Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Characters
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Favorite Characters Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, a good deal of us are still playing this game. A good deal of us have beaten the game. and there are those who are just reading the spoilers and haven't played it yet. Anyhow we all have our favorite characters from this game. Whether it be because they have a great personality, they first appeared in a prior Suikoden or you really think they kick serious butt in the battlefield.

Basically I'm asking all of you to say who your favorite characters are from this game and why you like them so much.

For me, I really like Logg. Generally the thickheadded guy isn't atop my list but the personality he was given is very likable in my eyes. Also he's quite useful on the battlefield. He has plenty of Hit Points so that he can take some hits, unlike other characters and he has a tremendous amount of attack power. His Middle range allows me to place him behind a better armored front linesman and let Logg thwump opponents. I also seem to get a high amount of criticals out of him. I've given him a Power Rune so that he can deal extra damage and since he's usually in the back of the formation, he's not often hit. All in all, he's a good character.

Boz. Again, he's thick headded, but not so thick headded he doesn't realize he's not the smartest cookie. His continuous insight throughout the game provindes several funnier moments (Mohawk Head Castle? Too funny! Also the Oboro file #2 on Boz gave me a laugh.) But his skills on the big battlefield also make him a valuable recruit. His Spear unit always seems to be the go to guy out there, especially if he has a few Charge abilities. I'm liking the Boz.

So, what chatacters do you really like? I have more, but I'll save those for later.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Kyle. He's one of the better swordsmen, has a Cooperative Attack with Georg Prime, and, with his A rank affinity in Water Magic and his high magic stat, he can be designated the party healer. Plus, his personality is hilarious. I was quite entertained when Georg said, "Kyle would trade his life for one peek in that pool." Furthermore, he was a vehicle to introduce Jeane to the main storyline, something I've been waiting for for some time.

Zerase is one of my other favorites. I've long hoped that we would get to put Leknaat in our parties one of these days, and Zerase is the closest we've ever gotten. The Star Rune is one of the better unique runes, and she's godlike with all magic. Three level four spells by level fifty-five? Crazy. Plus, her physical attack actually does real damage, quite an odd occurrence for a mage. In short, she's one of the best characters in the game.

Also, I always put Viki in my parties. Technically, she's not the best mage, but she's one of my favorite characters. Of course, she's not bad by any means; particularly, her Chain Magic skill is great. I have her using a Thunder Rune; with a Thunder-boosting accessory (I believe it's the Thunder Ring) equipped, she does delightful damage.
Sir Penguin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lun, Logg, Subala. I like how they interact.

Also, I like Zerase. Especially when she told off Alenia. Alenia had it coming to her. :o
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, favorite characters?

I don't have the entire 108 yet, but I will input the ones I like sofar.

First off, I like Lu, mainly because of her spunk and the fact she's the only suiko character to "Squee" and make me laugh like a damn fool.

Second is Lun, mainly due to the fact nearly everyone in Raftfleet you talkto with Lun in the party barely catch themselves when they almost mention her... assests.

And, who can't forget poor, poor Kyle. What a womanizing dope. ~_~

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Richard (see avatar). Also I love Lorelai in this one... I hated her in Suikoden I & II though!

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Salum and Euram are favorites of mine. They ruined Salum's voice in the North American version, but that does not change my feelings.

Yahr was interesting for serving under the prince so faithfully, despite his lack of respect towards authority in the Island Nations. I mean, he procrastinates, is quick to disobey orders or shirk certain responsibilities, and what he did after he returned from the war shows he doesn't give much of a damn about allegiance, but he seems genuinely interested in aiding the prince in any way he can.

Alhazred is another great character. I really hope he shows up again.

Last edited by Leb on Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kyle "the scumbag of Leclar" is by far the best character ever, he is the only loyal Queen's Knight with a mind of their own to stand for what's right, yet so very flawed as person being a borderline pervert. He's got two things in his head at all times: do what he feels is right fulfilling his duties as a knight anyway possible, and trying to tag anything that moves. I am so glad that Konami allowed Kyle to get away with much more than any other previous character in the series when it comes to what was said, everytime Kyle is around you just know something very funny will happen or will be said by and to him.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my top favorite would be Ferid. the guy just kicks @ss. just sucks we never got to use him in battle.

other's that i like were the prince, belcoot, kyle, lucretia, and georg prime.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Kendo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Killey all the way. He ain`t that good off a fighter as in s2, but
he still looks kool, and I like his calmness.
Jibrille Hillbert

Lollers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love Roy. My heart belong to him. Seriously.
I like his personality, the way he act and all, and I like how he tries to win Lyon's heart dressing himself like the prince and all XD Really, I just love him. He's a particular character, with a certian attitude. I like this.
I also liked Belcoot, he was rather cute with his being so clueless about women. And he has this strong sense of justice... <3
Then there's Richard, wich has this cute smile but can be very dangerous. And really, to me, he's totally in love with Muller. Yay for shonenainess! (please don't point anything out about this fact, I'm not TOO serious. Beside, everyone has their point of view, so just pass on, please)
Lyon's a great chara as well, with a great sense of duty... Then there's Arshtat, a great wise queen. Ferid too is a wonderful chara.
I also love Shigure, and I would die to see his eyes..! I love Miakis and Rhal as well... and loads of other charas XD
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prince- I know it's stupid, but his weapon is cool and his moves in the duels are all pretty sweet. Plus the fourth outfit is so awesome looking.

Lyon- Hey, she's cute, she's strong, she's fast. And she's a Protector one of the few types of people I respect.

Georg- Well he's Georg what more can I say?

Killey- He shamelessly insults you when he joins, and the recruitment process for him is pretty cool.

Boz- One of the funniest guys in the series, and one of the best named.

Oboro- Well, he's involved in one of the funniest scenes in the game. He also has an interesting past.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, there are many loved characters. Here's a few more of may favorites.

God...er.. I mean Richard. I gave him a steel Rune and upped his evasion to the max and well, not much can touch him physically and when it does, its for like 1-2 damage. The only thing is he gets owned by magic, but I have that countered with several other useful people in the group (Alhazred with Ressurection Rune for the win). His love for Meuller is a bit strange, but everyone has their role model. Richard's just happens to be an abnormally tall guy with bluish hair....

Alhazred appears to be very overlooked. While not Zerase or Levi in terms os magical power, he has a better use for the weirder runes in the game than the more powerful magicians. Also he looks cooler than Levi. I like him and that is that.

Kyle seems to have a lot of love, but I'm more in favor of Galleon when it comes down to the Queen's Knights. Georg is cool too, but I just like Galleon's personality and his ability to be a tank. Kyle can't take a hit like Galleon can, but on the flip side Kyle is a better magician than ol' Galleon. Attack efficiency they come to par with eachother. I just prefer Galleon's personality to Kyle's laid back lady chasing ways. I prefer a loyal knight to one who gets distracted by fleshy mounds of a certain rune mistress.

More to come...

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zegai is extremely strong. He has been dealing 1000-4000 points of damage per hit since the assault on Beaver Lodge - I gave him a Crazed Rune and a Power Rune. Sure, I can't command him anymore, but he has no magic anyway. And he has perfect proficieny in the Untold Clarity Epic Skill and impressive HP - he's the best fighter in the game I have encountered so far.

Galleon has another Crazed Rune in my party. His MP and Magic stat are not good enough anyway. With godlike proficiency in Armor of the Gods and equpiment like the Saint's Cloak, both his Defense and Magic Defense are so high that he seldomly takes real damage. And the combination of the Crazed Rune and the perfect Mow Down capabilities sometimes destroys whole enemy parties in one single strike of his halberd.

And there's Mathias. He's not as strong as Zegai or Galleon, but he has enough MP to make a decent secondary mage, similar to Kyle. And Mathias can equip heavy armor, and he's an M range fighter. The reason why I use him is his personality, though. I really like his quotes, and I think his looks perfectly fit his character.

I also like Zerase. She has a Magical Rune and a Magic Absorb Rune. That means she can constanly cast her Meteor Shower spell, replenishing her MP by simple attacks. With the Sorcery Formation, she can chain-cast Meteor Shower twice for the cost of one spell before almost anyone can act. And after two Meteor Showers the Magical Rune and Zerase's innate power have obliterated any enemy party.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As usual, there's a bit of a split between characters that I just plain like, and characters who are obnoxiously powerful in battle. Fortunately, Suikoden games are never very hard, so I can use the characters that are aesthetically pleasing to me instead of feeling obligated to stuff my party with powerhouses.

Tenkai - The Tenkai in this game is very cool, in my opinion, the best one in the Suikoden series so far. I like him even better than Tir McDohl, and I love Tir. He seems to have a lot more 'lines', options where you can choose dialogue, and since Suikoden V has so much depth to it, his story is really quite a bit better explored than any of the other Tenkai really. Especially Lazlo. Also, I love his weapon to death.

Lyon - In the past, I've hated these 'protector-force-myself-into-party' types, like Gremio and Nanami. However, Lyon is actually useful in a fight, unlike Gremio, who was pretty awful, and Nanami, who was nothing more than speed. Also, she has an interesting story behind her, which is yet another reminder of how much I love Suikoden V relative to...oh, I don't know...Suikoden IV. Odd how that example keeps on coming up.

Lorelai - I like Lorelai an awful lot. I liked her in Suikoden I, despite her crappy and boring weapon. I loved her in Suikoden II, when she looked much cooler and had a much cooler weapon. I adore her in Suikoden V, where she's got a whip, which is awesome, and has a voice actor, and a much more important and interesting role in the story. That is to say, she has a role in the story. Hooray for being patient.

Zerase - It's hard for me to explain why enigmatic and ridiculously powerful magicians intrigue me, but there you have it. Zerase even has a pretty decent physical attack...no Richard by any means, but certainly much stronger than you'd expect a magician of her power to be. I'm quite hoping that she has some kind of story behind her, because I sure haven't gotten to it yet, and I'm a reasonable distance into the game by now, I think.

Sagiri - Mmm...I don't really want to go on about Sagiri for those who haven't played the game far enough to recruit her. I don't know who that consists of anymore, but there you have it. Anyway, I think she's pretty awesome.

Making this list, a whole wellspring of characters is coming to mind. Suikoden V actually seems to have a pretty strong cast overall, to me. The fact that some of the SoDs have their own dungeons and sidequests associated with them, which are much more in-depth than any of the ones in previous games, is really pretty exciting. It gives the game a chance to show off even the most obscure SoDs who might have nothing at all to do with the plot. Anyway, I'm sure I'll come up with a second list later, certainly a new one after I finish the game.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Miakis: She's lovely and looks pretty cute.I like her voice and fighting style too.
Georg:Not much too say, he is a Suikoden idol.
Prince:A very cool hero maybe even the best.
Isabel:She is very tough and her legs are.... :shock: :x
Belcoot:He looks cool and I like how he wields his 2handed sword
Shigure:My favourite.I like is acting and voice.His appearance and fighting skill is cool too.He is the coolest character.
Euram:He is a good villain.He is a little bit like (aww forget his name) the rose general from part 1.

and many more
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: