Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Ending Choices ( SPOILER)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

WHich ending is more fitting sotrywise and SUikoden History wise and why?
Travel w/ Georg
25%
 25%  [ 11 ]
Stay Behind to help Lymsleia
75%
 75%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 44

the loose teeth

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i didn't get to choose what to do. i had 108 stars.

is the only way to get this choice of ending to miss some stars? and can someone elaborate on the different choices/what happens?

in my ending, lyon was revived by the sun rune, george left to the wander the land, and both hero and lyon became queen's knights.
Aile

Dawnsblade Cavalry

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First of all (to the people who said they only got one of the endings), was there any point in the ending that gave you a choice of any kind, or was it entirely absent?

I wonder if it's a matter of your choices earlier in the game regarding Lym/Georg.

I remember reading that some people had different or completely absent scenes based on how they had treated Lym during the beginning of the game. Thinking back, i know there are some choices you can make concerning Georg that might be similar, i guess (namely when it comes out that he did assassinate Arshtat, etc; is it possible to be angry/unaccepting towards him?). So, perhaps you had to pick the best choices possible in all circumstances for both of them to have the choice between both endings?
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Demon of Godsfall wrote:
First of all (to the people who said they only got one of the endings), was there any point in the ending that gave you a choice of any kind, or was it entirely absent?

I wonder if it's a matter of your choices earlier in the game regarding Lym/Georg.

I remember reading that some people had different or completely absent scenes based on how they had treated Lym during the beginning of the game. Thinking back, i know there are some choices you can make concerning Georg that might be similar, i guess (namely when it comes out that he did assassinate Arshtat, etc; is it possible to be angry/unaccepting towards him?). So, perhaps you had to pick the best choices possible in all circumstances for both of them to have the choice between both endings?

I think this is highly possible and probably does link to staying in Falena being the "best ending". Personally stupid Oboro screwed me up and so I got the bad ending and hence no choice... I left on the boat with Georg.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

on my first playthrough i choose to stay and help rebuild with lym, which the scene i thought was pretty cool. now i'm on my 2nd playthrough and will be choosing the other option to check out that scene.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Flik

The Blue Lightning

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here, i beat the game today, and didn't have all the stars... but this is a bit confusing about the ending, I didn't have the ability to choose, but the Prince didn't go with Georg neither stayed with Lym, it is said only that he is being missing, after that you can see Prince walking on the Arstwar mountains...... Anyone got this ending? :?
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think you must have had really few SoDs, something like 40-60.
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Demon of Godsfall wrote:

I also heard that treating Lyon more like a friend than a bodyguard affected the ability to choose an ending choice as well.

There's a topic on GameFaqs called "Lym/Lyon points (or something) that explains what choices to make. But I can't link it here cuz GameFaqs does'nt allow direct-linking. You could look there.
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blazing Camp wrote:
Demon of Godsfall wrote:

I also heard that treating Lyon more like a friend than a bodyguard affected the ability to choose an ending choice as well.

There's a topic on GameFaqs called "Lym/Lyon points (or something) that explains what choices to make. But I can't link it here cuz GameFaqs does'nt allow direct-linking. You could look there.

Yeah, I think it's at the very begining of the game, if you are mean to Lym, then you HAVE to get the best ending... I mean leave with Georg

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, if you are mean to Lym throughout the game, you will automatically go with Georg.

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's one ending for very few Stars, one ending for most of them but not all.

Two endings if you get all 108, if you were nice to Lym in the beginning of the game you get a choice, if you were a mean bastard then you're forced into the Georg ending.
MrMan

Secret Agent Men

180000 Potch
0 Soldiers
341000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose to help rebuild... but that was only because my controls were sticky and it chose the first choice for me! and foolishly, I saved to get the new game plus! curse that control... but even though I didnt really choose, I really liked the ending that way. it suited the game well. I suppose I'll have to go through the new game plus to see the Georg ending
vspirit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

haha played through the 108 SoD ed twice so i could see both (thought i could find the other on youtube but i didn't have any luck with it). while conceptually, i like the idea of the Prince going on adventures better (with Georg, too, who'd pass up an opportunity like that?) but as far as cutscenes are concerned, i felt the first choice blew the second out of the water. plus, it's a treat seeing the prince in the Queen's Knights' getup and his hair cut (tho that's a pity cos his hair sure was purdy). xD and i guess it'd only make sense for him to help his sister...travelling can always be left for later. I mean, he has the option of retiring early should Lymsleia ever get married so it's not like travelling would forever remain a closed road for him. Travelling WITH Georg however, might be but heh, whatever. xD
Sir Penguin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I think that the prince would be sick of royalty by then, so I voted "travel with Georg". Lym also said that the prince would be back to tell her about his travels, so it's not like the prince is abandoning Lym forever.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm actually playing this game for the 3rd time.
I wasn't aware of Lym's affection points, until I realized I didn't a certian scene. <spoilers>The scene where Lym asks if she can sleep in the same bed as the Prince. I got this scene the first time I tried, since I wanted to be the good big brother. The second time I was curious on what they would say, so I choose to be mean to her. By the time I realized this, it was already too late.<end spoilers>

The first time I played through, I didn't get all 108 stars. I missed Oboro since I was avoiding walkthroughs and forums at all cost. Just to have a fresh impression on the game. I got a majority of the stars, so the Prince went off with Georg. What gets me with this ending, is that it's different then the one with Lyon, the Prince and Georg. The ending seems to indicate the Prince will return to Lym eventually, and tell her about his adventures. So she is not upset about him leaving. She is determined to tough it out, despite she probably misses him already. So this ending really makes me respect Lym.
The second time I beated the game, I didn't hae the choice, since I wasn't aware of Lym's affection points. So I was forced to go with Georg. Still, it seemed like a happy ending as well.
I still have yet to see the one where the Prince stays. I'm even more curious now, since someone mentioned his hair was cut lol. I wonder what he looks like.

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You don't see the hair cut from the back, but the ponytail isn't swaying like it should have been. If that makes any sense at all...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: