Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Nether Gate *spoilers abound*
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Nether Gate *spoilers abound* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been digging deeper and deeper into the plots of Suikoden V, and have become amazed at just how deep it is, and how so many of the characters have ties with each other. Anyways, I'm especially intrigued by Nether Gate.

Also, I should note that a lot of this is educated guesswork.

The Five Divisions

Assassination - Takefute (Supreme Commander)
~Takefute fled to Nagarea.
~Sagiri most likely was trained to smile all the time in the assasin training division, but would have been about 14 years old when they disbanded, probably placing her in this division.

Intelligence - Shinatsu (Oboro)
~Oboro grew up in this division.

Subversive Activities - Hinoyagi
~Hinoyagi put up heavy resistance to the order to disband and eventually committed suicide.
~A bad translation, better translated as "sabatoge."

Assassin Training - Kayanu
~The only woman at the head of a division, she fled with Takefute to Nagarea.
~You must be 10 to graduate from this division, as Lyon was eight when she was rescued by Ferid and mentions that in two more years, she would be a full fledged assasin. She was most likely in this division, and was named Mismar back then.
~Dolph was 11 when Nether Gate disbanded, which would mean he would have been out of this division for only a year. This explains why Lyon knew him, although I believe she called him by the name of Michafute. Also I don't know if he would be placed in the Assassin division or the Subversive Activities division, as he did perform several acts of sabatoge throughout the game.

Drug Development - Tsuranami
~Vanished completely, although he likely worked under the Godwins. He could possibly be Childerich
~Developed at least three drugs
~Dark Arcanum, which puts people to sleep without showing any signs of drug use.
~A drug that allows one to "rage," but kills you shortly thereafter (Raging Nostrum)
~A drug that kills you instantly.
~Dolph mentioned that he had been taking many drugs to make him a better fighter, saying that he was only "half-human."

Misc Facts

~Nether Gate tried to steal gun technology from the Howling Voice Guild.
~They assasinated Euram's older brother Hiram Barows and Gizel's mother Rosalind Godwin (Who was assasinated by Dolph).
~Nakula's father was assasinated by Sagiri of Nether Gate after advocating drastic measures against Falena.
~Nether Gate assasinated Queen Falzrahm's husband, Kauss Barrows, as well as Princess Shahrewar's husband, Mardas Godwin, who is Marscal Godwin's cousin.
~Nether Gate also assasinated Princess Shahrewar herself, on Queen Falzrahm's orders.
~Shigure was also most likely in Nether Gate, but what division is unclear.
~Childerich was probably in Nether Gate, and would have been 18 when it disbanded.
~The names of the Nether Gate leaders, as well as the Nether Gate names of Dolph and Lyon, are derived from Japanese Shinto Mythology.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Last edited by Calvin on Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:35 pm; edited 8 times in total
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Nether Gate *spoilers abound* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zonder wrote:

Misc Facts

~They assasinated Euram's older sister and Gizel's mother.
~Nakula's father was assasinated by Nether Gate after advocating drastic measures against Falena.

nakula's father was assasinated by sagiri, and i thought it was euram and luserina's brother? since i'm in their mansion right now i'll check it out again.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Calvin

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, it could have been brother. I'm not in that part of the game right now, so I can't really verify. But I'll add Sagiri to that bullet.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, Lyon would have been a full fledged Assassin when she turned 10 years old. Lyon was talking from the perspective that "If the Nethergate was not demolished when I was 8 years old, I would have been a full fledged assassin in two years."

And yes, Nether Gate killed Hiram Barows, who is Euram and Lucerina's older brother. Their unnamed older sister died from some sort of sickness.

Also, "Subversive Activities" is a pretty bad translation. It should have been "Sabotage." Their role was to destroy stuff and cause a lot of chaos, basically.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Nether Gate *spoilers abound* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zonder wrote:
~I guess that you must be 18 to graduate from this division, as Lyon is 16, and mentions that in two years she would be a full fledged assasin.
~Lyon was most likely in this division when she was rescued by Ferid 8 years ago, around 8 years old.

I think Lyon meant that if she'd stayed in Nether Gate she would have graduated in 2 years (at the age of 10), this would also explain why Sagiri was killing people when she was only 14.
Calvin

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I corrected my mistakes. Thanks for the corrections.

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And also how Dolph ended up killing Rosalind Godwin when he was 10 or 11.

Oh yes, and all of the Nether Gate head honcho's names come from Japanese Shinto mythology. They're all names of gods, even Dolph and Lyon's Nether Gate names.
Calvin

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I'm becoming more intrigued by the minute. I assume Rosalind Godwin is Gizel's mother?

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, she's Gizel's mother, and Marscal's wife.

Also, Shahrewar's husband is called Mardas (or Mirtas), and he's Marscal's counsin.
Calvin

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cool, I made the additions. I'm beginning to realize just how much the prominent families have been ripped apart by Nether Gate. I can understand why it was disbanded, as it practically annihilated the Royal family, and the two most prominent noble families in Falena!

When you stop to think about it, all the families were a lot bigger before Nether Gate got their hands on them...

Edit: And not only that, but Nether Gate's reach extended beyond country borders! I wonder if they acted on their own when they went after the gun technology of the Howling Voice Guild?

Gunloc

19976 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe Dolph's Nether Gate alias is Michafute.

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're right, Gunloc. I fixed that, and I added the name of the second drug, Raging Nostrum.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also Tsuranami likely worked under the Godwins, based on the fact that the Raging Nostrum and Dark Arcanum are drugs that onl a few know how to make, and they spoil very fast.
Calvin

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I added that as well.

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll have to look it up but I've heard there's some strings of evidence suggesting that Tsuranami was/is Childerich.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: