Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Non-Fighters Let Downs
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Non-Fighters Let Downs Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden's of the past there have been several characters that I wish had been usable in your party and not just in massive battles. Though my experience has been limited, there still exist some who I wish had been usable. Like Troy or Ramada in Suikoden 4and or Jeane and Barts in Suikoden 3, there are many who seemed so opt to be fighers and weren't.

Unfortunately Suikoden 5 seems to have a bunch of characters you don't get to fight with that would have been fun. A popular one being Craig Laden, so cool and his character has him with a sword, for pete's sake. But no, he's only used in massive battles. You get to fight Chuck 1v1 and use him in big battles, yet his iron knuckle greatenss is left untouched in standard random encounter style. Boz Wilde was also seen with a weapon in his character art, yet again left untouched in battle mode. Who else? Seeing what Childerich can do would have been fun at least once. Others are Dilber Novum as well as Bahram Luger. Both great generals and neither have usability.

I'll end with a non-star who left me with quite a yearning that was left unsatisfied by the end of the game. Skald Egan. He looked SO cool with the cape and the shoulder guards. I wouldn't matter if he fought with a giant pancake, he would have been cool doing it. Anybody else you thought would've been great to play with but were left disappointed?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was saddened by Chuck's non-fighter status too.

The guy uses freaking Bagnauks got crying out loud! He's armed with a weapon, and he's a sideliner!!

What a freaking jip!

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Sir Penguin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lymsleia and Luserina... >_>
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah like when I saw Dios and I was like, as soon as he joins he's in my prime battle party number one...

yeah... no.

I did think the same thing about Ridley though, if I could have a giant doberman in nobleman's clothes whipping enemies with a level 16 sentencing belt I would literally never hate on suikoden two ever, not like I do anyway.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ferid for me. i was so looking forward to at least using him at least one. but no they couldn't do that. :cry:

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Laugh if you will, but I am disappointed that neither of the barrows clan can fight. Lucerina is kind of expected, but .... Considering how cowardly Euram is in the beginning, I thought it would be a big character development moment if he were even willing to take up the sword to fight for Falena. Ah, well, just have to deal with him getting his wits back, that's all.

And Skald Egan! I couldn't believe he wasn't an SoD. As soon as they were saying "The Island Nations fleet has pulled up in Estrise..." I was fully ready to welcome grandpappy into the fold. But no!

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Grandpappy? I think a bit more proof is needed before we all start saying that. :)

There were characters I would have liked to use (such as Skald Egan and Ferid) but I wasn't really disapointed with who couldn't fight. I have enough tough decisions when it comes to making my party as it is.
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The people I wanted to be fighters who weren't were Egbert Aethelbald, Craig Laden, Wilhelm, Mueller and Boz. I can't really understand why some of them aren't available to be used as fighters.

I was really surprised when I saw that Wilhelm and Mueller couldn't be used, but sadly had already anticipated that Egbert and Craig were unusable.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."

Last edited by Agahnim on Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I agree with everybody on Ferid. He looked SO cool to use. You know he would have been a monster in battle. In the cut-scene he was slashing up Nether Gate Assassins in one hit where it took the Prince a battle with allies to fight in 2-3 turns later in the game. And all for naught when a fit of rage against a True Rune Bearer brought him to his ... will he got dusted. I was waiting for it to be a cover-up that Arshtat and Ferid had faked their deaths so that they would be able to got an accurate account of the condition in Falena and not be accountable about for the violence in the expansion of Falena by Gizel. Then you would use them, Ferid and Arshtat, but (sigh...) no.

I haven't gotten Wilhelm and Mueller (and I've missed them now, damnit) but they should definently have been party fighters. It was SOO neccesary. There were definently some characters that weren't neccesary to be fighters when we could have had characters who are actual warriors as fighters in our party. Sad day!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was dissappointed with Mueller, Chuck and Boz' non-fighter status. I thought they would have a unite called "Giant Men Attack" or something. :(

Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that collectively, we are all disappointed that Chuck wasn't playable. As soon as I saw Wilhelm and Mueller, and they called themselves "mercenaries" I knew they would be "strategy battle" only...

As for Craig... as soon I met him, I thought of Joshua for some reason, and when he wasn't playable it didn't bother me as much.

I really did wanna try Joshua's Dragon Rune... I presume all it did was allow him to use his "strategy battle move", but maybe not since he was Dragon Knight Commander anyway.

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The one that most surprised me was Boz. I mean, the guy is always talking about how awesome he is in battle, and how many people his axe could take out...then you don't even get to use him. Wilhelm, Mueller, and Craig disappointed me, as well.
I never expected Chuck to be usable. We know from III that just because you duel an SoD, it doesn't mean they will fight for you. I would liked to have used Egbert in the party, so he could slay some FILTHY GODWIN DEVILS. :D
I wanted to use Shula Valya, too. Don't know why...

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What, nobody was prepared to use Linfa as one of their mages! I know I was disappointed to find all she could do was support. Craig, Wilhlm, and Mueller were all disappointments as well, but at least they were really good in the army battles.

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was, like most, dissapointed with Craig not being usable in battle, but in retrosepct, it seems liek when someone represents something in Suiko they are army battles only and never real party charcters. Ridley being a perfect example. Another I hoped to use was Shula. His design caught my eye right away and I really liked his personality.

I wasn't as disapointed with Wilhelm and Mueler as most. Don't really know why. I just wasn't.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ganon Dun wrote:
The people I wanted to be fighters who weren't were Egbert Aethelbald...

I bet he'd come equipped with an unremovable Crazed Rune.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: