it have to be during the Fire Bringer War?

I would, personally, like to see one between Suikoden II and Suikoden III. 15 years is a long time, and anything could have happened.

As for a Tactics game... no. I hate Tactics games... :x

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually think the story of the Flame Champion would have made a better game than Suikoden III's did. It sort of fell more in line with the traditional mode of Suikoden. I think a game based on those events would be awesome. I would love to see it done. Very unlikely however.

From what we have seen so far each new Suikoden is always in a new nation and old ones are only briefly visted for nostalgic purposes. Which is good and bad in my opinion. I don't think that will change anytime soon.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
ryanwh

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah. Its story is concluded thouroughly in 3, as opposed to 5's story which is only vaguely alluded to in 2. In other words, where would the surprises be? There are imo far more intrigueing story arcs to explore. If they wanted to fill in the blanks by making another suikoden spinoff based around that, I could get behind it. It'd prolly make a decent tactics game.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hear this all the time on Suikoden boards, I never want to play the Fire bringer war, or any war that was the backdrop to an already made game! Those are not wars that need to be played because they were created as a means to convey the game they were mentioned in, and I hate the thought of going backwards! Konami has something going good for them, a story concept were you don't have to go backwards, because of the world they have set up they don't need to re-visit pasted nations when a world of possible (or impossible) lands can be created.

Tactics was more or so a way to finish Suikoden IV, They were more than likely planned along side each other. This is un-like going back to a game and using it as the main arch to convey the new installment.

Suikoden V was also different, as no war was ever mentioned in Suikoden II, just the murder of the queen. They used that as an excuse to explore the land of Falena, not re-explore a place we've already played in.

I'm not saying they will never do it, but I just don't care about those wars.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I would, personally, like to see one between Suikoden II and Suikoden III. 15 years is a long time, and anything could have happened.

Higheast Rebellion.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd play a game about the 1st Firebringer War in a heartbeat. If no other reason than to just use Wyatt Lightfellow. First off, you actually get to learn about all these characters in their youth, Sir Galahad and Pelize who died before being seen, Chief Zepon who died after only seeing his silhouette, watching the Karaya clan become settled, seeing the Le Buque while they were the Carna Tribe. There would be the love of Sana and FC, who would use the name you chose from Suiko3 as the load data since it was pretty much worhtless in Suiko3 to name that character. You could see moer of Harmonia's military and the game could make you feel like you had a part in sculpting Zexen. Who can honestly say they couldn't enjoy seeing some more Geddoe usage? I sure can't! The game has near endless possibilities and plenty of room to see a character cameo from Suikoden1 or 2. It could make a very compelling game.

Last edited by Acheron on Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If my memory is correct, the first Flame Champion originally lost control of the rune when fighting Harmonia. I think that they could easily stretch that whole saga into a game, but I don't think it'll happen (but I would play it if it did).

I'm sure it'll be referenced again a few more times in the series. All of these games, though seperate, have to all come together to form part of a massive story by the time it's done. I really have no idea what to expect next.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they should try and make all the runes get explained more. THey can make the rune have some kind of unkown power and have Suikoden III powers be that of upgrades to Suikoden III elemtenal runes since they got them and had to use the power in such short time.
I think they should introduce the Rune that haven't been talked about All we know about the True Fire Rune is That it can kill A bunch of enemies at the same time and that it can kill your own team we don't know if it has un told power.
I think they also could make a game for Geddoe as a prequal or such since we do not know if he idd anything for his rune to explain that. They can also DO one for Wyatt cause i don't recall them explaining how he got his Water Rune Just he ran to Zexen as a fugitive for all we know he could have been a leader and wanted to get away from the whole army thing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wyatt fled to Zexen after the War began because he was escaping Harmonian Assassins after his True Rune.

The biggest reason this won't be a game is the timeline. The 1st Firebringer War lasted a LONG time. It started and lasted 10 years, took hiatus and starts back up again 4 years later and last for 3 more years until the True Fire Rune bugs out and kills everything. Peace the year later. That's 20 years. A good storyline for a game is written just like a good story: short time so that you can create good depth and not have to worry with a long backstory. The progression of time is easier too. I can't think of a game that you actually play in-game for years on end. The most I can think of is a 1 year game. Anyway, a 20 year game would be hell to write and wouldn't be good to play. O well, that's probably the biggest reason why this war, probably Higheast Rebellion too, won't be turned into games.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: