Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

General "What would you want?" Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: General "What would you want?" Topic Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After being horrably peeved with a 2nd level headquators and have few options to decorate my suiko 5 headquators...for one I'd like more decorating, the option to hang more paintings (i looked at the walls maybe I missed somthing?) if a charactor has their own room (an important SOD) I should be able to give them paintings, nicknacks and potter and bonzi.

I'd also like rugs! yes rugs! or like in suiko 4, prehaps a room to decrate differntly. that was fun!

and more animals insted of dogs and cats, have some birds, birds are outside but I'd like a parrot on a perch or prehaps a finch in a cage,even if its also a fake bird. but as for animals that walk around, yeh...there has got to be more. maybe a pot bellied pig.

possble other things, maybe a piano in the headquators or a bunch of instruments for your song person(s) really....looks good you know.

also more weird technolgy and things that make no sence, maybe they do, did we see record players yet?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I definitely don't want the overhead view. It was hard to navigate and see ahead. >_>

I want more misseable SOD's. To make the game more challenging.

I would also like a record player of some sort. Like in Radiata Stories, in Jack's room. Or those random radios. Those were entertaining.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think only Harmonia would have record technology. Maybe there's a secretive guild that records music...
Anyway, I'd like to see the HQ go back to the style of II and III. With the main castle being seperate from the shops, and such. More customizability in the HQ would be great, as well. Another farm, with sheep, pigs, etc. would be cool. Maybe even Yuzu could come back.
A war battle system that doesn't annoy the crap outta me would be nice, too.

Story-wise, I'd like it to actually take place AFTER the first Suikoden. Maybe even after Suikoden II, or *gasp* after III?

2985 Potch
0 Soldiers
21837 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The return of the Cooking Contest. Enough said.

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

seconds the cooking contest and trolls instead of some animal...maybe have hai yo return and run a cooking school as a mini game.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want a Kobold Tenkai. :P I'm also getting pretty tired with the games dating back before Suikoden 1, I want a more futuristic(not too much though) theme in the game.

Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want the skill system from Suiko Tactics back. I thought the skill system in SuikoV was a step down.

And I also want action runes to have more unique skills (like in Suiko Tactics where Great Hawk, Falcon,etc had 3 seperate attacks).
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Speaking of the Falcon Rune, here's something I'd like to see: Roundier Haia. We keep hearing about this guy, and seeing his Falcon Rune-bearing students all over, but we've never seen him. Granted, we'd probably have to go to Kanakan, but, I'm up for it.

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always loved the decoration aspect of the game with the interesting paintings, pots, and statues. S3 was great, plenty of places to put things. Suikoden 4 was a bit more garbage since the space to put things was so limited and I didn't find the things for the customizable room, though it could be cool, I suppose. Suikoden 5 was just so not cool with decorations. I was expecting you could line the giant empty hallway on the 3rd floor with paintings but no. Basically the only place to decorate was the few places in your room, which makes sense being that normally you wouldn't decorate someone elses room but this is an RPG damnit! Also in Suikoden 3 they had the epty pedestals outside the war room that you could put matching statues. That was cool, bring tht back. It gave a personal flare to it and a good excuse to have two of the same statue out.

I liked the statue room in S5 where the people who excelled in certain area's had statues you didn't need to find or anything. I wish you could choose which three you could put up. Instead of just "Most KO's", "Most Damage", and "Best Healer" you could choose to have two of those and "Most first moves" or "Most spells cast" or "Most fights seen" or "Most experience". That would be nice.

I'd like to see an HQ completely different. I thought each Suikoden had a unique HQ but now I'm not so sure. You had a castle, a tower, a manor, a boat, a caravan, and then back to a tower. I don't know, maybe you get a whole village with walls, a fort, or an encampment built into the sheer cliff edge like in the western ancient north america's. I think it was called Mesa Verde where the adobe village was in the side of the plateau, though I'm probably wrong. It was 4th grade.

I agree with alot of what ya'll are saying. I'd appreciate the 3 spells from a special rune, too, like in Tactics with the various runes. As far as skills go I was sated with Suikoden 3 style. Simple and not too hard to do. I felt that in Suikoden 5 it was more strategic but the skills didn't really impact your fights in a substantial way so the element itself went unnoticed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ryanwh

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First off, bring back the dynamic camera or (preffereably) make different camera options(and this time, Id preffer them not to make the least attractive camera zoom the default it goes back to for all the story elements). Also, more useless minigames and stuff just to give the different areas of the castle more interactivity and so I dont forget some fo the weaker players(which should in large be the ones with minigames and stuff). A collesium would be nice, even though most games have it(but most games dont have 3 different battle systems so a suikoden collesium could be more versatile).

In general though, most of the problems I had with 5 can be attributed to budget/time restraints, and Im sure the developers were perfectly aware of them and so long as their budget/time restraints dont increase I dont plan on seeing those problems go away. But if they do, Im sure they will be so I wont even bring em up cus we all know what they are.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What I would love to see would be a combination of all the games. You would upload data from all the games, pick the stars you want, and Viki would be responsible for hero's from different times and places. But the hero should be an all new hero. It would be great, you could set up dream parties, and have the ultimate stars list.
Crimson

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The cooking contest, the fishing contest in V
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

YES! I love the fishing contest!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
red stuff

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really care about camera views so long as the towns/dungeons are big and interesting, but that's easier to do with an overhead view so...

Since V does nearly everything so well, it's kinda hard to think of that much I want for VI. I really want the staff from V back, though that's not entirely likely. I hope they at least bring back the scenario writer, though. I'd like to see some slightly higher difficulty as well, and a turn based system for war battles would be nice.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, what I would want in a Suikoden. Well..

Firstly I would want it to take place in New Armes and Nagarea. We already know some stuff about the nations and we already know of a few characters who could be in the game. I beleive more can be done with Nakula and the Nether Gate. We know there are still missing Nether Gate members and that they have fled Falena (it was speculated they went to Nagarea and that is why portions of the game would take place there) also as a bad guy we have already seen one Armes general who is still alive aside from the good hearted Shuya Valya (I think that was his name, he had very little storyline neccessity in V, perhaps in VI he could play a more predominant role).

Reoccurring characters, I'ds love to see this game take place during the smae time as Suikoden I, right after the events of Suikoden V. This would mean that there would be no Viki right? Wrong. Little Viuki from III could be in New Armes. And of course there can be Jeane, since she's an enigma and all. Other reoccurring characters would be Nakula, Sharmista and Nifsara. Perhaps Josephine and Gavaya as well. Since the story will have to do with Nether Gate Sagiri and Shigure can return too. More of the Aethelbald family may be found as well, not neccessarily meaning Egbert will be in the game but his relations may be. Of course they'd be just as nuts. The continuation of Mathias and Isabel's journey could be in the stoy somewhere as well.

I for one like the way the camera was done for Suikoden V. It went to the more overheadish view we had in Suikoden I and II that we all love so much. I would just try to avoid having so many things that can block the camera's view.

I'd keep the skill system fairly the same, except make the points lesser and get rid of the equipping certain skills. There's no point in boosting more than 2 skills in Suikoden V unless you planned on using those Epics, and that was a pain to do on anyone that wasn't the Prince, Lyon or other members you insisted to use constantly. I say keep the system more like Suikoden III, but not the magic specific type thing. But I would keep the party SP thing. Also it was a bit unfair to Levi, Zerase, Jeane, Georg, Zegai and others who were forced to constantly have their specific skills equipped.

Keep the minigames fun. V did a wonderful job with that and I can not complain. I think it was a dramatic step up from IV and their stupid boring games (That coin flip game where you guess heads or tails... What the hell were they thinking?) But I WOULD bring back the suikoden staple game of Chinchironin (sp?) that was missing in Suikoden V.

More plot twists. The Sialeeds plot twist was awesome, but there could be more. Also I think more pick a star things. Like the Eresh/Euram star choice. Or the Valeria/Kasumi star choice in II, those were cool and made the game somewhat more replayable.

Oboro had a cool detective agency, much better than Kidd's and if IV had one, it must not have made an impresion on me. I want the Richmond investigations back. He was the best because he got the info. Personality wise, Oboro beat Richmond, but as a P.I. I take Richmond any day. I want his style investigations back. The first sheet is the basic info, second is stuff you didn't know about them and the third is real dirt about their past. If it weren't for Richmond, we'd never have know about Georg or Killey's past in Falena. What has Kidd's, IV's (Was it Deborah?) and Oboro's really told us about anyone? Not as much as Richmond, that is for sure.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: