Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Speculation on the Prince's Ancestry (spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Speculation on the Prince's Ancestry (spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I was thinking about the Prince's ancestry, him being the son of Ferid and Arshtat and all and was thinking, does he have 2 royal bloodlines flowing thru him? If we take into account that he already has the Falenan royal bloodline thanks to Arshtat, but Ferid is from the Island Nations Federation, and from simple deduction we can allude/assume that he is the older runaway brother of Bernadette, as well as Skald's son. Coupled with the fact that Skald Egan looks like Lino En Kuldes (as well as being the admiral of a Ship with the same name), and Bernadette being in a position similar to Sialeeds for the Prince (royal aunt?), it makes me wonder if he also contains the royal bloodline of the Island Nations/Obel as well. And if this was the case, we would also assume that the bloodline was passed on thru Princess Flare, which would make her (if we avg a new descendant every lets say generation/20 years) the Prince's great great great great great great great grandma on Ferid's side, which would make Lazlo (Flare's brother and Prince of Obel though he may or may not know it) the Prince's great great great great great great Uncle :D Which would make it a family with bearers of two different true runes (Lazlo with the True Rune of Punishment and any Falenan Queen with the True Sun Rune). Would be funny if the Prince met his great great great great great great uncle face to face while he looked around the same age as him haha. Too bad the Prince won't live forever like Lazlo though. Just my thought on the matter, if anyone cares to agree or debate against this feel free. I'd be interested to hear any input! Enjoy.

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's certainly possible. However, the evidence is far from conclusive either way, and it's unlikely that Konami will ever go so far as to elaborate on Ferid's family history; if they wanted something like this to be official, Ferid would have probably been referred to as Ferid En Kuldes at some point. It would be quite interesting if they did though.

One argument I can think of against this is that Ferid is referred to as a "barbarian" at some point (I think it may have been by those Falenan nationalists that accosted Belcoot). That could be dismissed as simple nationalistic and racist rhetoric, but, if I recall correctly, most Falenans seem to respect Skald Egan, a member of the upper echolon of the Island Nations' society, even though nationalism runs fairly rampant throughout Falena. Therefore, it could be argued that Ferid would not be referred to as a "barbarian" were he of the same class (or higher) as Skald. Still, like I said, far from conclusive either way.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Konami's official Suikoden V guide mentions that Ferid is Skuld Egan's first son. However, there's no information stating that the Egan family is related to the En Kuldes family.
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting, thanks for the confirmation Sars!

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."
the loose teeth

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

so...bernadette is the prince's aunt?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Ferid is Skuld Egan's son, then Bernadette would be the prince's aunt.
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Camus the Noble wrote:
It's certainly possible. However, the evidence is far from conclusive either way, and it's unlikely that Konami will ever go so far as to elaborate on Ferid's family history; if they wanted something like this to be official, Ferid would have probably been referred to as Ferid En Kuldes at some point. It would be quite interesting if they did though.

One argument I can think of against this is that Ferid is referred to as a "barbarian" at some point (I think it may have been by those Falenan nationalists that accosted Belcoot). That could be dismissed as simple nationalistic and racist rhetoric, but, if I recall correctly, most Falenans seem to respect Skald Egan, a member of the upper echolon of the Island Nations' society, even though nationalism runs fairly rampant throughout Falena. Therefore, it could be argued that Ferid would not be referred to as a "barbarian" were he of the same class (or higher) as Skald. Still, like I said, far from conclusive either way.

I believe a big reason that the Falenans respect Skald Egan is because Skald Egan benefits Falena. Those pirates he takes care of could become a problem for Falenan towns like Estrise if it wasn't for Skald being a total badass and hauling in every pirate he found. It's hard not to respect someone who takes a burden off your back.

Ferid is another story. He is an Island Nation-born King, and Commander of the Queen's Knights, displacing a Falenan from the Falenan King's throne. While his ability to kick ass is certainly not questionable, and quite a boon to Falena, the fact he does it better than anyone in the country is just one more reason for everyone to resent him.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ferid wasn't a king. Falena doesn't have the title "King."
The only title the husband of the Queen gets is "Commander of the Queens' Knight." (He has no "throne.")
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, then, he took the position of Commander of the Queen's Knights and the social standing that comes with it from a native Falenan, which would not sit well with the very nationalistic people of the Queendom. Thus why they would like Skald better than Ferid, despite their identical origin.

Also, it must be rough, Ferid apparently not having anything to sit on.
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars wrote:
Ferid wasn't a king. Falena doesn't have the title "King."
The only title the husband of the Queen gets is "Commander of the Queens' Knight." (He has no "throne.")

Also, IIRC, one of the NPCs in the Sun Palace says that he is also "Grand General of the Falenan Army."

Camus the Noble wrote:
One argument I can think of against this is that Ferid is referred to as a "barbarian" at some point (I think it may have been by those Falenan nationalists that accosted Belcoot).

Actually, I think Ferid downplayed his noble heritage because he (a) ran away from home and (b) Ferid Egan, Island Nations noble, would probably have gone over even less well (I can imagine Barows and Godwin having issues with foreign nobles (with foreign backing) marrying the Queen whereas "a regular guy" might be more easily removable/manipulable).
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ferid is in fact Skald Egan's son? Wow, that's pretty interesting. I don't recall Skald saying anything like that... and you'd think that if your grandson came asking you for military help, your relationship might at least come up.
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In-game it's hinted vaguely but repeatedly.

Georg's involvement with both Skald and Ferid, Bernadette talking about her oldest brother running away, Bernardette telling the Prince he reminded her of someone, but she couldn't figure out who, etc...

And then, the official guide says it so. So....yeah.

All the way to the edge of this world
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kyle also makes mention that Bern looks like someone...he couldnt figure out who...but concludes that shes hot...haha.

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...it's nice to have a bit of this cleared up. The game only hints at the possible relationship between Ferid and Skald...but it certainly makes a deal of sense. Pretty interesting stuff if Skald is related to Lino En Kuldes though. It'd be hard to tell, given the lack of information on affairs in the Island Nations in the Suikoden V-III area of the Suikoden timeline.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
siefer

6933 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's possible that the Egan family could be a branch of the En Kuldes family that isn't in line for the throne anymore. The fact that Skald is Admiral of their fleet and the slight resemblence to Lino could support that.

However, there could be a multitude of reasons why they decided to do that (design wise).

What I found more interesting was Chisato's little revisionist history in her puppet play...

~Siefer
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: