Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Prince And Roy Difference
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always thought that Lyon could tell the two of them apart because of smaller differences, like body language and facial expressions and such. That makes much more sense to me than everyone saying "ZOMG EYE COLOR."
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ced The Lad wrote:
*Off the Topic Story* A friend of mine got Suikoden 5 late, but he saw me play through the Roy arc. Because of this, he named his character Marth. For those who don't know, Marth and Roy are names of characters in the series Fire Emblem. Marth was even a prince in that game. The two characters were popularized in Smash Brothers Melee as pickable characters who have very similar move sets.

If you think that's funny, I named my main character Siegfried... :(
Crimson

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To differentiate Roy and The Prince, there could possibly many ways

-their eyes
prince got hazel blue and roy got freakish yellow eyes
-their way of speaking
The prince would never say what the hell right.

and to make it obvious never trust the prince who never walk unaccompanied by lyon
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, they mention the fact that Roy didn't have a fake Lyon numerous times during the game. During the Queen's Campaign, Roy even wants Lyon to accompany him so as to avoid looking suspicious with no bodyguard in tow. Again though, most of the people who were being fooled by the charade had never met the Prince themselves, or met him once at most. Most of them were only seeing Roy at a distance, too, where he would have simply appeared to be the Prince.

You could easily tell them apart from the fact that Roy did not bear the Dawn Rune as well, but again, that's not something that every common person would know.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Yes, they mention the fact that Roy didn't have a fake Lyon numerous times during the game.

i only remember them mentioning it once. saying that faylen didn't look any thing like lyon when she dressed up and then roy wanted faylon to dress up like georg but he was just to fat for it.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Roy suggests that he has to have Lyon with him to successfully fool the Godwins at the start of the Queen's Campaign scenario as well. I could swear it happened at least once more, but I could be mistaken.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i remember that part, since it was the night before that war battle when roy asked her. but i don't think there was any thing after that.

Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

According to Oboro, Roy laughed himself into a near coma when he saw Faylen in the Lyon costume, and Faylon ripped the Georg costume to shreds.
humpa

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

UberYuber wrote:
Honestly, who notices the color of people's eyes? I don't know what color my mother's eyes are... or anyone else I know. Hell ... what color are my eyes?

Most of the people in question who couldn't recognize a difference JUST MET the prince too. It shouldn't be amazing that they don't recognize a difference even if it's not so subtle. I'm sure the prince's eyes, should he be real, would've been more proportionate to a human being and not so large, colorful, and alien like as well.

Lyon knew because she loves the Prince, I thought that was obvious. 8 ) actually she just loves me

And don't give me "Sialeeds loved him too" because Sialeeds was a selfish little skank who can't see the color of someone's eyes or anything else because her hair is in the way.

I don't really think that you should consider yourself so perceptive or that the characters are so stupid for not noticing. Rather take in the information that they should be identical and realize that Konami would rather not confuse you, the player, as to who is who. That's all it is.

i agree. when your infatuated with a person you notice every little detail. thus of course lyon loves the prince.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As much as people like to say that eyes are the first thing they notice about a person, I find it's rare to find that happen. You notice eyes later usually, and sometimes that ends up being what you're most familliar with, but not always.

If colors and eye sizes were toned down to a more natural concept. Roy's would be an amber I imagine, a very light brown, which wouldn't glow with that alien light.
Being part of the royal family, I just don't think that many people would be able to pick out the suble differences between them unless it was brought to their attention to do so.

-My DeviantArt-
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elzamine wrote:
As much as people like to say that eyes are the first thing they notice about a person, I find it's rare to find that happen. You notice eyes later usually, and sometimes that ends up being what you're most familliar with, but not always.

with that statement it just all depends on what that person is into.

kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not to mention his eye shape is differnt, so if they had the same color the'd be shaped differntly, the eye shape gives the face a more 'mean/sneeky/sinister' look.

and Oob, you told Jowston you had those color-morphic eyes that change now and then depending on stuff. Mine does that to I think.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: