Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Editorial: Genso Shinsyo Vol. 15 Info

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Editorial: Genso Shinsyo Vol. 15 Info Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Article URL--
http://www.suikox.com/ed/shinsyo40322.html

Please discuss the article here. I am interested in feedback, especially regarding the following points--

1. Do you like to see more Genso Shinsyo summaries?

2. What did you like/dislike about the article?

3. Did the article change your perception of any of the characters or plot element? Why/why not?
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) I would love to see more Genso Shinsyo summaries. It makes it seem like the information is coming from closer to the source than other things. Like when I hear people talking about Hortez XII is Raura's son, I have to doubt them until I find some reliable source for this claim. And while you are one of the most reliable sources out there, Blue Moon, the Genso Shinsyos are about as close to the horse's mouth as you can get. And seeing as how I can't read Japanese, I love how you are willing to summarize it for me. Kudos to you!

2) I liked just about everything about it. It gave me more information on characters I wanted to know more about, it made me feel like I had a backstage pass of sorts to the world of Suikoden. And best of all, it talked about Maximillian. What I didn't like about it was the whole Kreutz thing about Geil changing his name from Georg to Geil because it's "easier to pronounce", that just seems strange. Why can't they just say "Oh, that was a typo. Sorry, our bad." I mean, there are some things which I believe they had planned from the beginning, but that just looks like they are trying to justify a typo. And there wasn't enough about Maximillian.

3) It made me think very differently about Jacques. I didn't know much about Jacques before, as he doesn't talk much in the game. I didn't know that he went adventuring before he teamed up with Geddoe and company, he doesn't seem like the lone adventurer type. I didn't know about the events leading up to his teaming up with Geddoe and company, that story makes him seem more mysterious. And I didn't know that Sanady had a True Rune in it, it really makes me wonder what Rune it was. And the whole thing about Hanzo's part in the Gate Rune Wars was very interesting, as I always wondered why they gave him a portrait when he only had one or two lines at the very end of the game.
nightrider

1000 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1.) I would relay like to see more of them, and maybe even some summaries of older issues.

2.) I loved it, it was informative and easy to read.

3.) It didn't change any of my views, but it did help flesh out the characters and weapons of the Suiko world.
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Editorial: Genso Shinsyo Vol. 15 Info Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes! I love reading them. They provide so much information about characters I love that haven't been given adequate info on yet. I especially love this one because it deals with the mercenaries.

Well it's not exactly like you wrote it, but... the info on Jacques/Ace/Joker is interesting, and I like the view on Geddoe and Queen's relationship. The bit on Joshua was /really/ interesting, since I'd never given any thought to why he was no longer the holder of the rune. Once I read that it was like a sudden bolt of lightning, and now I really want to know what happened to him between games.

3. Did the article change your perception of any of the characters or plot element? Why/why not?

Like I said, Geddoe and Queen's relationship makes a lot more sense with what was written. Geddoe definitely doesn't seem like the type, but the two share a lot of understanding. This doesn't have much to do with the article but I felt like sharing my complete idiocy, since it relates. I didn't realize what the names of the 12th unit meant until after I had beaten it once. FOR SOME REASON it wouldn't connect, and I don't know why, since it's so obvious. I never saw 'Jacques' being Jack, and I consider Ace to be a real name, so it just never clicked until I finally saw Jacques name written in Japanese and realized how completely dumb I was.

Yeah, the article explains it, so don't anyone take it lightly! There are some people out there sad enough to have not gotten it...
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Frankly, i like all of your editorial because reading about Suikoden is always a pleasure for me. I am very greatful for Genso Shinyo info to be summarised because that is a major source of information for Suikoden. And of course, it is hard to obtain, and i do not understand Japanese.

So yeah.. Such information and juicy bits regarding suikoden is always welcomed. Real suikoden lovers are always willing to read about suikoden.
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can you post info from issues 1-14 blue moon? I'm sure all of us would be greatly interested.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I may do that, but it would take an incredibl amount of time.
Leo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But sir, you would grant us a great gift, the gift of knowledge, and with it, we may become like your children, learning from your every words.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes please!

I like that even the small/obscure bits of information were reported instead of just sticking to stuff concerning "popular" characters/storylines.

It was quite interesting to learn more about Mike, I hope more is revealed in the future.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd egg you to translate amd put up the other shinyo information... But i don't want to be annoying... Neither do i want to suck up to you or anything...

So uh... I'm sure everyone will love you very much if you are so kind as to translate it... It is the sharing of suikoden information to fans around the world who don't know japanese... Yeah... Do a kind deed... Thanks...
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't they also get posted on the suikosource boards? I'm not a regular there but I do remember seeing older ones awhile back. I'm sure they're not there anymore, but it's another source, right? Besides, isn't most of the information they contained integrated into all the information we know about characters and the story? Is there actually any 'lost' information we're missing out on without having all of them to peruse?
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

U forget that blue moon isnt there anymore so i dont know how good thier translators are (although they DID translate that one trailer)

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, Howling Guild and Genso of suikosource are good translators, so the summaries availavle there would be just as good.
Snowe Vingerhut

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

--1. Do you like to see more Genso Shinsyo summaries?--

Absolutely! That would be awesome!

--2. What did you like/dislike about the article?--

Official information about characters is great since the games can only give so much depth.
All the stuff here that Konami came up with here is pretty good info(IMO).

Yeah, because it's new facts about the characters not officially known.
mergle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First of all, many thanks for posting this. My answer to your questions can be summarized as information = good.

So Konami _finally_ gives us more information on how the True Runes affect biology. Now if only they'd tell us how True Rune bearers keep their teeth.... :P

....Geil is refered to as Georg by Kreutz? I'm sorry, was this somehow corrected in the US release, or are you pulling our legs, here?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: