Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Characters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luc skywalker

6783 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: chracter resemblance... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know...Lyon look just like Nanami...Is there a possibility that Lyon's the mother of Nanami?

Just asking..But as far as I know..they do look alike..
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That was actually brought up once before. Since the Prince had the segmented nunchaku, and that Lyon had a similar appearance to Nanami, it was believed that they were her parents. Since there's no official confirmation to this, we can speculate that they are.

Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kyle,Georg,Lyon,Gizel,Zahhak,Zweig,Killey,Rahal,Roog,Salum were my favorites.

Well Salum, because of he was just simply funny.
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This isn't going to be one of the most original lists of fav characters ever...

anyway

Belcoot, Marina, Miakis, Kyle, Georg, Lorelai, Dinn, Egbert, Linfa, Fuwalafuwalu ( CHIAAARGE!), Mathias, Isabel, Skald Egan, Ferid, Sialeeds and Alenia. Of course there are plenty more out there, though these should do.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There were actually so many SV characters that I liked, the cast was so good in this game. I couldn't possibly list everyone, since it's be practically half the Stars of Destiny, but I'll list my favourite favourites.

Spoilers are between asterixes, highlight 'em.

1. Lyon. Oh my goodness, what a sweetheart. She was just great as a character, kind and strong, useful in battle, dedicated, just great. *It really broke my heart when Dolph stabbed her after the New Queen's Campaign, I just wanted to dropkick that jerk. I visited her in the infirmary all the time, and loved the scene the night before the Sol-Falena siege. I was really glad that the romance between Lyon and the Prince was a little "more than insinuated". When he would hug Lyon while she was down, or especially when they held hands after fighting the Sun Rune Incarnation. Awwww. Melted my heart. I freaked out when she died, but fortunately, I had the 108 Stars, so she was saved. I practically cried. It's the most emotional involvment I've had with a video game in a long time. I heart Lyon. =3*

2. Lu. Sweet Jesus, this girl was hilarious! I just loved the way she spoke, everything she said had me in sticthes. Especially the bath scene with Jeane. When she was like "VA-VA-VA-VA-VA-VOOM". Hahaha. If I met Lu in real life I would totally propose. She was amazing. I never used her in combat, her level was too low, but my next playthrough I'm gonna level her up. I hope she's cool in battle too, because then she would be perfect. Great character.

3. The Oboro Detective Agency and Taylor. I found that in this game most of your "service-provider" characters actually got nicely fleshed out, as opposed to previous Suikodens (all of them really) where all you had to do was ask nicely and merchants would open a shop in your HQ. I was especially impressed with the Oboro Detective Agency. At first I thought it was kind of a sham to give us four characters where one would suffice, it seemed like a way to squeeze out more SoDs without that much effort, but upon spending some time with them and learning their secret history, I got really attached to them. Shigure and Sagiri and adorable, Fuyo was really cute too, and Oboro just seemed to be so figured out. And the unofficial fifth member, Taylor, was really neat too.

4. Viki. Always a favourite, and this time she had chain magic! Yes please!

5. The Sindar Surge crew. I never payed much heed to Lorelai and Killey in the previous titles, and was a little upset at first that they were some of the only returning characters, but I learned to really like them. Killey especially was a great asset in battle, a powerful mage and a copmetant warrior. And Zweig? Well that guy was just concentrated badass. Come on, he wore glasses. He was like, Suikoden's answer to Indiana Jones. A nerdy bookworm who defies all logic by exploring ruins and kicking ass. What a great character. And the way he'd take the piss out of Lorelai was hilarious.

I could do this all week, but these are really the guys who stand out most in my eyes.

Honourable mentions: Euram Barows, Ferid, Genoh, Byakuren, Roy, Logg, Lun, Maroon, Toma, everyone.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Crimson

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

man this game has just too many good characters

but for me is Miakis all the way followed by the cute girls and the guys
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some obvious ones like Georg, Killey, Belcoot, the Prince, Lyon, etc. Also Rahal, Roy, Zerase, and Cathari. Cathari is ridiculously strong in my game, with crazed and double-edged runes. She gets critical hits all the time that do over 4000 damage. Her normal attack does over 2000. Ridiculousness.

And on a side note about Zweig...if you change his hair and cloak colors he would become a dead-ringer for Lezard Valeth of Valkyrie Profile fame.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

These are my favorite characters:

Prince: Just plain cool, and his Dawn Rune and Tri-numchaku's top it up.

Lyon:Weapon, character, *i dont know if this is a spoiler of anything but SPOILER* her Twilight rune great character

Miakis: Most of her involvement in the game has got its emotinal parts, thats why she makes the list of fav characters.

Kyle: Amazing swordsman.

Zahhak: plain evil at times but a really good character.

Alenia:This is a strange one but a really cool character in my opinion

Georg Prime: Extremly strong, cool, and can be extremly serious at times...great!

Galleon:Powerful Knight, worth putting in your party.

Zerase:Mysterious woman with a powerful weapon, sounds perfect 8-)

Ferid: A very cool character who i would love to have in my party

Dinn:Very strong swordsman, always leading my party. :D

I think you can tell from this i like Queen's Knights :mrgreen:

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favourite characters from Suikoden V have to be...

Hazuki - I really liked Hazuki based on her style and quality in a battle. She has to be one of the only women I use as a front line physical attacker in the whole series. Add that to the fact she comes from the mysterious country nicknamed "Katana", to me is quite intriguing... :shock:

Ferid Egan & Georg Prime - They seem to be from the same place in the Island Nations judging by their fighting technique. The mystery makes me interested...

Skald Egan - The man, crazy, Ferid's father and feared by pirates everywhere.
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my Favorite characters in Suikoden 5 are Ferid, Georg, Miakis, Kyle, Galleon, Lyon (basically all of the Queen's Knights except for the traitors like Zahhak and Alenia...)
and then, the Prince, Belcoot, Richard, Viki, Zweig and Sialeeds... :mrgreen:

Ferid: a great dad, Queen's Knights Commander and a great swordsman....

Georg: a powerful swordsman with great techniques and strength...

Miakis: she got a good balance of Rune and Fighting techniques with two blades... (and she's cute too... :) )

Kyle: he also got a good balance of using Rune and Swords.... Fav. qoute from him.... "man, what a babe..." ^^

Galleon: old enough to be a Knight, but still got good strength and this powerful man is a tank...

Lyon: a good, cute and a sweet protector of the prince....

Prince: the main character, a Tenkai which is very silent and a good bearer of the Dawn Rune...

Belcoot: this guy is powerful, calm and kind hearted....

Richard: this one is a calm, peaceful and kind hearted too, but a good swordsman with the Swallow Rune...

Viki: a kind, innocent and cute teleporter...

Sialeeds: a good aunt which is hot, love her nephew so much and sleeps till late in the afternoon... :D
koikuro

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my favorites well in V i have quite a few

lets see
1. MIAKIS: shes my favorite i mean shes great in the party especially when u give her the M.earth ruin and shes got great character especially wen she pi$$es off lym and my fav scene was when she was fighting the prince....she has great character development

2. Sialeeds- I LOVE HER SHE ROCKS.....shes good in battle and all dat crap but dats not y i like her....I LOVE HER PERSONALITY AND eventhough she betrayed the prince it was for a good reason and SHES HOTT..and well she killed salum :D and keeps pi$$in off Aleina

3. Dinn- he kicks @$$..........nuff said lol also hes really good in battle and who could forget his acting (during Sialeeds plan to beat Euram) LOL

4. Belcott- HE ALSO KICKS @$$ but also his storyline with marina is cool and well ya

5. Luserina: i dunno why maybe because of the way she looks but also because shes got great development and emotional scenes ESP wen she left Euram and Salum behind

6. Lorelie: SHE KICKS @$$...as always

7.LYM: lol shes so cute and she devolps alot and well her scenes with gizel are cool

8. ROY: HE ROCKS! lol hes so funny

9. Shula: lol well for sum reason he jus makes me laugh

10. shigura and sagiri: well they r both cool and sagiris story is so SAD and well they ROCK

11. Raven: theif....nuff said!....hes also funny (raven: "only if oboro begs me" tht whole scene lol)

long list but they all ROCK
and of course the prince and lyon but those 2 go without saying

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darn its so hard to choose. Well here my most favorite characters in SV

1.Prince-he is just so cool

2.Lucretia-another great strategies hehehe

3.Roy-I found him very likeable and was fond of that bath scene

4.Viki-Hehe or favorite teleportress i'll never get tried of you

5.Zerase-powerful mysterious what more can you want
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There were a lot of likeable characters in this game. Seriously. And I'm telling you now that my post may or may not boast a long list of characters. Actually, you know what, I'll just list ten.

1. The Prince - Duh!!!! He's just a major badass, and there's justification to his badassness, because he's the damn Prince, and the son of the great and barbarous (heh) Ferid. And I really don't "get" the comments about him looking like a girl and stuffs. This is actually the first Suikoden hero that I would actually call "hawt". :P Battle-wise, the SS in Royal Paradise is just a killer. Two rune slots is tolerable, and one wishes he had three, but the hero always has to have a special rune, but he's still a great character. Dawn rune during war battles is hella useful too.

2. Lyon - LOVE her!!! She's cute, and a great ass-kicker to boot. She's kind of like Nanami, but I find her much more appealing in a way. She also did a great job of being the Prince's mouthpiece. Battle-wise, she is just damn great. She is one of the few all-rounders in the game, and reaches S ranks in a lot of epic skills. Chargex2 in the war battles allows the Prince's unit to prevent taking damage during an engagement.

3. Sialeeds - Best.auntie.ever! She's got class, sass and the ass. Well, not sure about the last part, but she does have a nice rack. I just love her personality, and her extreme hate for Lady Merces was pretty funny. She is a great magician, but her magical abilities are limited by that permanent Wind Rune (first two spells aren't offensive, and Wind of Sleep almost always does jack), and Long Throw. As for her Cyclone ability in war battles... need I explain that? :P

4. Georg Prime - Shocking, eh? Seriously, he is the very definition of badass. I'm so glad he played a major part in the story, and more of his personality was shown. In Suikoden II, he was this really cool guy who likes cheesecake, but in this game he's much more than that. I love his relationship with Sialeeds. It's always funny when those two are around each other. Battle-wise, well, he's just a GOD. Great stats, and even if his abilities are limited by that stupid Combat Teacher skill, he gets an SS in Untold Clarity which makes up for it. The permanent Killer Rune is not a bother, because that just enhances his abilities even more. His criticals are very deadly, and he has that deathblow (glowing sword thingie) that STACKS with his criticals. Super imbalanced, and I love it. He's great in war battles too, with his +9 ATK. Pair him up with Shula and one of Taylor, Oboro, Fuyo or Euram and you got a deadly unit. Oh, and he's hot too.

5. Queen Arshtat - God, I love this woman. She's just pretty, and is very sweet, but is smart enough to make such a great queen. It's just sad that she had to bear the Sun Rune because of Salum Barows' selfishness and idiocy. Ugh... such a shame that her fate had to be that way. In battle, she is just a super duper mega uber goddess!!! ...well, ideally she would be, with the Sun Rune and all. I love the speeches she makes when she's possessed by the Sun Rune too.

6. Miakis - I still can't believe this young lady is 22. She's very bubbly and witty, and she makes Princess Lymsleia's life a living hell. I love her quirks. "Well, the Prince and Lyon are like brother and sister." Then the one at Stormfist during the Sacred Games. That was downright mean, but hilarious. She is the first character you get who has three free rune slots which means super duper damage (Power/Boost/Fury, Crazed, Double-Edged), and with her maximum attacks being five, you can only imagine how much she can do. Has no limitations whatsoever, and like Lyon, can double as a magician. In war battles, she's meh. +1 SPD and Recover isn't really something to fawn over.

7. Richard - He's a crazy weird guy, just the way I like my overpowered characters. Most of my favouritism for his stems from his godlike abilities in battle. He can get an SS in Triple Harmony and Untold Clarity, and his base stats are pretty impressive in itself. Even if he can only equip one rune, he can still hold his own. His technique is so high that you find him dealing critical hits more often than not. You get him so early in the game too, and you find yourself never replacing him because he's just that great. In war battles, he's as much kickass as Georg is. Since you get him so early, he can give quite a boost to Wilhelm's five-star unit. Those infantries would crumble in a second.

8. Lucretia Merces - Wow. She is just impressive. She seems to have researched the whole region of Falena, and used her knowledge to formulate her strategies. I love her principle in that she will do what she thinks is right. She was quite intimidating with that speech of hers to the Prince, but she stuck with him till the very end. Her ability in war battles, Frenzy, is the second best support skill (Rumors is the best). Too bad you can't appoint her to the units that could make the most of it.

9. Sagiri - Her story was the one that intrigued me the most. I don't want to spoil some stuff here, but it really made me feel emphatic for her. Like Richard, she can only equip one rune, but unlike him, her epic skills don't reach SS, but only A, but I still enjoyed her in my party. She can attack up to five times consecutively, and with her wicked speed, there's a very high chance she does consecutive attacks. Her technique's not bad either. She makes up with her limitations with her criticals. In battle, Ambush is a useful skill, but it's hard to make a unit that can make use of those (Shigure's is ideal, but his is only three stars).

10. Zegai - He's the quiet trainer guy who kicks major ass in battle. There's not much to say about him, aside from him being a great fighter. Like Georg, he can get an SS in Untold Clarity to make up for his stupid Combat Teacher skill. He gets two rune slots, which is more than one could ask for! He can equip heavy gauntlets and boots, though he can only equip light headgears and clothes (as far as I know, he can't equip light armour). But that means he can equip Engraved Gauntlets, which improves his critical rate. Combine that with a Killer Rune, and he is devastating. He's pretty good in war battles, but is more on the mediocre side. But you get him so early in the game that you can make use of his great abilities for so long.

There's actually more, but for the sake of my sanity, and everyone else's, I have laid off from posting them. If you have read this far, then kudos. Congratulations for staying alive. Here's an eggcream. :P
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i always like the hero.
Top 4

Lu - she's so cool, she can hit up to 4 times, and she's a trickster in a cool trickster outfit( i always like the tricksters) and she can actually get a 4th level magic spell for her!!!( give her a skill in magic and equip magic plus items, and level her up, this also works for anybody that has 103 magic at level 50) and when you put her in the party she says yeah! let's get em Zip! Zap! kapowie!

Faylen- two words and one sentence, boomerang!!! and second boomerang user in suikoden.

Norma- she looks cool, she's not bad at magic or hit pionts, she attacks almost exactly like the prince and roy( except her weapon doesn't seperate)( the only thing is her voice is odd)

Killey- i didn't really like killey in suikoden 2 but in this one i use him very much, his magic is good, he comes with a rage rune which is good, and his hit pionts aren't bad either.

Other good favorites.

Lun- she's cool and she's good at both magic and hit pionts.
Zegai- he's a strong character ( and i think his voice actor is the person that played goku on dragonball z)
Zerase- her magic is good and she's one of the first long range people.
Sharmitsa- her weapon is like a boomerang.
Nikea- she's a strong one and she's always hungry, and when you win a
battle thats easy she says it wasn't hard.
Kyle- he's cool, and he's good with magic.
Cathri- she's cool, too bad i got her on the second try and not the first.
Belcoot- he's cool ,he's strong, and he's not bad with magic.
Hazuki-she's cool and strong.
Josephine-4 words and or sentences, narcissist, magician,umbrella weapon and 3 combination attack.
Mathias-he's cool and he is strong and good at magic.
Isabel- she's cool and she is strong.
Roy-he's cool, he's pretty much like the prince.
Meroon- she has the same star as lotte,millie,meland noah, she's good at magic and her 2 combination attack is cool and unique, mallet and ball.

Okay favorites
Lyon-main character, she's cool.
Miakis-she's cool, good magician and good weapon and combination attack.
Richard-he's cool, and he throws his sword up in the air after battle.
Goesch- i really don't know exactly why i like him.
Lorelai- she's better in this one magic wise( suikoden 1 lorelai stinks in magic i wonder why she's good in this one?)
Sagiri-when i first saw her in the trailer i thought she was cool and it's true.
Urda-she's cool
Viki-she's always cool!

So remember zip! zap! kapowie!!

Last edited by hotspot on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can I just put the whole damn cast down as favorites? I really don't think there is a single character in Suikoden V I don't like. Lorelai and Killey came in as my favorite characters and came out as them, too, but everyone else is a very close second if not tied. For serious, I need time to make a list. :D

hotspot wrote:

Lorelai- she's better in this one magic wise( suikoden 1 lorelai stinks in magic i wonder why she's good in this one?)

It is a bit odd, as she's much closer to her S2 stats than she is to her S1 ones. I guess her Suikoden I appearence is just an anomaly.

What's really weird in Suikoden I, though, is that her weapon's last level is magic bow. Lorelai doesn't even have enough magic to cast a level 4 spell at level 99 in Suikoden I.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: