Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

General "What would you want?" Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with most of what Acheron said, the armour thing, more sidequests (definitely!) and more enemies. Just not the religion thing, stick to politics.

Most of all I just want some info on the game. A tiny sneak peak would tide me over for months.
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Adding the relgion would be a little more interesting. Since these days religion and politics intertwine with one another now especially in the United States. It would be interesting to see relgion and politics intertwining in the Suikoden world.

Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Philosopherking wrote:
Adding the relgion would be a little more interesting. Since these days religion and politics intertwine with one another now especially in the United States. It would be interesting to see relgion and politics intertwining in the Suikoden world.

These days? Religion and politics have intertwined since the conception of religion (some call it the first political party) - and the Suiko series is running out of political reasons to go to war, I know I know I know - there will always be reasons to go to war, but Religion is the 600lb Gorilla in the suikoden room. It would definatly spice up the story and provide some really good moral and personal qualms - videogames arn't afraid to take on religion look at FFT, Vandal Hearts, Radiata Stories, Xenogears - in all of those games the church was portrayd as an evil entity, and with the introduction of places such at the Theocracy of Nagaera and Harmonia the ability to incorporate religion into a major political plot grows all the more possible.

I hate you Onimaru.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Definitely the Cooking contest. I loved it. And also gratuitious fan service of the more adult variety. Hurhurhur. :P
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
Hey, if it is going to be on the PS3 then it's not like the Blu-Ray disc won't have enough room for stuff. Plus, in the games which did have character design changes to reflect the weapons and gear being carried there were close to several hundreds of combinations. Even if it is 70 characters they don't have the tons of choices in gear that Dragon Quest VIII and Rogue Galaxy had to animate for.

It's not a matter of space though. It doesn't matter if it's Blu-Ray or not, it's an issue of time. Designing how different armor will fit 70 characters would add a lot of time to development. Every day a game is in development is a day the game is not on the market making money for the Konami Head Honcho.

Onimaru wrote:
in all of those games the church was portrayd as an evil entity

Remember that game that made the church good?

Cuz I don't.

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: General "What would you want?" Topic Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
After being horrably peeved with a 2nd level headquators and have few options to decorate my suiko 5 headquators...for one I'd like more decorating, the option to hang more paintings (i looked at the walls maybe I missed somthing?) if a charactor has their own room (an important SOD) I should be able to give them paintings, nicknacks and potter and bonzi.

I'd also like rugs! yes rugs! or like in suiko 4, prehaps a room to decrate differntly. that was fun!

and more animals insted of dogs and cats, have some birds, birds are outside but I'd like a parrot on a perch or prehaps a finch in a cage,even if its also a fake bird. but as for animals that walk around, yeh...there has got to be more. maybe a pot bellied pig.

possble other things, maybe a piano in the headquators or a bunch of instruments for your song person(s) really....looks good you know.

also more weird technolgy and things that make no sence, maybe they do, did we see record players yet?

You've got some good ideas. I love Suikoden V, but the headquarters was a bit of a mess. No real logical construction, made even worse once the place expanded and people (Logg and his boat, for instance) kept moving to different locations.

As far as your idea for being able to hang more paintings and such, I'd suggest a room of the castle to be reserved as an art gallery. Kind of like the statue room in Budehuc Castle from Suikoden III. Taking it a step further, one of the gallery's walls could become a mural after you collect the various paints, like in the first Suikoden. Only this time, instead of having to speak to a guy like Ivanov to see it, it would be clearly visible on the gallery wall.

Other things I'd like to see in Suikoden VI, in no particular order, are as follows...

1) I'd like to see a more controlled encounter rate. Traditionally, Suikoden games have had high encounter rates, with the exception of the 3rd installment. Battles don't have to be as infrequent as Suikoden III's were, but something in between should be sufficient. If the game is long enough, there's no need for so many random battles, in my opinion. Your party will level up just fine without them. If you need it, you can still have the option of equipping the Great Firefly Rune, if you'd like (or even make it an accessory, as to not waste a Rune slot), or even bring back the training room from Suikoden IV... but there should be no need for a Champion's Rune.

2) Tweak the camera a bit. I didn't really mind the bird's-eye view, but there were some instances where the camera just got... weird. For instance, when you'd lose Frey and Lyon behind a building or some other such structure. If Konami doesn't decide on a rotating camera, at least have it adjust automatically for things like this.

3) Bring back the Suikoden III skills system! Well, merged with Suikoden V's method of condensing certain skills (like "Magic", as opposed to all the different elements as separate skills) at least. I was excited when it was announced they were bringing back combat and magic training in Suikoden V... and then dissapointed to learn I could only equip 2 skills at a time. If you really want to have some fun with customization, I feel this is the way to go.

4) As far as the battle system goes, I think it was pretty spot-on for the most part. Love the addition of formations. The timer added to one-on-one duels was great, too. The tactical war system? Needs some work. I'm not sure real-time works so well here, especially during battles that I'd need to watch both land and sea troops very closely, on such a large, sprawling battlefield. To make matters worse, there were times when units couldn't run away, because they kept doing stupid stuff like running into walls. I'd prefer the mpre traditional rock/paper/scissors method, or some derivative of it.

5) Certainly keep Subala's fishing mimi-game! That was great. I also enjoyed Dragon Horse racing. Perhaps something similar in Suikoden VI with a new kind of beast would be nice.

6) Maybe it's just me, but I kinda missed the lottery this time around. I realize it's so random, but still. I thought trading was a bit goofy, too. Why was I wasting so much storage space carrying around 6 individual salts, when past games have let you carry around "Salt x 6"? Maybe I'm nitpicking.

You know, when I began this post, I didn't realize it'd go for this long. I suppose I sort of got on a roll. In any case, I hope you guys enjoyed reading. As always, your thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Metallingus

Grandchildren of the Runes

30829 Potch
49 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want... less loading time. Seriously. Suikoden III's load times were fine, Suikoden V's were just horrible. That messy, messy Ceras Lake castle would have been tolerable if the load times weren't horrible. Then again, with those load times they needed to design an easy-to-navigate castle in the first place. Go back to incremental castle designs (i.e. Toran, North Window, and Budehuc) and do away with the shifting design. It doesn't work. :D

So...

1.) Less loading times, as explained earlier.

2.) Better castle design. Rather, they should go back to designing castles like they did for Toran, North Window and Budehuc; castles that grow as recruits increase, not change as they increase.

3.) Retain the Suikoden V battle system. I like the whole deal with formations, 6 person parties, and the like.

4.) Either make the entourage larger, or stop forcing characters down our throats. Nothing sucks like a plot-trigger that forces you to take a level 5 character to a mid or late game dungeon and destroy your party's synergy. One character is fine, two as long as they're competent (i.e. Fliktor; Zweig and Lorelai are rather questionable) but more is a pain in the ass.

5.) Agreed with bringing back the training room.

6.) I'd like to see a secret dungeon, actually. One that needs certain requirements achieved before it opens up, like the Cave of Trials from SO2 or Hell Gate from Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. Something to distract you from the plot and put off you're finishing the game by rushing the endboss or something.

7.) A better New Game+. I want big rewards like a whole new plot angle for finishing the game, or an unlockable costume or armor set or something, new content, to make a long story short.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Metallingus wrote:
I want... less loading time. Seriously. Suikoden III's load times were fine, Suikoden V's were just horrible. That messy, messy Ceras Lake castle would have been tolerable if the load times weren't horrible. Then again, with those load times they needed to design an easy-to-navigate castle in the first place. Go back to incremental castle designs (i.e. Toran, North Window, and Budehuc) and do away with the shifting design. It doesn't work. :D

Can I get an "Amen"? Yeah, sweet game or not, Ceras Lake Castle just sucked. In fact, the general layouts of many of the towns were rather poor. Whoever was in charge of said layouts... well, let's just say I'd rather not see their work again. If the Kawano team is still doing Suikoden VI, it'll be interesting to see if the camera, layouts, etcetra, revert back to Suikoden IV's style. Of course, let's hope they manage to churn out a better game than they did last time.
Buzzed_Jedi

6906 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

More of a story/history on Yuber, Pesmerga, Leeknaat, Zerase, Viki, & Jeane.......just so much not known about them
Onix

26611 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd really them to keep making good HQs. Thrilling and twisting storyline. As challenging as FF series. Moving (SIII) Better use of skills and skill points. I'd like them to make another strategiest that has no relation to the Silverberg. More cutscenes. Maintain the voice acting. Bigger cities and stuff.
Sol-Falena is the capital of Falena, but its like its a townhouse.
Muse City is the capital of Dunan Republic/Jowston Republic, but its too small.
:D

"It shall be engraved upon your very soul!" Hrist Valkyrie (VP2)
Buzzed_Jedi

6906 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: General "What would you want?" Topic Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree HQ's need a change from V, go back to III's Budehuc Castle's type, maybe even get to choose what rooms/establishments/etc... go where, when fixing your HQ.(I know...customization won't happen, but can hope)

I also hate at night, when they won't let your character be able to roam the whole HQ, it's your HQ, you should be able to go anywhere in it.

I want the Hero of the game to be an Adult, not some youngster again.....or if not, make it so that time works on you(you age as the game progresses) Character customizing would be nice to have at some point for our Hero.

Take place in any of the following places:

Kooluk
Knightdom of Gaien
Kanakan
Holy Harmonia
The Nameless Lands
Howling Voice Guild

That's all i can think of at the moment.......
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: General "What would you want?" Topic Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Storyline: First I want is more of the same: dramatic hero(es), war, politics, conspirations, many interesting characters with chemistry between then, old faces, etc. If they put this in the game I will enjoy regardeless of the rest.
I dont mind a Trynity system if those elements are present, but I want then to futher explain the Dharma/Chaos conflict and those involved (Windy, Leeknaat, Hikusaak, Yuber, etc...). I think we had enough games not conected with SI-III.

Battle System: Dont care much about this, but improving the skill system would be nice.

Duels: They could try something different on this one, maybe allowing you to read the enemy's move though his movement and not his speech or hitting buttons after chossing the options...

War Battles: I think Konami didnt find the ideal system yet, a battle like Total war series would be cool (real time, soliders get tired, have morale, rout easily if the comander unit is defeated, etc).
BTW, I think a spin off Suikoden War Stategy Game would be great, focus on the war system and let the player choose where he wants to attack, fully customize the army, the HQ (creating wall, traps, towers), etc.

Time and location: It can be anywhere, but I wouldnt like anything too far way in place and time from SI-III and V.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I guess some of what I'll say came from the lengthy post I made in another thread just now, so I'll just keep this one much shorter:

I would like to see:

-An action-RPG with a larger cast of characters than 6. Time to make the jump, Suikoden!

-More cinematics interwoven throughout the game. (Why do we get the goofy cinematic showing Neclord in S2 but then nothing else until the sacrifice in Muse? Or why show the lizards charge Iksay village in S3? It wasn't that pivotal a moment, and yet it was pretty much the only one in the game.)

-Something others have said, but alternate character designs depending on the level of their weapons and the type of armor they're wearing. OR, you should be able to find alternate clothing and give the Tenkai a closet so we can choose which clothes he should wear. Wouldn't you like to find Lazlo an alternative to those horrible short-shorts if you could?? Friggin' Snowe has alternate costumes, but we're not staring at his back for 40+ hours either. (And no, New Game+ doesn't count.)

-More challenge. Sadly, Suikoden is one of those titles that is simply too easy (except for maybe the first game). Maybe create "Easy-Normal-Hard" modes?

-If the game ever makes it to PS3 or 360 (or both), then I would love to see an online function. Not sure how it would work or what would be the point, but that's not my job. :P In the same vein, I would also like to see DLC like extra maps and items and stuff, or maybe being able to port characters from previous games. Tir as DLC, only $4.99!! Lazlo would be free. :D

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Wind Rune

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i agree with Noot on the changing clothes part. seriously. i liked the clothes the prince, Lyon and the others wore on their escape. i hated their normal clothes. and as for Lazlo's short shorts, how can he even move in that thing?

cinematics, key scenes would be great but not too many.

i don't think they will make Suikoden an action-rpg ala star ocean. it just doesn't feel like Suikoden especially if you have a party of 6. there would be enough chaos trying to control that to satisfy even Yuber's longing.

now for what i want to see in the next Suikoden.

the cooking contest back. i liked it a lot. especially trying to please a stick in the mud like Luc.

the dragon knights. not the ones from V. i mean the real dragon knights from goya in Toran.

a simple castle. my fave was Toran Castle. mainly because i didn't need a map to find out where everything is. the number of time i got lost in Ceras Lake..

a female Tenkai. ok they blew their chance in Falena but you never know.

Storm. for nostalgia but that would just mean i may get to see Clive again. and while i'm talking about recurring stars then how about we see..

Viktor and Flik. i don't even care if i can't use them in battle. i just want to find out what the hell happened to them after they left Edge with that obnoxious sword

and lastly, more story for Viki. you know she deserves it
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

rbirth of highland and king of the new highland is luca blight and his general is Solon Jhee but this time luca is new preson but dont worry his old seft will show up to highland will keep peace with The Dunan Republic The Grassland and
Zexen Confederacy go to war with Tinto Republic. collapse of the Tinto Republic now its under the rule Dunan Republic
Kooluk Empirecome back to its old seft
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: