Suikoden United and Infamous Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Comment Box (Spoilers inside)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Comment Box (Spoilers inside) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I figured the coment box could have its own thread to talk about intersting messages left in it.

So far to me the most interesting one I've gotten was left by Cathari. Its about the coronation. She wrote "I hear on of the Six Great Generals, Milich Oppenheimer, was here as an envoy of the Scarlet Moon Empire. It would have been interesting if he'd run into Georg."

I know that at one time Georg was a Great General, but what is the relathionship between Milich and Georg at the time of Suikoden V other than that?

Other messages are just funny and entertaining, but that one caught my eye.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't gotten all the messages for it yet, but so far I am really impressed. In the past games, messages in the comment box were usually there just for laughs, and occasionally developed the character who dropped in the message.

But in V, characters develop other characters and relationships with others. It really makes the army feel like a connected group, instead of a bunch of random people who are just living under the same roof. Bravo Konami, another something you did right in Suikoden V!

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the one sent by Roog about Logg going off at the Dragonhorse riders about Lun hanging around with them so much.
It's also great that it contains a few hints for recruiting characters.
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the ones from Babbage. He just draws up these extremely complex gear blueprints (some big enough to cover the entire floor), then drops them into the comment box with no explanation whatsoever.

But, yeah, I think they did a great job with the comment box this time. It was the first time I actually checked the comment box regularly.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Locke wrote:
I know that at one time Georg was a Great General, but what is the relathionship between Milich and Georg at the time of Suikoden V other than that?

There isn't a specific relationship between Georg and Milich but from what I gather, Georg left the Scarlet Moon Empire rather abruptly and there MAY be some animosity from his fellow generals.

One of my favorite Comment Box side stories was Lu being fooled by Roy into thinking that the Prince wanted to meet her on the roof one night, but then never showed up. It was humorous.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liek that the Comment Box has an acctual Use. It makes it well way more real than the old ones did. Like no being able to get Ersh without that comment in your box. Stufff like that is cool. The Notes from the Dragon Horses and Babbage are pretty silly if ya ask me.

But that's why I like it so well.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Roy + Linfa = Funny comments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: