Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Simpsons...... Movie
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: The Simpsons...... Movie Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes it's true folks the movie has been confirmed and there is even a trailer of it out now if you can find it on the internet. Now I have never really been the biggest Simpsons fan out there as of late, but even I was a fan of it back in their hayday. So wondering just how many of you out there feel the same way about my old cartoon favorite amongst many few that have really matched up? Do you think that this is going to suceed in the way some cartoon or animated films have in the past? Or will it be looked upon terribly, and generally laughed at as a weak attempt to bleed the series dry?

Personally it's my thinking that they are many seasons too late to fully showcase what they could do with this series in a feature film. The series has sadly passed it's hayday by some time already, and really now with every season that comes for that matter they are bleeding it dry. The Simpsons has been a stalwart part of American society for some time now, and the fact that it has taken this long to make a feature length movie is just sad. Anyways what are all of your thoughts on the issue in general?

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

meh, the eposides today are funny as ever, If a movie come out I'll watch it. There were some rumors going around that the only reason Family Guy got canceled was because it did better than the Simpsons in rattings. I didn't belive that but, I could see how that was true.

But, what I like about the Simpsons is that they are still funny, if not funnier then they ever where. You wanna talk about a run down TV show? South Park, Family Guy, I mean there new eposides are still funny, but it doesn't have that feel of orginality unlike The Simpons. I myself am a South Park/Family Guy, I guess I just have a lot of respect for the simpsons.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Simpsons was great because of its (mainly) down-to-earth humor that (almost) always had some sort of moral to take from it. Now the show tries to be zany and spontaneous with no point at all, and it fails miserably.

Like other cartoon-to-movie adaptations, this will be bad because of either an episodic nature or an awkward and drawn-out plot. I will not be going to see it.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Holy Cow, Batman! I love The Simpsons and will definately be going to see this. Even if it doesn't turn out as well as it could, it will still be entertaining. There is no way a fan like me is going to miss this. Woohoo!
Zamza

Fire Dragon Cavaliers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If this had been announced six or seven years ago back when the show was still good I would be really excited. As is I doubt I'll even go see this when it comes out on July 27th 2007. I'll probably rent it when it comes to DVD but that's it.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It will take years of waiting till it's in german theatres. I think this one movie I will see, no matter what. I still like the Simpsons (Okay, we're some seasons behind the american audience, but still). I think it is a must-see.

The Fool
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb voiced my opinions pretty exactly.

The Simpsons used to be such a great comedic show, though I believe they dragged it on too long. Take for example the 300th episode - that's a landmark episode by any shows standards, yet by the end, Homer was battling Tony Hawks on flying skateboards. Talk about jumping the shark.

The overall moral message was much more evident in the earlier series, but by the time the series had dragged on to series 10 and 11, the jokes were getting standard and the characters were falling into trends that the writers simply couldn't/didn't want to break out of. There are the occaisional laughs in the newer episodes but when compared to the older series? They should've left it on a high.

Anyway, as for the movie - it really does depend on the script. I was a huge fan of the game "Hit and Run" which had a simple and fun plot which was largely based around the gameplay. But it was still fun all the same. I would assume the Simpsons movie will have a story that either involves Springfield being taken control by Kang and Kodos, Mr Burns or even an invasion by the neighbouring enemy city whos name I just can't recall.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just hope they don't try a entire new look for the movie and and the big screen, if you know what I'm saying. i think some good series translating for an theatre audience tried this and failed, because the movie lost his original and habitual look.. This would be very sad for the simpsons.

The Fool
goodbye

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The newer episodes I've seen (I'm in Australia, so I'm X amount of seasons behind probably) seem to me like they're trying to be too topical. Earlier on there was more of a moral to the story, it appears to me that they're reacting more to stuff now which suggests reaching for ideas. Such as the gay marriage episode - seemed more topical than the Simpsons, I thought it even looked like an attempt to meet South Park at what it does only in a more obvious way.

Regardless of disinterest in new episodes and how wrong I'll probably get proven (note my 'seems' and 'appears to me' showing up often in last paragraph) I will see the movie. I was almost tempted to see Ice Age 2 so I can see the trailer (it's also attached to Ice Age 2 here, says so on ads in the newspaper).

EDIT -

Filipe wrote:
and there is even a trailer of it out now if you can find it on the internet.

IGN has it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's odd - it was shown on MTV last night I'm pretty sure. I figured it was kind of a widly known trailer. We are talking about the same one. The camera is zooming around the Superman 'S' saying ominous things about a hero, then the camera zooms out to see Homer sitting on the couch in a tight fitting superman top and underpants on when he blurts out "I forgot what I'm supposed to say" (or something along those lines).

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't even see how you could call that a trailer. Someone should sue Fox. I can understand they don't want to show much, but give us something.
Janus Valentine

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to be a huge fan of The Simpsons but stopped watching the newer episodes a while back. Due to a lack of interest.

I wouldn't go to a cinema to see this, but if my friend buys it on dvd I may borrow it or watch it with them.

South Park still gets major immature laughs from me. Family Guy is hilarious but the thing that kinda irks me is that it's mainly just the flashbacks.

Someone: *says something*
Peter: Like that time I [INSERT SOMETHING WEIRD/FUNNY/WHATEVER HERE]
*flashback* x10.
goodbye

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Earthquake923 wrote:
I don't even see how you could call that a trailer. Someone should sue Fox. I can understand they don't want to show much, but give us something.

Voice work has only just started apparently, so there'd be absolutely nothing at all to show (animating live is a terrible strain on animators wrists). They're just jumping the gun by a mile to try get people excited before the series goes even further downhill. With this much time before the movie it couuld have a more teasing teaser trailer in a few months and then a full theatrical one (or two, or more) around this time next year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'm not expecting much, but I'll go watch it for sure. Who knows, it could be amazing right?! They could probably do 75 minutes, but anything more would be a stretch. Even then... ehh, I don't know.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well for those who have somewhat given up on where the series was going some time ago, I am not surprised that people are not expecting much. Personally I am not expecting much either, but I am willing to give them at least the benefit of the doubt and watch the film. When it comes out next year, I am almost certain that more details than the short crappy trailer that they have put so far will come out for the viewing audience. We also have to give consideration to the possibility that they might be doing this as a last go, one last hurrah so to speak for the series to finally end it all after how many seasons now? If that is the route that they are going for, it would be no different from when I watched the last Seinfeld episode, or the last Cheers or Frasier episode. I was never the biggest fan of any of those series however for how long they lasted, and the work put in I guess you could say I watched their finale's out of respect. To be honest, I had watched a lot of Seinfeld episodes(bits and peices mostly) and the finale was one of a handful I can say I found funny. Naturally "the Soup Nazi" one was among those amusing ones.

So yeah if it really is the final hurrah I will most definately watch it even in theatre, and probably know more than a few who would as well, though they dont watch. It is a staple of worldwide society, and has been for some time now you know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: