Suikoden Unique and Informational Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Editorial: Racial Diversity in Suikoden
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The article was put together well with lots of thought. Tho I too would love to see more racial diversity put in but also more diversity in the races you can play as and a larger diversity of character creeds such as a playable minotaur character for example or a more true version of say a samurai like character.

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Diversity in a Troubled World Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a black guy who loves rpgs, so it's pretty common for me to see a black person portrayed stereotypical in an rpg (whenever there is one IN an rpg that is..heh).

Really, the only exceptions have been in Suikoden's series and Xenosaga (the guy who says U-DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO).
luc

1862 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think the article was accrete the Suikoden series is one of the most racialy diverse games.Albeit the Hero has never been an ethinc but has been a girl next maybe a elf girl :D when most games havent got past Cloud ff7 type charecters.
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's a good point.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

as we've said before, you have to take geography into context, you aren't going to have an extreamly dark skined race living in a place that is geograpicly China, nor are you going to have completly luntistic people living in a geographical regoion that mimics the Plains of Africa.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eriatarka

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

haha, FF7...Barret was sterotypical black man in an RPG...come on, who DIDN'T name him Mr. T?

As for my opinion. I don't care. Like stated earlier, I'm more into the personally then what they look like in terms of gaming.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jean-Luc Godard

0 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, i don't like this article. i am sure the creators don't intend to be racist. just let them do what they want. they are doing a great job so far, why jepordize it? i think the person who wrote the article has too much time on his hands an thought this up. I am obviously hispanic and I could care less if I see one in the game, *although the karaya tribe could be incas, which is in my blood* because I play the game not to see hispanics with swords, but to see heroes, and villians, and everything else that made Suikoden the great series it is.
By the way, I live in Toronto, I have many Japanese friends, and my brother is even married to a japanese woman, and about 99 percent came here because they know of the cultural divesity and they want to meet other countries people. They have many friends from Mexico, Brazil, and other countries. I been told by them that Japan is very influenced now by the west, so, they are not the closed up country they used to be.
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not to be offensive or anything, but did you read the whole article?

It explains that Japan is indeed, as you say, very influenced by the west, but the exposure to races other than caucasian is rare.
And also, it comes to the conclusion that the creators didn't even consider dealing with racial diversity, mostly because they didn't consider it particularly important.

All the way to the edge of this world
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ecuafutbolfreak wrote:
well, i don't like this article. i am sure the creators don't intend to be racist. just let them do what they want. they are doing a great job so far, why jepordize it? i think the person who wrote the article has too much time on his hands an thought this up. I am obviously hispanic and I could care less if I see one in the game, *although the karaya tribe could be incas, which is in my blood* because I play the game not to see hispanics with swords, but to see heroes, and villians, and everything else that made Suikoden the great series it is.
By the way, I live in Toronto, I have many Japanese friends, and my brother is even married to a japanese woman, and about 99 percent came here because they know of the cultural divesity and they want to meet other countries people. They have many friends from Mexico, Brazil, and other countries. I been told by them that Japan is very influenced now by the west, so, they are not the closed up country they used to be.

I wrote the article.

I suggest you read the article first before criticizing it, because it certainly agrees with what you say.
Jean-Luc Godard

0 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i still dont think that they are intentionally being racist....you HAVE to much time on your hands....and i dont want to know what else is in your hand. seriously dude, just take a nice walk outside and if you want to see colours, watch the movie with sean penn, it's great!
Snowe Vingerhut

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahahaha!

You have lots of spelling & punctuation errors, and you don't make very much sense, but your posts are good for a laugh. Thanks.

Have a nice day, and do try to get out more, instead of posting too much on the internet and playing so many video games.
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ecuafutbolfreak wrote:
i still dont think that they are intentionally being racist....you HAVE to much time on your hands....and i dont want to know what else is in your hand. seriously dude, just take a nice walk outside and if you want to see colours, watch the movie with sean penn, it's great!

Wow... Just wow.

You do realize that he is the creator and an admin of this site right? If not for him, you wouldn't even be here right now filling up our forums with your garbage. I appreciate the things he does for this site with editorials and new info and all the old info, and what he does with his own free time is not for you to judge, or for anyone else to judge. So in conclusion, grow up, grow some balls and start making sense in your posts because when you try to insult someone it really makes you look worse than them.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ecuafutbolfreak wrote:

Yep, and if you used your brain for a change, instead of your rear end, you would be able to find out that the article said exactly that--that the Japanese people were NOT BEING RACIST AT ALL.

And for your idiotic behavior, you have been added to the "banned" section of this board. Don't bother coming back.
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Er....Was he the first ban of the board?
Just curious =P

All the way to the edge of this world
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, there's been quite a few before him. But, that's enough of that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: