Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fury Runes?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Fury Runes? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can anyone help me find out where I can get Fury Runes in Suikoden V? The strategy guide says they have a buy price of three hundred thousand potch, which would seem to imply that they can be bought somewhere, but I can't for the life of me figure out where? Are they only available as drops from monsters? Thanks in advance.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

they are at nirva island for 300,000 potch.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jeane sells them later in the game.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ya but you have to view the items first in nirva island i believe.

Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks, Buff. Now, are they regular items or Rare Finds?

Also, Firefly, I'm pretty sure Buff is right about the viewing the items first. That's the way the headquarters' shops have always worked before, and while I haven't specifically checked it for Suikoden V, I don't see why they would have changed the system.
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they only show up in Jeane's shop after Nirva... but my point was that you don't have to take the ship all the way to Nirva each time you want a fury rune (but at 300k potch it probably wouldn't be very many times heh)

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, I find that it's pretty easy in this game to accumulate quite a bit of potch: I currently about eight hundred thousand. It was over a million and a half, but then I sharpened all my team's weapons to level sixteen. (Of course, most of that was from the time I was lost in the Twilight Woods and had Egbert in the entourage and the Prosperity Set on Cathari.) I love how they removed the 999,999 cap on potch: it makes things so much easier.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Camus the Noble wrote:

it would be a regular buy since rune shops do not have the rare item like how the equipment shop does.

Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And here I was spending money afraid of the 999,999 potch limit. Dang, well at least I know now.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All the runes I've found:
http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=235751#235751

If you find any others please tell me so I can add it to the list.
Windspun_Monkey

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought I read somewhere that you could buy upper level magic runes as well (Thunder, Rage, Flowing, etc). Is this true as well??

If it is it kind of makes those runes less special. I remember how badly I wished I could get more Fury runes in S2 but if I would have really gotten them I might not have appreciated them as much. I really miss the double-beat rune from S2. It didn't have any penalties associated with it either.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
Camus the Noble wrote:

it would be a regular buy since rune shops do not have the rare item like how the equipment shop does.

Oh, right. I'm still stuck in the past of Suikoden II, when Fury Runes were in the Rare Finds section of the Muse City Rune Shop...

Windspun Monkey wrote:
I remember how badly I wished I could get more Fury runes in S2

There is an infinite amount of Fury Runes in Suikoden II. As I just said, they are in the Rare Finds section of the Muse City Rune shop. You can get more Fury Runes in Suikoden II.
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

300000 is ridiculous compared to the 15000 that it cost in Suikoden 2 and 3.

It's like supply and demand or something, like by the time Suikoden 2 came out, enough fury runes had been made that they no longer cost you your first born child.

I was almost considering getting one for the hell of it during my first run through, but I should stick Haleth in the party for 'Haggle' and see how much he effects the price.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the only reason why it cost more is i think cause it actually works a whole lot better than any of the others in the series. plus you have a 10% chance of giving it a death kill.

poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Coketastic wrote:
300000 is ridiculous compared to the 15000 that it cost in Suikoden 2 and 3.

It's like supply and demand or something, like by the time Suikoden 2 came out, enough fury runes had been made that they no longer cost you your first born child.

I was almost considering getting one for the hell of it during my first run through, but I should stick Haleth in the party for 'Haggle' and see how much he effects the price.

Yeah, and then in Suikoden II, people buy so many of them that shops run out for in Suikoden III :D. Or maybe a bunch of monsters just steal them all...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: