Suikoden United and Illegal Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Non-Fighters Let Downs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

poorguy171 wrote:
What, nobody was prepared to use Linfa as one of their mages! I know I was disappointed to find all she could do was support.

I was pretty disappointed with her non-fighter status too, she had a cute character design that would be more awesome when she uses her cuteness to deal out heavy amounts of damage. :(

The Lazy Bum

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wanted to play as Retso...dunno why, but Hai Yo got to fight...and Retso looks like a big man too. Or it's the chef's hat.
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yea, I wanted to use Retso, too. If you look at the posters, he's in a battle stance with two chef's knives. He'd be awesome to use in combat.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

just thought of two more for me. i was also dissapointed when we could fight with zahak and alenia.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Forum Poster wrote:
Ganon Dun wrote:
The people I wanted to be fighters who weren't were Egbert Aethelbald...

I bet he'd come equipped with an unremovable Crazed Rune.

This could imply that he is part of nether gate, as the only times you get crazed runes is from the Nether Gate cronies. I never anticipated him to be a fighter. But it would have been cool.

The only real "dissapointment" I had was Boz Wilde. He was one of my favorite characters and he looked so darn cool. I thought he would have the Mow Down skill with his enormous axe.

Initially I thought Meuller and Wilhelm would fight, but I wasn't really dissapointed when I found out otherwise. It would have been cool to see the Lindwurm unite, or the Meuller-Richard unite attack.

Although I never got him, I chose Eresh instead, Euram Barows would have been a cool fighter. Euram would have the skunk rune always equipped. Or thats what I would figure.

Although you never got him on the team, for some reason I though Jidan Guisu would join your side when he was ditched by his commander in Sable and to get revenge against the Godwins. But instead you slay his fat ass and he dies. Tsch, what a waste.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Ashley Riot

The Queensguard

20000 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ferid would've been awesome to use, but definitely overkill, given that so many people believe he's Georg Prime's equal in swordplay. It's like the deal with T.G. Cid and Balbanes Beoulve in Final Fantasy Tactics-- just look at how much ass the guy you actually get kicks, flays, and barbecues. Do you really need another? ;)

That said, Boz, Solis, Craig, Luserina, and Linfa are my disappointments, there. Solis especially, I really liked his character design.

"I've been shown a lifetime of oddities in a day." -- Ashley Riot
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I expected Euram to fight, as it would be a big change in character, and all. But I'm just glad he realized he was a worthless piece of human garbage, that pleased me.

Besides that... Boz, I guess. Although he's pretty much the Tenkou Star in practice if not in name (he's the "CHANT VICTORY, DAMMIT!" guy, after all) and they fight about as often as they don't, I suppose. But man, he could have had a unite with Dinn (I guess they gave it to Belcoot instead, for reasons unknown.)

I used two parenthetical expressions in one post. I'm so proud.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Egbert in battle.... I'd really like to see that. Konami's gotta put in more characters like to Suikoden! Anyways, I'm dissapointed that Boz, Felid, Chuck, Wilheim and Mueller can't be used in battle.. Ok, so Chuck's got his own reasons, but he would be damn valuable in the party. Oh, and Norden too. I thought as soon as he joined he'd get a new costume and quit being a drunkard.
rakashu

Divinity

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although a playable character, the one I'm dissapointed with the most is the hero him self. I hate his weapon so much, I just wish they would give you a sweet weapon as a hero for once. Like a giant huge bastard sword or something....but no, it's always some teenager punk looking guy who wields these light weapons.

Dont get me wrong, he looks cool swinging around his little sticks or death, but it's not as cool as a giant sword.
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Swords are as overdone as they come.

Unique weapons like a Bo, tonfa or a Tri-section staff make for an interesting character since, like their weapon the Tenkai is a unique character.

I mean, if you even go over the reoster in the games, count how many characters are equiped with like say a sword, or a spear, or a sword and shield or a bigh honking sword, and then go over them again and count how many characters have truely unique weapons.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Nameless Wanderer

Chuukekkonkoken

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, the santetsukon was a cool weapon. If the Tenkai used a sword in this installment, it'd have been "wrong", since the Prince had a fragile looking body. A giant sword would've been unbecoming.

We also don't need a Tenkai who's a copy of any Final Fantasy main protagonist, which seems like something that Konami is trying to do. (I hope)

However, Kyril's special heavy double blade weapon trumps all of the other weapons that I've seen in the series. Only the double tonfa, Grosser Fluss?, that HUGE one-shot rifle Cathari has, and the recent santetsukon comes close.

The disappointment that I had was the inability to use Ferid, but if I was able to use him, then the story may not have been as amazing as it is.

The next disappointment is that I was not able to use Egbert, for VERY obvious reasons.

Linfa would've been nice to use in battle as a card-throwing trickster, but doesn't really faze me that bad since her game is nice.

//Mahou Furyou Nagima! - Magister Nagi Magi//
Dr. Chaos

13694 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Euram and Egbert, definitely.

It was such a cop out that Euram couldn't fight especially after what happened in Sable.

I don't give a crap If he's a wimp, make him Suiko V's Thomas if you have to, just don't be such a tease, Konami.
siefer

6933 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll have to agree with a few others here in that Linfa was the biggest disapointment to me. I was really looking forward to using her...but alas, I'll have to stick with Sagiri.

To be honest though, I don't know why people like Boz so much, to me he was one of the most useless people in the game.

-Not usable in battle, despite his huge frame and obvious ability and enthusiasm to fight.

-Even in army campaigns, he isn't that good.

-Almost single-handedly drove Sable away from the Prince with his bone-headed comment.

-All-around idiot that doesn't really contribute in any way.

-His biggest contribution was the addition of Estreise forces into the Prince's army, which I believe weren't even that necessary to the overall success of his military campaign. However, this can't really be proved since you do not know how many troops Boz actually contributed and what they accomplished. In reality, he was nothing more than a figurehead that helped the Prince's image (which again, wasn't really necessary, Lucretia alone seemed to be enough to convince most of the major powers to side with the Prince).

I'm sure people will counter-argue, so I'll address that ahead of time:

-The prince's entourage would have went to Rainwall regardless of Boz appearing or not. All he did was verify that Barrows was not on Godwin's side (which he didn't even do a good job of, the party still had their doubts).

-It took the prince himself to get Sable on his side, not Boz. Solis was on the Prince's side even before Boz arrived but couldn't officially state it since the people were being tricked by Euram's plot (which Boz helped).

Just my $0.02.

~Siefer
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wilhelm and Meuller are mercenaries. You expect mercenaries to fight. AS was stated above where was the Richard and Mueller unite? Considering that they aren't even essencial to the plot that thye would at least be decent fighters.
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, kinda disappoited that Wilhelm and Mueller cannt be use in common battle...u see what that have in their hands rite? huge weapon...well, I just dun understand why Konami dun wan them to be use in the battle, well or maybe in the future Suikoden we'll be able to use them? Just like Jeane... Personally I like Boz...HaHa!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: