Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Characters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game actually spawned a decent amount of good characters for me. ^^

Roy- I have this extreme attachment to him for some reason. I really like thief characters for some reason, so I suppose that could have started the liking for him. His little speech when he meets the prince was interesting as well. That said though, once he actually meets the prince and decides he's okay with him you can talk to him later and he apologizes for being such a child about it, I thought it was a nice touch. His concern for Lyon is just too cute

Belcoot- He's more popular than I was hoping for, but I can't help but like him. He's just an all around good guy I like. He's serious, but not depressing. I like that he had good logic for wanting to win the games. The little touch later where he can battle childerich was nice too. I don't know, he's just my happy feel good character.

Nick and Ax- I can't help but get a Futch/Bright feeling off these two. It doesn't really extend past the knight and dragon concept though, really. Nick isn't bratty like futch originally was, he's a trouble maker but moreso because he's curious and wants to protect the dragons. I'd really like to see them reappear in another game sometime.

Faylen- I just love her personality, she's so cute. Roy's chasing after Lyon, but Faylen is just a better match for him. I really enjoy her weapon as well. I just find her dedication a really good quality.

Miakis- Her character depth is just so good. She's so cute! I liked her right from the start of the game, teasing Lym and such. She can do btoh serious and funny. She won me over when she battled the prince later in the game, the scene was just sooo good.

The Prince- He's definitely a great main character. I think I still have my love for Tir holding out for top place, but the prince is definitely fighting for it and a super close runner up. I feel he has a good personality, regardless if he talks or not. The facial expressions really help him out I think. Lol I love the scene when they're going to the island nations and he and lyon are seasick hehee. I just found they made him very likable.

I have other characters which I took a liking too, but those are my main ones. Eurum Barrows for amusing me with stupidity, like in sable and falling down the stairs ^^ Sharmista, Lyon, Saigiri and Urda are characters that I really just have a liking for. I really like Ernst's design, but I keep getting bored with him, which makes me sort of sad. Dinn and Kyle I really liked at first, but I found I ended up getting bored after a bit..

-My DeviantArt-
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I forgot to mention that I really liked the Lordlake folk. Talgeyl, Goesch and Toma were all pretty cool, I thought, Goesh and Toma my favorites. I mean really, Goesch uses a giant log to beat his enemies with and he's all hot-blooded and bent on vengence and hatred for the Queen and then he ends up being a mild mannered farmer. I thought it was really cool. I also like his character design as well as Toma's. Finding out that Toma has a future in the Queen's Knights at the end of the game made me think about what he would look like and it was pretty awesome. He was a really believable child. They were all pretty dern cool.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tomriddle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jibrille Hillbert wrote:
I love Roy. My heart belong to him. Seriously.
I like his personality, the way he act and all, and I like how he tries to win Lyon's heart dressing himself like the prince and all XD Really, I just love him. He's a particular character, with a certian attitude.

I see you've got a softspot for romantics :P yea, Roy is a serious romantic at heart.. lol he tries to act all tough and gruff but deep down he's a good guy.. what's the term? something romantic.. bleh i forget :(
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay i am at the first point after lelcar and so far my favorite characters are

JEane-look at her enough said and look at the magic but no more physical beattings from her though:(

Viki-she makes me laughing even more with the whole i don't remember this Zweig and Lorelai defiantly remember even though i don't know what they're talking about.

Zegai-he's so much like a tank and remind me of Leo fronm Suiko III with him never being incapacitated

Remi far,solati, and fa so la-if you here them i think they say there notes if they hit the wining hit on a battle and there so small inm y opinion

Luserina-disowned her family because of their actions i wish people did that if someone did a horrible action like theirs

LYon and Sialeeds-there so loyal to the prince

Kisara,lun, and logg- we got the family together!!!! i definently like how they made a family attack just wish they had one of em in distance like lun would through her harpoon.

Wilhiem-thank god for his love for women or i would of lost lelcar thats all i have to say

and that really all
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been wondering about what characters I actually like and I've come to the conclusion that outside of battles, I like only a select few.

Roy. He wasn't on my list until [spoiler] I played through the "defend the HQ" instead of abandoning it, just to see what it was like. Definitely something I didn't expect him to do, but that's a good thing...well except for the outcome. [/spoiler]

Isabel & Mathias. I just have a thing for the Maximillian folks. There's never much to them, but I like them for some odd reason.

Honorable mentions include Logg & Lun because their interactions are pretty funny and Babbage. Hooray for eccentric engineers.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Roy - He was funny, caring and sweet. Loved his attitude and what he said about he and the prince looked so alike but had such different lives. (but then Lyon had to go and give him that preachy speech *shakes fist*)

Richard - Erm can't really elaborate but I just liked him. I had planned to use him in combat as soon as I met him but didn't really expect much. Boy was I surprised...

Shula Vaya - Incredibly cool guy (or girl as I thought at first). With his absolutely awful voice aside, I really just liked the guy. He also made a fool out of Alenia which is always a plus.

Chisato - Her shyness was really sweet and cute. I couldn't help but "awwww" whenever she said something.

Euram Barows - Coolness personified. Provides some of the funniest scenes/quotes in the game and the way he changes when you recruit him is quite nice.

One thing that ruined Belcoot for me was the way he held his sword, even if there's nothing wrong with it. I know i'm lame for letting it bother me that much but gah!
Sir Penguin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Belcoot looks low on HP all the time because of the way he holds his sword, ha ha.
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) Hazuki - I just love her. Love her ability to multi-hit almost all the time. Pump up her agility skills, add Double-Edged and Eyeball ring and she's pure awesomeness. Love her sheath throwing at the begining of every battle. Like her design. Badass samuari girl ftw!

2) Georg - This guy is just phenonmenal! I love his design in both costumes. He looks extra awesome with eyepatch. He criticals almosts all the time.

3) Prince - Easily the best silent Suikoden hero. Has lots of personality dispite being mute. Lots of funny and awesome dialog choices. His choices actually has effect on the game

4) Lym - spoiled little brat. She has good chemistry with just about everyone. She's very funny and cute. She actually becomes quite brave too over the game. Love the 'hussy' scene :D

5) Lorelai - I just loved her since the very beginning. Love her new design. Very pretty and beautiful. Very well rounded character. Lots of good and funny scenes between her, Zweig, and Killey

6) Viki - OMG the cuteness!!!! Chain Magic rules! I love her physical attack. She sneezes! :D

Last edited by malicesoul on Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Josephine

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) Sagiri. Her past--and that of all of Oboro's detectives--drew me in, but the secret behind her smile and her bath scene made me sad inside. ;-;

2) Subala. I think she has a crush on the Prince, but that didn't bother me. She has some funny lines and is a great addition to a battle party(Crazed Rune and Killer Rune!). Her ending made me rather sad...

3) Ta-dah! Josephine! I love people who fight with umbrellas, and Josephine is no exception. The complexity between her and her brother made me laugh and feel bad for her at the same time.

4) Viki. I love Viki. She's absolutely adorable, and she's the only mage character I enjoy using.

5) Chisato. She was, overall, my favorite character to recruit. Her scenes with the pirates was priceless. I wish she was a battle character...Mel attacked with puppets. Why can't she? ;-;

6) ReMiFa. Pink DoReMi Elf. Oh yeah!
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Prince. I know technically you're him, but there are times when he acts on his own, which make me really admire him. Although I have a special place for Tir Mcdohl, the Prince is the best mute character I've seen. His constant emotions, and the way acts on his own. It really made me feel for him, despite the fact he doesn't talk. It also makes it harder for me to select the 'wrong' choices you obtain.
The only down side to him, is you can't pick out his clothing. I really wish there was an option for you to pick which outfits you'd want out of the 3. Just so I could keep him in the Tir clothings lol.

Lyon, I didn't think much for her at first, but as the story progressed, I loved her more and more. Lyon to me, is usually serious about her work, she has a troubled past, and is focused on her job. However, Lyon is also cheerful despite her past, and is willing to do what it takes to make the Prince happy. Although I image there are limits to this as well. I admire her strength, and how she able to continue to be mature about her situation, despite her past.

Miakis, she always seemed like a fun person to have around, and tries to be mature at times. There's times when she teases others, and even threatens them, but usually they deserve it lol. I did loose respect for her, when she gave up. *spoilers*And figured being a Queen's knight is all she had left. A good reason perhaps, but I really didn't expect her to actually try to fight. I was hoping she'd try something more like Jowy did in S2. Letting the Prince and the others, slip away from her. Despite this though, I thought it was even more touching to see the Prince hugging Miakis. I guess this kind of why I began to like this pairing. Although it won't happen with Lyon in the picture.*end spoilers*

Belcoot, thick-headed, but that's what makes him more entertaining. I like the fact he's kind-hearted, especially towards Marina. I like Belcoot, since he seems like a honorable man. One who goes by the code of the knight, and trying to repay people who helped him. Also, battle-wise, he's awsome. I rarely take him out of my party.

Sialeeds, at a certain point I did hate her, but I can't help but love the stuff she did earlier. She just seemed like fun through the first half of the game. So I'm a bit mixed on what to think of her. Not a favorite, but an honorable mention.

Georg, still as cool as ever. He can kill a normal enemy with his attack. Not to mention the way tends to scout, and help the Prince in his own way. Also, he's quite smart and knows he should keep a low profile, so he doesn't deface the Prince's name. So I greatly respect him.

Richard, although I don't like his character a whole lot, he's great in battle. One of my strongest guys, and like Belcoot, I have a hard time getting rid of him from my party.

Luserina, I really admire this girl. No matter what her family does, or what kind of pain she is in, she always tries to think of the Prince first. She never places her own pain in front, and continues to put on a brave face for everyone to see. So, despite her looks and not being that much of use, I still love her.

Lym, I thought she was a spoiled brat at first, but she honestly does come through. I thought the way she acted, was very believable. Everything she did I could pretty much picture a tomboyish, spirited girl would do. *spoilers*The way she would refuse to cry. IMO, I think that's pretty believable, because at this stage, she really hates Godwin for what they did. So she doesn't want them to think they 'broke' her in, and thus her not crying. Also the way she barks at Gizel, and his men, really made me like her more. Instead of just crying in her room, she actually gives them plenty of attitude. I also like how Lym is around the Prince. Sure her affections could be seen as beyond brother and sister, but I really thought the way she acted was cute. It really made me want to be her protective brother.

I have more, but I think I'll take a break and think on who I wish post here.

3297 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite characters are

Georg- he is basically a god in Suikoden 5 he does so much damage. I remember the whole speech Arshtat made about how she has powers of a god, and then Georg kills her I was thinking does that mean he has powers better than a god.

Ferid- Supposeably as powerful as Georg. I liked him because he was an excellent father, husband, and commander. I didn't care at all that Arshtat died, but I was pretty sad that he died. He was just an all-around good guy.

Killey- I thought Killey was cool from the first time I saw him. He is wearing what looks like pimp clothes. I really like the first scene he is in when Gizel is like we should watch that guy in red, and Killey just looks up at them. The scar on his face is a plus in cool points too.

Kyle- He is a cool ladies man knight what is not to like. Besides that he is good with a sword and water magic so he can heal.

Shula Valya- I just thought he was cool, but I'm not really sure why.

Hazuki- She is an awesome samuari woman how could you not like her.
Onix

26611 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have allot of favorite characters....Almost all of them are likable!!!! :P

Miakis- I really really like her! I just dunno why.....I love it when she pranks Lym. She's good in battle, a good magic user and a fighter. She has a cute face too! ^_^

Prince- I like this dude, I always find the heroes of Suikoden series intresting. I think the Prince loves to hug people....(she got that from Haswar). I loved the scene where Miakis loses to the Prince, especially the hugging part hehehe. Also when Lyon gets stabbed, the Prince sort of "hugged" her hehe. The Prince is versetile, he is good in magic and fighting...lacks in HP(?) though but he OK.

Lyon- I like this girl! She's just cool. Usually, I'm annoyed at overprotective people, but not her. I just dunno why. Probably she doesn't go too far. Especially her past, its like she doesn't show hate or anything ehehe...

Georg- This guy rocks! In battle he's the best! great attack, defence, counter...almost everything!! but he actually a "weakling" when it comes to magic defence....really weak. But he sure is a good tank.

Lymsleia- Ahehehe, this kid, so....I can't express it!! She told Sialeeds the "I hope you go to HELL!!" I really can't believe that she'd say that! That made more fond of her.

Haswar- I like her cause of her "acting like a kid" stuff. I liked her especially when you recuit her. When you go back to the castle. She was astonished and ran down to the castle...acts like a kid! She has a cute smiling face... hehehe

Oboro's Detective Agency employees- I like all of them, Sagiri,Shigure, Fuyo, Oboro, and the mouse...their cool hehehehe...

Well those are my favorites!

"It shall be engraved upon your very soul!" Hrist Valkyrie (VP2)
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh... I just drew something to express my favorits characters. Take a look...

My Top 9 fave SV characters

Viki - because she's cute and ditzy. Plus she has some mystery behind her.
Jeane - I could care less for her looks. But after SV, she seemed to be more than just a recurring character.
Miakis - She can be called strange or weird, but that's how i am sometimes. Though many don't get her, she's still able to be herself.
Sagiri - Her backstory is kinda sad... I empathize with her. Will she ever TRULY smile?
Richard - Little boy who LOVES his idol a bit TOO much... But no matter how queer this guy is, he's godly in battle. Be careful of magic though... ^^;
Zerase - Mysterious, conceited, and powerful. What else can you ask for from this uber-mage.
Bernadette - I feel bad that her father keeps putting her through mmind games... But i think this made her stronger... She's also a great healer in a party!
Toma - Spunky little boy who doesn't want to show any weaknesses.
After seeing his ending, i wonder how he'll grow up in his job... Very admirable.
Luserina - A young woman with class and finesse. Unlike her family, she's the most normal.
Seeing her striving like that will get my vote...

Swordsman from Kanakan

Organization XIII

19053 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Umm. . . For me. . . Honestly I like almost all of 'em. . . but. . . we need the most LOVED characters. . .

*Top 10
Lyon: She's like a little sister to the prince. . .
Again, she reminds me of someone special. . .
Dramatic. . . mostly in the ending. . . it made me cry you know!!!
The Twilight Rune. . .
*Top 9
Georg Prime: He's a god. . . One of the most useful character. . . He's worth to
be highlighted in the cover. . . Has a mysterious past. . . and he's
related with that narcist, Milich Oppenheimer. . .
*Top 8
Lucretia Merces: She was the most effective tactician for me!. . . or maybe
Shu. ..?
*Top 7
Richard: His voice was small yet he's a BLADEMASTER?!!! Damn. . .
*Top 6
Lymsleia: Because she's Falshe(Prince of Falena)'s little sister. . .
She reminds me of. . . someone special to me. . . :oops:
*Top 5
Euram Barows: A comedian. . .
My brother-in-law. . . :mrgreen:
*Top 4
Belcoot: A wonderful kind man. . . Very gentle. . .
*Top 3
Egbert Aethelbald: He makes me laugh of those "FILTHY GODWIN"s. . .
*Top 2
Miakis: She's a cute and cheerful. . . girl?(Do you still consider a 22 yrs. old a
girl?) And she's all the way balanced. . . ATK, DEF, MDF, MAG etc.
*Top 1
Luserina Barows!: I just love her. . .
The most useful character! Without her. . . . . what would
happen. . . in switching parties. . . and also. . . TO ME!!!
If I'm in Suikoden world. . . I'll marry her. . . :oops:
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From 12-1:

12: Belcoot - Falcon Rune.

11. Lindwurm Trio - Great attitde, Wilhelm and Mueller are the perfect tag team to lead a brigade, and with Richard, its impossible for them to lose.

10. Egbert Aethelbald - Yes, he's cool, and he will whip them FILTHY GODWIN DEVILS!

9. Linfa - Reminded me of the late Eddie Guerrero.

8. The Armes Trio - I liked their clothing and their attitude. Yes, even that Armes harlot.

7. Boz Wilde - Gahahaha! FIRE!

6. Oboro Detective Agency and kyle - For some reason, the game just wouldn't seem complete w/o them.

5. Miakis and Lyon - Snazzy! Female bodguards!

4. The Sindar Trio (Lorelai-Killey-Zweig) - I like people who persevere under such layers of clothing under the sun.

3. Luserina - Dammit, poor thing was let to rot with Salum Barows. She's like a Disney character.

2. Georg, Jeane and Viki - the recurring characters. Most notably Georg, he's just that awesome.

1. Prince and Cathari - I had Drain-Godspeed-Fury on Cathari, it works nice. Plus she's got a gun. And the Prince of course, who doesn't like his outfits?

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: